• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Fuck yeah, Dark Brandon

To denote the thread has been moved

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Damn. You can see their souls exiting their bodies. Homerun moment, indeed.

For those who need more info, it's President Joe Biden turning the Supreme Court conservatives and the GOP to stone before our very eyes. I'm not giving it away. It's two seconds in. It's just youtube. Click it and watch Republicans' souls leave their bodies.

"If Americans send me a Congress that supports the right to choose I promise you: I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again".

No he won't, any more than Clinton or Obama enacted Roe v Wade as federal law back when they had Congresses that supported the right to choose. Our rulers are politicians. They'd rather preserve issues than rights.

"If Americans send me a Congress that supports the right to choose I promise you: I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again".

No he won't, any more than Clinton or Obama enacted Roe v Wade as federal law back when they had Congresses that supported the right to choose. Our rulers are politicians. They'd rather preserve issues than rights.
That’s my fear. As much as Republicans are addicted to “the border”, I can see Dems turning the abortion issue, and even “threats to democracy” into an addiction if those issues win them the election. If they lean into those issues after winning, I think they will be routed in 2028 unless they also control the House and Senate (which will not happen).

The Democrats sabotaged themselves to get ACA passed. Johnson feared losing the South over the Civil Rights Act (and he was right). Democrats have been pushing for state based referendums on abortion rights since Dobbs. Biden withdrew from Afghanistan. Biden is supporting Israel despite the non-negligible position of younger Democrats that "don't get it".

Biden won't get abortion through Congress because it seems mathematically impossible to get the super-majority in the Senate, and holding onto the Senate, while more possible due to the IVF ruling, is still a bit of a long shot in itself.

That’s my fear. As much as Republicans are addicted to “the border”, I can see Dems turning the abortion issue, and even “threats to democracy” into an addiction if those issues win them the election. If they lean into those issues after winning, I think they will be routed in 2028 unless they also control the House and Senate (which will not happen).
Woman here. Women have been worried about BOTH parties campaigning on the abortion issue.....since 1973, at least. I'd say longer but tbh, I didn't pay as much attention prior to Roe V Wade.

You are correct that it is used much the same way that the border issue is used. What is different this time is that USSC rolled back individual rights for the first time in the history of the US with Dobbs. I don't think most understand just how angry women are.

All Biden had to do is last long enough as POTUS to replace 2 “ conservative “ justices.

Woman here. Women have been worried about BOTH parties campaigning on the abortion issue.....since 1973, at least. I'd say longer but tbh, I didn't pay as much attention prior to Roe V Wade.

You are correct that it is used much the same way that the border issue is used. What is different this time is that USSC rolled back individual rights for the first time in the history of the US with Dobbs. I don't think most understand just how angry women are.
Some women. Trump is still seeing a decent amount of support from women that support the sanctity of life... the life of the unborn as long as it suits their personal needs (or needs of a close loved one).

As a reminder, no Democrat has placed a judge on SCOTUS that ever ruled against a woman's right to herself. That'd be all the GOP'ers. HW Bush, W Bush, and Trump (and McConnell with his shameless SCOTUS stunt) were the ones that contributed to the ax'ing of Roe v Wade.

All Biden had to do is last long enough as POTUS to replace 2 “ conservative “ justices.
Whom? Thomas, Alito, and Roberts aren't "that old". Roberts won't want to quit as Chief Justice, Thomas is being paid handsomely to stay on the bench. And Sotomayor isn't in the best of health and is 70. She needs to be replaced last year.

Whom? Thomas, Alito, and Roberts aren't "that old". Roberts won't want to quit as Chief Justice, Thomas is being paid handsomely to stay on the bench. And Sotomayor isn't in the best of health and is 70. She needs to be replaced last year.
Time heals all wounds. Thomas and Alito are older than Sotomayor.

What if Thomas takes up John Oliver’s offer?

Given that Roe v Wade was still the SC precedent the need for it was less for Clinton and Obama.

That doesn’t mean that Biden can get it done but to be fair the situations are not the same.

I don’t think he can afford it. You can’t live like a billionaire on $1m/yr. There is considerable cost to owning shit, and Thomas is millions ahead by using other people’s toys and money. The $1m/yr probably wouldn’t pay the upkeep on the yacht he gets to use for free, or the private jets he gets to travel on. Maybe a lump sum of a billion or two would do the trick.

The other issue is that the Dems are more likely than not to be the minority party in the Senate, unless women in Arizona, Florida, Montana, and Ohio keep or turn seats blue. I'd say men, but men seem to be unreliable.

Some women. Trump is still seeing a decent amount of support from women that support the sanctity of life... the life of the unborn as long as it suits their personal needs (or needs of a close loved one).

As a reminder, no Democrat has placed a judge on SCOTUS that ever ruled against a woman's right to herself. That'd be all the GOP'ers. HW Bush, W Bush, and Trump (and McConnell with his shameless SCOTUS stunt) were the ones that contributed to the ax'ing of Roe v Wade.
This is the same as #NotAllMen.

Of course not every woman supports abortion rights. Most who lose abortion rights do so because of religious reasons. I know multiple such women, some of whom are long time friends. Of course, not all religious women oppose abortion rights and some have had abortions themselves. I know more than one who did.

Certainly there are many of men who support abortion rights for women, including some religious men.

The majority of US citizens support abortion rights and birth control.

I think that every thinking person is aware of which USSC justice was appointed by which POTUS. Including women.

Yeah but Sotomayor is a woman. And Hispanic.
Roberts is six months younger than Mayor, and Thomas and Alito are 5 years older. But they all have dicks so it’s all good. Everyone knows men have two brains at their disposal.

Time heals all wounds. Thomas and Alito are older than Sotomayor. Roberts is six months younger than Mayor, and Thomas and Alito are 5 years older. But they all have dicks so it’s all good. Everyone knows men have two brains at their disposal.
Yeah but Sotomayor is a woman. And an Hispanic. Roberts is six months younger than Mayor, and Thomas and Alito are 5 years older. But they all have dicks so it’s all good. Everyone knows men have two brains at their disposal.
She has diabetes and has a traveling nurse, so it isn't just having diabetes. We can't afford another Ginsburg type replacement, where we lose another justice. 6-3 is bad enough.

I'd love for Roberts and Thomas to step down. Thomas should be forced to due to his pay for play arrangement. I already noted why Roberts won't quit, he is the CJ. Alito wouldn't quit and his living will would require him to remain alive until a Republican is back in the White House, leaving us with an 8 person jury for a while. But those three aren't going to quit with a Democrat in the White House, unless they pull a Scalia. So I don't have any delusions of that happening. I'd love for Sotomayor to stay on if we knew her health would manage, I thought she was younger until I read about her age recently.

Last edited:

This is the same as #NotAllMen.
No it isn't.
I don't think most understand just how angry women are.

While I'll concede women that support Trump are irate, angry, fuming... it'll be over trite stuff, not Dobbs. While women are more likely to support candidates that are better for the country, that percentage isn't huge, especially among white women. I've long accepted being a minority in the majority. If it weren't for minorities, the GOP would rule the US everywhere except Massachusetts, Vermont, and California.
Of course not every woman supports abortion rights. Most who lose abortion rights do so because of religious reasons. I know multiple such women, some of whom are long time friends. Of course, not all religious women oppose abortion rights and some have had abortions themselves. I know more than one who did.

Certainly there are many of men who support abortion rights for women, including some religious men.

The majority of US citizens support abortion rights and birth control.

I think that every thinking person is aware of which USSC justice was appointed by which POTUS. Including women.
Then what is with the juxtaposition with the border?

I don’t think he can afford it. You can’t live like a billionaire on $1m/yr. There is considerable cost to owning shit, and Thomas is millions ahead by using other people’s toys and money. The $1m/yr probably wouldn’t pay the upkeep on the yacht he gets to use for free, or the private jets he gets to travel on. Maybe a lump sum of a billion or two would do the trick.
Wait a doggone minute. Are you insinuating that Clarence’s dearest friends don’t value him for who he is but for what he can do for them? For shame on you!

Back
Top Bottom