• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hatred of Obama

I hope I live long enough to witness a reporter telling Trump to his face: "Mr. President, that is a LIE"
They don't do that. They just swallow hard and move on to the next question, eliciting another lie and another hard swallow...

But you haven't proven me wrong.
Never said I had.

You stated, point blank, as a fact, that I was wrong. Now you have admitted that you failed to show I was wrong.

I hope I live long enough to witness a reporter telling Trump to his face: "Mr. President, that is a LIE"
They don't do that. They just swallow hard and move on to the next question, eliciting another lie and another hard swallow...

I saw a congressman do that some years back.

Trump humpers have been trying to insist that the resistance Trump gets is just partisanship. It most definitely is not just mere partisanship. They wish to frame it as such in order to distract from the fact that this administration is overtly bigoted, very authoritarian, corrupt to the core, and so on. They wish to make the case that Trump is business as usual. It is not.

It becomes a case of boy who cried wolf. Your country is so polarized that anything and everything gets labelled partisanship now, and when something real happens, people don't see beyond the partisanship.
There is partisanship. Then there is willful blindness not to see the difference between blocking an ultra-conservative justice nominee and blocking a moderate SCOTUS nominee.

So when I say "some have never met a Republican" and you reply with "I have", you haven't proven me wrong.
You have provided no evidence to support your claim: there is no factual reason to accept it.

But you haven't proven me wrong.

Given the extreme implausibility of your claim, 100% of the burben of proof is you. Given the number of Republicans and that some exist in every community, something just short of a full blown supernatural miracle would be required for anyone here above the age of 5 to have never met a Republican. So, until you provide definitive evidence, the only rational conclusion is that you are engaging in dishonest hyperbole.

Your only "evidence" seems to be that some people have views of Republicans that you disagree with. It is infinitely more plausible that this disagreement arises because you are being dishonest about the nature of Republicans than that they have never met one.

As for asking a forum with more Republicans, that will not get to a more accurate answer since there is overwhelming evidence that intellectual dishonesty is a foundational cornerstone of conservative ideology. Although there is plenty of other evidence, one need not look any further than the grotesque intellectual dishonesty that defines the religious beliefs of the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans, most of whom reject evolution and other extreme anti-science positions that require the lying about basic facts of reality.

As for asking a forum with more Republicans, that will not get to a more accurate answer since there is overwhelming evidence that intellectual dishonesty is a foundational cornerstone of conservative ideology. Although there is plenty of other evidence, one need not look any further than the grotesque intellectual dishonesty that defines the religious beliefs of the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans, most of whom reject evolution and other extreme anti-science positions that require the lying about basic facts of reality.

Don't forget the religious beliefs of Libertarians.

You stated, point blank, as a fact, that I was wrong. Now you have admitted that you failed to show I was wrong.
As usual, you are wrong. I said I proved you were wrong. You are wrong. As ronburgundy pointed out in post 45, it is implausible that anyone over the age of 5 has met a Republican during their life. I would say it is very highly implausible even lowering that to the age of 2. You have had plenty of opportunity to support your claim of fact in this thread, but you have failed to even try.

The real question here is why a self-proclaimed "libertarian" wishes to deflect from the OP topic about hatred of Obama by defending Republicans.

As ronburgundy pointed out in post 45, it is implausible that anyone over the age of 5 has met a Republican during their life. I would say it is very highly implausible even lowering that to the age of 2. You have had plenty of opportunity to support your claim of fact in this thread, but you have failed to even try.

The real question here is why a self-proclaimed "libertarian" wishes to deflect from the OP topic about hatred of Obama by defending Republicans.

As usual, you are wrong. I said I proved you were wrong. You are wrong. I have proved you are wrong. You are wrong. The real question is why you wish to deflect from the topic by pretending I'm defending Republicans.

As ronburgundy pointed out in post 45, it is implausible that anyone over the age of 5 has met a Republican during their life. I would say it is very highly implausible even lowering that to the age of 2. You have had plenty of opportunity to support your claim of fact in this thread, but you have failed to even try.

As usual, you are wrong. I said I proved you were wrong. You are wrong. I have proved you are wrong. You are wrong. The real question is why you wish to deflect from the topic by pretending I'm defending Republicans.
The topic is hatred of Obama, not Woodrow Wilson nor whether anyone knows a Republican. So why deflect from the topic?

People who think that Obama is the worst president ever have no sense of history and have no knowledge of Woodrow Wilson. There's a connection.
Please point to your post where you make a fact-based argument that the hatred of Obama is based him being worse than Woodrow Wilson. Without that argument, there is no logical connection.

People who think that Obama is the worst president ever have no sense of history and have no knowledge of Woodrow Wilson. There's a connection.
Please point to your post where you make a fact-based argument that the hatred of Obama is based him being worse than Woodrow Wilson. Without that argument, there is no logical connection.

So what you are saying is "Show me that those who don't know who Wilson is think that Obama is worse than Wilson." Good job crafting that absurd and illogical question.

I guess what I'm asking is, was it a specific policy that Obama legislated that really upset a specific group of people, like maybe pilling out of Iraq for some reason, IDK, or is it just bipartisanship or worse, just plain ugly racism.

....or something completely different altogether (he really IS the hesd of a satanic cult ;)

I guess what I'm asking is, was it a specific policy that Obama legislated that really upset a specific group of people, like maybe pilling out of Iraq for some reason, IDK, or is it just bipartisanship or worse, just plain ugly racism.

....or something completely different altogether (he really IS the hesd of a satanic cult ;)

You're apparently not reading our responses. Obama is black and a Democrat. Our current right wing authoritarian disease doesn't care about anything else. Literally ANYTHING he did was taken as an affront to those morons, especially when he took THEIR healthcare plan and implemented it as the Affordable Healthcare Act.

I'm not joking when I say do not expect logic or reason from our current batch of Republicans. They are ideologically diseased. You might as well try to reason with a drunk. It's just not going to happen.

The Republicans have been demonizing all Democrats with a shot at the presidency.

Yeah, and Democrats have been demonizing Republicans... think is, Republican's have been much more far-sighted and effective in their demonization efforts*. That's largely the Dems' fault - the Rep's could see Hillary coming from miles away, and so had decades of practice demonizing her, but they nominated her anyway. Dems never took Cheato seriously until the day after the election.

I hope there is a crowded field of Dem Presidential candidates in 2020, so at least the Russo-Republican demonization machine will have to spread its efforts out somewhat.

* Pizzagate - - a great example of demonization. Only credible to card-carrying trumpsuckers, but they genuinely believed it, to the point where one of them shot up the restaurant.... Maybe this time around there will be "Trump sells kidnapped babies to sex trafficking ring and meat processors" stories?

The Democrats have been demonizing some bad Republicans, not all of them. It's just the Republicans these days put forth a lot of demons.

I've already explained quite a bit about right wing authoritarian mentality. The submission to authority and aversion to questioning and doubt actually have a significant impact on how a person processes information and perceives the world. It's not just a matter of having a crappy ideology of selfishness and bad philosophies like trickle down and bootstraps. It's how cognitive pitfalls dovetail so nicely with ideological pitfalls and the constant interplay of tendencies and social reinforcements that produce this inflammatory ideological disease we see in the US right wing.

This is not my opinion. There's plenty of research and literature on this topic going back decades. You can read more about at the link in my signature.

But I hasten to add that Democrats would be vilifying him, just not to the same extent that the Republicans vilify Obama.
Really? You think a Democrat congressman would have shouted "Liar!" during McCain's address?
That Democrats would have demanded an accounting from McCain about why he wasn't in the Oval Office during 9/11?

I doubt they'd have come anywhere NEAR what Obama went through.

I seriously doubt there would have been a grass roots organization saying McCain is ineligible as President because he was born in Panama had he won. Or that he is a Manchurian Candidate due to his time being tortured by the North Vietnamese. Such a thing would be highly probable if McCain ran as a Democrat. The illegitimate black child bullshit would have reared its ugly head again as well. So it might be more accurate to say Republicans aren't racist, but most Republican campaigns are so fucking shameless they wouldn't think twice stooping to racism to get to the finish line. Not much of a distinction, I admit.

So what you are saying is "Show me that those who don't know who Wilson is think that Obama is worse than Wilson." Good job crafting that absurd and illogical question.
No rational human would draw that ridiculous conclusion from what I wrote. If there was a logical connection between your view of Woodrow Wilson's job performance and the OP topic, we would have been spared your incoherent responses.

Last edited:
I'm not a US citizen, and never really delved into US politics too deeply. I assumed Obama was a decent guy, helped the US get on a good path out of recession, did some of the nasty work of getting out of Iraq, maybe the odd misstep here, I dunno...

But I didn't know that there was a certain demographic of people in the US that really, really hate him.

Is this just the usual Republicans trash Democrats, and Democrats trash Republicans? I remember people saying Bush wasn't very bright, but not the outragoeus conspiracy stuff about Obama. I did a bit of research that didn't yield much, other than maybe racism.

Is that it? Is it purely race? Is it only a small, but very crazy and vocal,
cross-section of alt-right "thinkers" (Including the president)?

Maybe it's just twitter. I'm astounded at the crazy stuff I see on there. Check out the replies to a John Podesta Tweet. Unfreakin'believable some people.

A large percentage of America is still very racist.

They are still emotionally wounded from having a non-white president.

They genuinely believe that Trump is a huge improvement, and that America is now more respected in the world because of Trump and the things that Trump has done.

When you look back at the things Obama did, that does not genuinely represent what America is as a nation.

When you look at Trump and the things that Trump has done, this is a fair an accurate representation of America. The toddler concentration camps and the first lady using a childish stunt to mock everyone who has a problem with toddler concentration camps? That is what America is. If it seemed otherwise, that's because we convinced most of the racist Americans to pretend to not be racist, but that is one of the things they resent so much. They are hurt and angry that they could not show you this true face of America for decades, and they are happy to finally be free to show the world what America is really like.

Political correctness is over! Everyone look at the real America!

Back
Top Bottom