• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harris will likely win

It looks like KH wants to continue with the Trump wall...er something. The answer is the usual "orange man bad" and word salad, so form your own opinion:

Cooper presses Harris on supporting border bill after calling border wall 'stupid,' 'useless'

Does this mean Kamala wants to keep the brown people out? Is she upset about the changing demographics, too?

Cooper: Is a border wall stupid?
Harris: Well let's talk about Donald Trump and that border wall, cackle, cackle cackle.
Petty
She really is a dope.
Name calling.
And by the way, she looks like she has aged badly the past few months 😲
More petty.

Yup, a Trump supporter.

It looks like KH wants to continue with the Trump wall...er something. The answer is the usual "orange man bad" and word salad, so form your own opinion:

Cooper presses Harris on supporting border bill after calling border wall 'stupid,' 'useless'

Does this mean Kamala wants to keep the brown people out? Is she upset about the changing demographics, too?
She's a cop.
She won’t commit. Her handlers are careful in not letting her say anything that might make Cheatos ideas look good.
Her ability to not say every goddamned thing that pops into her head is a selling point favoring her over Trump.

The trouble with solving the "migration crisis" is that managing immigration well can't be reduced to a short soundbite, like "We'll build a wall and have Mexico pay for it." Trump not only failed to build a wall... he failed to get much in the way of any funding for the wall when his party had majority control of both Houses of Congress.

Now Trump has "close the border", which geographically speaking is kind of impossible. You can close crossings, but that is about it. The border is quite long. And "mass deportation" which will involve issues of other nations raising issues as they aren't obligated to take people who aren't citizens into their country.

But some people really love the easy to remember short phrases and mock people that can't say how they plan to solve immigration issues in a sentence.

Easy to remember short phrases and mockery are all they have.
The fact that that is sufficient to turn a treasonous halfwitted career fraudster into a viable major party candidate for President, is not just sad. It actually gives credence to that party’s assertion that this Country is becoming a shithole.
Thanks Donald.

I remember Clinton being impeached for lying about a blowjob under oath. They voted to convict him and remove him from office for lying about a blowjob under oath.

They voted to save Trump from Impeachment after trying to seize control of an election via a mob at the US Capitol. I guess that just isn't as bad as lying under oath about a blowjob. Now they are supporting his election in 2024.

Now they are supporting his election in 2024.

Is it even possible that the “brains” behind Sta-Puft boy don’t understand who pays for tariffs? Or do they think it’s really slick to rob the consumer class so billionaires can buy more Justices?
Is Tswizzle a billionaire who doesn’t buy consumer goods with any significant fraction of his 9-figure income? How hard is it to figure out who benefits and who gets hurt by “blanket tariffs”?
It’s tempting to just start calling all these Trumpers stupid, but even that doesn’t fully explain the depravity.
I have a BIL whose daughter married the only son of a billionaire. Now he’s a bigtime unashamed Trumpsucker. Sold his house in PA and moved to be “closer to her”, though he has a son who DIDN’T marry money - no need to be near HIS family! Oh well at least that’s two Trump votes that won’t be cast in PA.
Anyhow, that kinda makes sense to me - more billions if Trump gets re-appointed. Fewer billions if they are forced to pay working class tax rates.
But Swizzle? I don’t think he stands to do anything but LOSE if he gets his choice.
Please someone -make it make sense!

Please someone -make it make sense!
It's the electorate stupid! It isn't the economy anymore, but what the electorate thinks about it... and about 1/4 of those that vote are high misinformation voters. People who get their news from websites and Cable channels that view news as partisan entertainment, rather than actual news coverage.

The MAGA Movement is the Age of the High Misinformation Voter.

Looking at the polling data, definitely reasons for concern. Hopefully the pollers have figured Trump out, because otherwise, a bunch of people that think that FEMA is trying to take over western North Carolina are going to put Trump over the top.

Do you think Swiz is a “high misinformation” voter? I don’t know.
Maybe just a low info voter. He seems very disinterested actually.
I suspect he is not worried about his immediate financial situation, doesn’t need any “public assistance” and doesn’t really want to pay for anyone else’s “public assistance”, which he’s pretty sure he will have to do if Dems are in control.
No deeper understanding than that would result in voting for Sta-Puft boy.

Harris: Well let's talk about Donald Trump and that border wall, cackle, cackle cackle.
Petty
She really is a dope.
Name calling.
More petty.

lol, yeah, funny how you only notice pettiness when it’s against your cult leader cackling Harris.

Another point is this.
If you want to prevent undocumented workers from getting jobs, start prosecuting the employers who hire them!
It is astounding that this point is never really talked about. How often do we see prosecution of employers actually happen? It really makes one doubt the sincerity of the argument that illegals taking American jobs is a problem for the economy.
We did see some. Her favorite source of roast duck disappeared because the guy got busted.

However, for the most part the problem is we lack adequate means of verification. And while we have e-verify the government isn't serious about solving the problem because if they "succeed" they'll replace illegals working on false documentation with illegals working on stolen identities--same problem, more fallout. We need to solve identity theft first.

Do you think Swiz is a “high misinformation” voter? I don’t know.
TSwizzle is a poster here, so there are rules that exist regarding talking about.
Maybe just a low info voter. He seems very disinterested actually.
I suspect he is not worried about his immediate financial situation, doesn’t need any “public assistance” and doesn’t really want to pay for anyone else’s “public assistance”, which he’s pretty sure he will have to do if Dems are in control.
No deeper understanding than that would result in voting for Sta-Puft boy.
What I do know is that people have invested a lot of energy in the misinformation they've been fed. It is self-perpetuating! The FEMA lies after Helene... Musk and Trump allege something and it caught fire! They don't even have to try to lie anymore. Has become so easy because anything that contradicts it is easily handwaved away. Our nation is sick. And there is nothing left for us other than to lose and see what the consequences will be. Might not be this time, but it'll likely happen with this misinformation bred illness about.

The trouble with solving the "migration crisis" is that managing immigration well can't be reduced to a short soundbite, like "We'll build a wall and have Mexico pay for it." Trump not only failed to build a wall... he failed to get much in the way of any funding for the wall when his party had majority control of both Houses of Congress.

Now Trump has "close the border", which geographically speaking is kind of impossible. You can close crossings, but that is about it. The border is quite long. And "mass deportation" which will involve issues of other nations raising issues as they aren't obligated to take people who aren't citizens into their country.

But some people really love the easy to remember short phrases and mock people that can't say how they plan to solve immigration issues in a sentence.
Well, and you NEED the border to be open to some people. Most people. Otherwise there's no international business or investment, no resource exchange, no research and education, no tourism, no diplomacy... What we really means is "close the border to poor Mexicans" but you can't say that out loud, so they have to hide it behind an absurdity. There is no such thing as a country with "closed borders", such a country would just die. In the real world, border closures are always situational and targeted at someone.

Petty
She really is a dope.
Name calling.
More petty.

lol, yeah, funny how you only notice pettiness when it’s against your cult leader cackling Harris.

Sure, Jan.

She isn’t a cult leader. Trump is, and you’re a member of his cult.

You’re also a member of the Climate Denialist Cult, a Rapture-like cult.

Another point is this.
If you want to prevent undocumented workers from getting jobs, start prosecuting the employers who hire them!
It is astounding that this point is never really talked about. How often do we see prosecution of employers actually happen? It really makes one doubt the sincerity of the argument that illegals taking American jobs is a problem for the economy.
We did see some. Her favorite source of roast duck disappeared because the guy got busted.

However, for the most part the problem is we lack adequate means of verification. And while we have e-verify the government isn't serious about solving the problem because if they "succeed" they'll replace illegals working on false documentation with illegals working on stolen identities--same problem, more fallout. We need to solve identity theft first.
We need to accept there is a market for labor. You sound like a child on a beach trying to figure out how to save the sand castle from the tide, when the tide will without doubt destroy the sand castle.

The US needs to get over this ridiculous denial on immigrant labor desire.

Petty
She really is a dope.
Name calling.
More petty.
Repetitive pettiness and an odd reference to a cult. Are you incapable of coming up with your own stuff or do you need to copy other people? On no universe can Harris be considered a cult of personality.

Homeless illegals? I'm in Florida. The only illegals I see are mowing lawns, installing roofs, and picking crops. Same as its been for the decades I've lived here. All the homeless people I've met are citizens and they have a lot less negative impact on my life than pickpocket above the law white collar criminals. They do a lot less drugs too.
Every person that I've seen that I thought was homeless was white.

Long term homelessness is usually caused by a lack of ability to function in society--but such a person isn't likely to be able to successfully make the trip here. The reality is illegals are considerably less of an issue than citizens. And those who can make the trip here pretty much automatically precludes any serious disability.

The illegals I’ve met here in NYC are some of the hardest-working, most law-abiding people I’ve ever seen. They have to be law-abiding to avoid deportation. They work scut jobs for endless hours, and often live with entire families crowded into a tiny, crappy apartment in a bad neighborhood. They are not exploiting us — we are exploiting them.

Petty
She really is a dope.
Name calling.
More petty.
Repetitive pettiness and an odd reference to a cult. Are you incapable of coming up with your own stuff or do you need to copy other people?
You are very observant when it comes to your cult leader.

On no universe can Harris be considered a cult of personality.

lol, too funny. Only a few short weeks ago Harris was widely viewed as an incompetent imbecile even by her own party. Fast forward to today and she's the messiah that is going to save democracy. lol. (but I expect there are many who keep their true feeling quiet)

Only a few short weeks ago Harris was widely viewed as an incompetent imbecile even by her own party. Fast forward to today and she's the messiah that is going to save democracy. lol. (but I expect there are many who keep their true feeling quiet)
So, so, so true. You know, Harris has been saying that -- hold your breath here, this is really demented -- that American school kids are getting sex change operations AT SCHOOL, against the wishes of their parents.
Now, forget your political position for a second -- don't you have to agree that anyone who would say THAT, over and over, has extreme mental issues?
Unless you think that those surgeries are actually happening.........

Back
Top Bottom