• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
For those who think Israel is being indiscriminate:

They're honoring Geneva rules even when Geneva protects people it should not. (In this case, a civilian that participated in 10/7.) Even when they didn't agree to that part of Geneva. (We didn't sign that part of it, either.)

I really wish there was a way to verify this:

The URL says enough.

The data to verify or deny that doesn’t exist.

The only records are those of Hamas. And they ran a dysfunctional shit show of an administration. And they're notoriously dishonest on reporting numbers.

So I call bullshit. Nobody knows

And also.. Hamas have done their best to blur the difference between a combatant and civilian. Even if you sat with perfect intel you still wouldn't be able to clearly separate the groups

I really wish there was a way to verify this:

The URL says enough.

The data to verify or deny that doesn’t exist.

The only records are those of Hamas. And they ran a dysfunctional shit show of an administration. And they're notoriously dishonest on reporting numbers.

So I call bullshit. Nobody knows

And also.. Hamas have done their best to blur the difference between a combatant and civilian. Even if you sat with perfect intel you still wouldn't be able to clearly separate the groups
I think we have reasonable estimates on the dead. The interesting part was how many are family members of terrorists.

Hamas leader Sinwar is dead. I'm guessing Israel has given up on getting back any of the remaining hostages and are going for the heads.

Hamas leader Sinwar is dead. I'm guessing Israel has given up on getting back any of the remaining hostages and are going for the heads.
Yes, I think that you're probably right. Sinwar was never going to agree to any peace with Israel. He was on the far right side of the Hamas group that wanted war. He referred to the more moderate wing as the "hotel Hamas Dudes". He wanted chaos and death, and he got what he wanted in the end.

Honestly, I thought that the Israeli government gave up on getting the people that Gazans kidnapped back a year ago.

If the Gazans kidnap a bunch of people and then get what they want they're just going to kidnap more people the next time.

I'm confident that the IDF and Likud saved a bunch of innocent civilians by refusing to negotiate with terrorists for the return of the hostages, thereby making it less advantageous for Muslim terrorists to kidnap more people.
And the Gazan leadership could also save a bunch of innocent civilians by not using Gazans as cannon fodder and human shields.
But I don't think that they will.
Tom

Honestly, I thought that the Israeli government gave up on getting the people that Gazans kidnapped back a year ago.

If the Gazans kidnap a bunch of people and then get what they want they're just going to kidnap more people the next time.

I'm confident that the IDF and Likud saved a bunch of innocent civilians by refusing to negotiate with terrorists for the return of the hostages, thereby making it less advantageous for Muslim terrorists to kidnap more people.
And the Gazan leadership could also save a bunch of innocent civilians by not using Gazans as cannon fodder and human shields.
But I don't think that they will.
Tom
Gazan leadership is Hamas--it's not going to make one bit of difference to their human shield tactics.

I do agree it's going to reduce the incentive to take hostages, though. The be-nice approach always ends up hurting Israel, yet the world keeps demanding it.

IDF destroys an entire village in Lebanon.

Very interesting explosion pattern. Looks almost like a fuse leading up to the big boom. What weapon looks like that? Certainly nothing I'm aware of--a bomb starts with the biggest boom. But it's perfectly reasonable for secondaries. There are some "villages" in Lebanon that are basically nothing but Hezbollah rocket storage--I've never paid attention to names but this certainly seems like it might be an example of such.

IDF destroys an entire village in Lebanon.

Very interesting explosion pattern. Looks almost like a fuse leading up to the big boom. What weapon looks like that? Certainly nothing I'm aware of--a bomb starts with the biggest boom. But it's perfectly reasonable for secondaries. There are some "villages" in Lebanon that are basically nothing but Hezbollah rocket storage--I've never paid attention to names but this certainly seems like it might be an example of such.

Cluster munition.

Back
Top Bottom