• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harris will likely win

American democracy dispite its flaws, has always overcome its mistakes. It works.
That's true of every failed system, right up to the point where it fails.
High Energy and Positivity Please. :dancing:
Positivity is a vile, dangerous and corrosive force that is the major contributor to the enshitification of everything.

High Energy is for toddlers and cheerleaders.

Positivity gets things done, but pessimism and skepticism are the only ways to stop those things from being the wrong things.

The lack of skepticism around the polls has been annoying me.
Why should the polls be alarming folks? They are echo'ing '16 and '20. We've learned that the Republicans will vote for whomever is on the ticket, and that Evangelical just meant racist MoFo.
462567979_571382295560232_3106982691997450058_n.jpg

Here is my prediction map. Based on what you ask? Just my completely non-expert hunches (although we might still win Georgia, possibly West Virginia). Besides prediction is just speculation anyway.
I understand putting California and Indiana in "safe" zones.
But Pennsylvania and Michigan and North Carolina?

Whatever you're smoking I'll need some on election day.
Tom
I am a natural born pessimist. I wish the universe would stop justifying my pessimism, so I could begin to hope that I was wrong and my doomsaying was wrong. I dread election night and plan on going to bed as soon as they call Pennsylvania.
Totally agree! I plan to go to bed before it’s called so that I can have some peace. For once, I’d love to see the underdog beat the asshole bully (Trump).

American democracy dispite its flaws, has always overcome its mistakes. It works.
Positivity is a vile, dangerous and corrosive force that is the major contributor to the enshitification of everything.

Positivity gets things done, but pessimism and skepticism are the only ways to stop those things from being the wrong things.
Yikes! What a way to live!! 😵‍💫

I'm skeptical about your position.

What, have you never wanted someone to be brave enough to stand up when the boss says "Wouldn't it be a great idea if..." and say "No. That would be a disaster, for these reasons..."?

You should want that to happen. Particularly if you are the boss.

Positivity is what causes horrific outcomes, such as Elon Musk.

What, have you never wanted someone to be brave enough to stand up when the boss says "Wouldn't it be a great idea if..." and say "No. That would be a disaster, for these reasons..."?

Just because I stand in the garage doesn't mean I'm a car.

I am a boss and that is encouraged it does not have to mean negative and derogratory.

I am a boss and that is encouraged it does not have to mean negative and derogratory.
I never said it had to be derogatory, that's your spin.

It has to be negative, or it's utterly impossible to do at all. "No" isn't a positive idea, but it's often useful, and frequently necessary.

I never said it had to be derogatory, that's your spin.

It has to be negative, or it's utterly impossible to do at all. "No" isn't a positive idea, but it's often useful, and frequently necessary.
And that's your spin.

Personally, I think the biggest winner of this upcoming election won't be Trump or Harris, but the fucking lawyers. There's gonna be so many RVonse-esque challenges to the results I reckon a whole swathe of ambulance chasers have already paid deposits on their new holiday home in anticipation.
How many of the last bunch are facing lawsuits, disbarment, or criminal charges?

It looks like KH wants to continue with the Trump wall...er something. The answer is the usual "orange man bad" and word salad, so form your own opinion:

Cooper presses Harris on supporting border bill after calling border wall 'stupid,' 'useless'

Does this mean Kamala wants to keep the brown people out? Is she upset about the changing demographics, too?
Harris has to walk a difficult line of helping not offend people who are angry about problems that aren't real. So yeah, I expect a stumble or too because it is hard to coddle people afraid of ghosts and they get angry if you suggest s ghosts aren't real.
She did the same thing in the CNN town hall last night. She is being very careful with words, and I wish she would just speak her mind.

Personally, I think the biggest winner of this upcoming election won't be Trump or Harris, but the fucking lawyers. There's gonna be so many RVonse-esque challenges to the results I reckon a whole swathe of ambulance chasers have already paid deposits on their new holiday home in anticipation.
How many of the last bunch are facing lawsuits, disbarment, or criminal charges?
A lot. Quite a lot actually. I also don't see that as the deterrent you think it is. Ambulance Chasers compare themselves to Dershowtiz's successes, not Guiliani's failures.

My reason 3

Harris continues to get endorsements daily and from repugs.

She got black farmers today

Last edited:
It looks like KH wants to continue with the Trump wall...er something. The answer is the usual "orange man bad" and word salad, so form your own opinion:

Cooper presses Harris on supporting border bill after calling border wall 'stupid,' 'useless'

Does this mean Kamala wants to keep the brown people out? Is she upset about the changing demographics, too?

Cooper: Is a border wall stupid?
Harris: Well let's talk about Donald Trump and that border wall, cackle, cackle cackle.

She really is a dope.

And by the way, she looks like she has aged badly the past few months 😲

I just heard this morning that there have been 19 polls done in Pennsylvania in October. 11 of them were by right wing partisan polling groups, 7 were by non partisan groups, and one from Brazil that no one has ever heard of before.

If the poll aggregators want to maintain their appearances of integrity they need to start calling out these partisan "polls".
They don't need to call them out, just note how far from the average they typically are and adjust accordingly.

I just heard this morning that there have been 19 polls done in Pennsylvania in October. 11 of them were by right wing partisan polling groups, 7 were by non partisan groups, and one from Brazil that no one has ever heard of before.

If the poll aggregators want to maintain their appearances of integrity they need to start calling out these partisan "polls".
They don't need to call them out, just note how far from the average they typically are and adjust accordingly.
The opinion from someone who is not in the polling business.

She's a cop.
She won’t commit. Her handlers are careful in not letting her say anything that might make Cheatos ideas look good.

Keeping it useful while avoiding negativity is a talent. Its one reason I greatly disliked the “being the boss” part of being an entrepreneur.
I tend to call a turd a turd, and even embellish. Also am easily excited by positive potentials and get distracted by success. So I’m a crap manager. Employees liked me but I wasn’t good at pressing them to optimize performance.

I was lucky to have one partner for whom keeping the balance was second nature; he could crack a whip in one moment and let himself be humbled by an entry level employee’s observation in the next. I could never crack a whip effectively. And if an entry level employee made some global observation about the Company, I would not be focused enough to even realize they had a point - if they did. That partner could also find ways to get managers to stop whining about their employees and help them out. Styles vary. All that matters in business is being effective.

Back
Top Bottom