• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
The reality is that Loren refuses to accept what I said is true. I don't know why he so freely makes accusations of anti-Semitism.

Oh, starvation has been the leading cause of death for many many years. It's just that we don't care about it unless it happens to Gazians[sic]. 10,000 children die per day due to starvation:

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Oh my. Sarcasm about starving Gazans?

One difference is that Gazans are being DELIBERATELY starved. Do you support that Netanyahu policy?
Bullshit. Stop spreading conspiracy theory nonsense.

The reality is that Loren refuses to accept what I said is true. I don't know why he so freely makes accusations of anti-Semitism.
Because it is anti-semitism?
Opposing Netanyahu and his war in Gaza is now redefined as anti-Semitism? How very convenient for the supporters of the Gaza genocide.

Oh, starvation has been the leading cause of death for many many years. It's just that we don't care about it unless it happens to Gazians[sic]. 10,000 children die per day due to starvation:

One difference is that Gazans are being DELIBERATELY starved. Do you support that Netanyahu policy?

No, I don't support Netanyahu. I don't think that it's possible to completely wipe out Hamas. However, this is hamas's doing. They are too blame. But people don't care about children starving unless they are gazians. 10,000 starve every day. Where are the posts regarding this?
As Swammerdami pointed out, are those deaths part of a direct policy?
Moreover, those who are concerned about starvation in the world can send needed resources that will arrive.

Finally, blaming Hamas for the choices made by the gov’t of Israel is sloppy snd biased thinking. Israel has agency on how they prosecute the war. Hamas started this tragedy snd does its best to egg Israel into acting like cold blooded killers of children and othe noncombatants. But Israel need not help Hamas meet its goal.

Like I said, I'm against Neta's policies. I favor peace. I favor a cease fire that both sides agree to. But clearly, it doesn't appear that Hamas is interested. Maybe there is a chance now that Sinwar is dead...

:confused2:
Human Rights Watch regards the starvation as deliberate:
Children in Gaza have been dying from starvation-related complications since the Israeli government began using starvation as a weapon of war, a war crime, Human Rights Watch said today. Doctors and families in Gaza described children, as well as pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, suffering from severe malnutrition and dehydration, and hospitals ill-equipped to treat them.
. . .
“The Israeli government’s use of starvation as a weapon of war has proven deadly for children in Gaza,” said Omar Shakir, Israel and Palestine director at Human Rights Watch. “Israel needs to end this war crime, stop this suffering, and allow humanitarian aid to reach all of Gaza unhindered.”
. . .
International humanitarian law prohibits the starvation of civilians as a method of warfare. The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court provides that intentionally starving civilians by “depriving them of objects indispensable to their survival, including willfully impeding relief supplies,” is a war crime.

Since the Hamas-led October 7, 2023, attacks in Israel, the Israeli government has deliberately blocked the delivery of aid, food, and fuel into Gaza, while impeding humanitarian assistance and depriving civilians of the means to survive. Israeli officials ordering or carrying out these actions are committing collective punishment against the civilian population and the starvation of civilians as a method of warfare, both of which are war crimes.

A United Nations reporter regards the starvation as deliberate:

The UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food Michael Fakhri has said that the spread of disease and Israel’s “starvation campaign” in Gaza is “killing more people than bombs and bullets”.
. . .
His comments follow his new report to the UN General Assembly last week, in which he detailed how Israel has used starvation in Gaza “with the intent to destroy in whole or in part the Palestinian people”.

“Never in post-war history had a population been made to go hungry so quickly and so completely as was the case for the 2.3 million Palestinians living in Gaza,” Fakhri said.
. . .
It explained that Israel’s destruction of Gaza’s food system, including the poisoning and destruction of agricultural land, and the destruction of ports and fishing vessels served to make the entire population dependent on humanitarian aid.

“In turn, Israel then used humanitarian aid as a political and military weapon to harm and kill the Palestinian people in Gaza,” the report read, referring to the severe restrictions Israel has imposed on humanitarian aid flows to the besieged enclave.
Et cetera.

Stop denying the war crimes.

The starvation is clearly deliberate, and as I have noted and linked on a couple of occasions, a high Israeli official said it would be moral to starve 2 million Gazans and Israel would go right ahead and do it but “the world would stop us.” So they are doing it in slow-motion instead. That the U.S. offers arms and money to this ongoing blatant war crime is beyond disgusting.

Saying or implying that those who oppose Netanyahu’s genocide (it’s not a war — the other side has no army) are anti-Semitic is of course straightforwardly ad hominem, in addition to being a despicable slur. It’s also a wildly successful tactic, used again and again throughout history. Oppose the war in Vietnam? It’s not because you have a good argument, it’s because you’re a Communist yourself, or a Commie sympathizer, or a fellow traveller, or a disgusting hippie.

Oppose Hitler? It’s because you’re a Jew, or a homosexual, or the member of an inferior race, or vermin, or an enemy of the people.

Oppose Trump? It’s because you’re vermin, you’ve got inferior genes, you’re an immigrant, you’re a Marxist maniac, or you’re an enemy of the people.

Oppose Netanyahu’s genocide? It’s because … you get the picture.

No, I don't support Netanyahu. I don't think that it's possible to completely wipe out Hamas. However, this is hamas's doing. They are too blame. But people don't care about children starving unless they are gazians. 10,000 starve every day. Where are the posts regarding this?
Moreover, those who are concerned about starvation in the world can send needed resources that will arrive.

Finally, blaming Hamas for the choices made by the gov’t of Israel is sloppy snd biased thinking. Israel has agency on how they prosecute the war. Hamas started this tragedy snd does its best to egg Israel into acting like cold blooded killers of children and othe noncombatants. But Israel need not help Hamas meet its goal.

Like I said, I'm against Neta's policies. I favor peace. I favor a cease fire that both sides agree to. But clearly, it doesn't appear that Hamas is interested. Maybe there is a chance now that Sinwar is dead...
I think there is even less of a chance now that Hamas will agree to peace. Of course, I think that chance has always been epsilon away from zero,

Almost invariably, yes.

The world is awash with food. Far more people suffer health problems due to too much food, than suffer due to too little.

Famine ceased to exist in the absence of war with the end of authoritarian communism in the late C20th, when the Soviet Union collapsed (eliminating her proxies in the developing world), and the Chinese decided to become capitalists (albeit retaining the 'communist' label to save face).

Most famine today (and compared to the mid C20th, there is effectively almost none) is due to religious wars between (or within) Christianity and Islam, often plastered on top of post-colonial tribal wars. Northern Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia and Yemen are worst affected; War is the sole causative factor.

Since the "Live Aid" famine of the 1980s, Ethiopia's population has tripled, and that country has suffered three droughts as bad as, or worse than, that of the 1980s. But the war is over, and in the absence of war, neither population nor drought was able to trigger famine.

Famine is so closely coupled with war that it no longer makes sense to consider it as a separate problem; The only cure (and the invariably effective cure) for famine, is peace.

Saying or implying that those who oppose Netanyahu’s genocide (it’s not a war — the other side has no army) are anti-Semitic is of course straightforwardly ad hominem, in addition to being a despicable slur. It’s also a wildly successful tactic, used again and again throughout history. Oppose the war in Vietnam? It’s not because you have a good argument, it’s because you’re a Communist yourself, or a Commie sympathizer, or a fellow traveller, or a disgusting hippie.
It also helps mask the actual anti-Semitism which is, in fact, flourishing disgustingly throughout the world right at the moment. Israel sure as hell isn't helping the situation, but they didn't start the fire either. There is real and deadly anti-Semitism in the US and elsewhere, but conflating any criticism of Netanyahu with antisemitism helps it hide in plain sight. In my country only people on the "Left" want to talk about the deadly anti-Semitism that is and always was always attached to the Alt-Right and the crazier wing of the Christian theocrats. Meanwhile, only people on the "Right" want to talk about the genocidal intent that Wahhabist political-religious movements don't much try to hide. And no one does anything at all to actually, you know, combat anti-Semitism, which is a real and growing problem.

Back
Top Bottom