• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Holy Crap - The Revolution is about to start

I can only imagine what is going to happen if Trump wins.

According to him there are "enemies within" and he will call the national guard or even the army...
Kamala shoved a videoklipp of this in her latest (yesterday) rally in Pennsylvania.
Yeah, but on the plus side, he will protect the women. Women: you will be safe, healthy, and happy. And you will not be thinking about abortion. Deal?

According to him there are "enemies within" and he will call the national guard or even the army...
Kamala shoved a videoklipp of this in her latest (yesterday) rally in Pennsylvania.
He will focus within to the benefit of a few and detriment of many.

For our allies in the Western Pacific, I think he'll follow advice regarding China without making any of it transactional. He hates China enough.

I hope, I pray he is at least smart enough not to politicize the military. Then again I doubt he can appreciate the need to keep politics out of the ranks of the military. I wonder what the climate, the morale aboard a navy ship is like today. Perhaps I don't want to know. Smaller ships of two to three hundred people have a stronger sense of team, family even. An aircraft carrier with two to three thousand people is cliquish in the best of times.

Europe will be on its own. A president Trump would at best ignore our European allies then get all bent out of shape when they do not march in lockstep regarding sanctions against China. It would be a failure of European leadership if they do not recognize it is time to turn away from the US. The first big warning sign was in our 2020 presidential election not being a landslide for Democrats. Now, after all we have witnessed of Trump, if this presidential race is as close as is being made out by the polling and political pundits (and part of me wants to believe at least part of it is a get out the vote scare tactic) and Trump is either elected or ordained, hopefully we'll see the EU strengthen its bonds within and show a greater commitment to their own security.

Another Trump presidency would be devastating for the US on the international stage. Trump hasn't the capacity to work on this level. Worse, I don't think he will even put people in place this time who can tend to international affairs for him. Trump? He'll be busy insulting our neighbors to the south.

The Democrats have cleaned up a lot of Republican messes but this will be too much.

TV and Credit cards wrote:
"I hope, I pray he is at least smart enough not to politicize the military."

The evangelical Christians do it already!
Watching this movie, I understood what Trump meant by saying, "You need only vote once and never after that..."
Trump is crazy - even if he only uses lunatics of all kinds!

Praying for Armageddon: Evangelicals, the US and the Middle East

1726007450697.png

Episode 1 of a doomsday political thriller about evangelical Christian influence on US foreign policy in the Middle East.
The first episode of Praying for Armageddon goes inside the evangelical Christian movement to explore its influence on US democracy and foreign policy.
Preparing for the “end times”, a grassroots pastor gathers an army of veterans in the heartland of the United States, and megachurch ministers provide spiritual advice to politicians in the nation’s capital.
https://www.aljazeera.com/program/w...eddon-evangelicals-the-us-and-the-middle-east

The second episode of Praying for Armageddon examines the dangerous consequences of the fusion between evangelical Christians and US politics. [And army]
https://www.aljazeera.com/program/w...eddon-how-evangelicals-affect-the-middle-east

The movie was shown on Finnish TV and it made headlines in the press!

there's also suppressive fire which isn't even expected to hit anything.
The returns from owning many guns diminish very rapidly. A person with one bolt action hunting rifle with a five round magazine, that is well maintained and that he is highly familiar with, is no less dangerous in a war than a gun fetishist with a dozen assault-style rifles, some with high capacity magazines, bump stocks, or even full auto capability.
Disagree. Sniper fire isn't the only thing that happens in war. In actuality soldiers will be trying to shoot while maintaining as much cover as possible which means their fire won't be that accurate. And there's also suppressive fire which isn't even expected to hit anything.

Having rougly the same number of guns as fighters is ideal for small unit engagements; For wider and larger scale wars, it's also better to have as few different ammunition types as possible, than it is to have a lot of subtly different weapon types available. Having the perfect rifle for a given engagement is not as important as having only one kind of ammunition (and one weapon per soldier) to lug around.
Again, you're not covering the whole spectrum. Snipers have very different expectations of their weapons. They generally have a heavier gun, heavier and more accurate ammo but less of it. Your regular troops want a round that is as light as possible to render their target incapable of further combat. They are unlikely to be engaging at long ranges, they don't need a highly accurate round.

The Gravy Seals are a threat to civil order, but not to the integrity of the nation, as long as the authorities and their political masters are ready and willing to stand against them. Without a supportive POTUS, or at the very least the support of a large fraction of the military, they are powerless unless order has temporarily been broken down by a natural disaster.
The question is how much of the military and law enforcement support them.
Damn, Loren, you’re talking about these gravy seals as if they are a well disciplined corps of 22 year old seasoned fighters on their fourth deployment to a hot zone.
They’re NOT. They are a bunch of cowards whose greatest fighting ability is to look really scary by dressing themselves up bristling with guns they can’t even carry up a flight of stairs.

Give me ONE actual 4x spec ops veteran of hot zones with a fucking .22 handgun and a knife, and he will take out a few dozen of them before they even know they’re under threat. I don’t think Trump even knows those guys exist.

Yeah, but on the plus side, he will protect the women. Women: you will be safe, healthy, and happy. And you will not be thinking about abortion. Deal?
Reminds me of this from Flash Gordon:

IMG_1716.jpeg

They can hunt down us liberals and get a pardon from the orange Jesus. They could be very dangerous.
I'm sure that statements like this couldn't possibly antagonize anything, nor could it ever be a concern that it might incite violence.
Gee, let’s not talk about the guy who antagonizes everyone, with the actual apparent and demonstrated outcome and stated intent to incite violence, hunt down and execute his political enemies, silence his critics … AND IS SEEKING THE ABILITY TO DO SO WITH IMPUNITY …
Yeah sure Emily. Talking about THAT might be inflammatory!!
Here's the deal - Trump says inflammatory things, absolutely.

Harris and Democratic politicians don't need to say inflammatory things - they've got all of their slavering lapdogs ready and willing to say inflammatory things on their behalf. At best, it provides some degree of plausible deniability to them. I'm happy you're so happy holding the torches so your dear leaders don't have to get their hands dirty with the pitch.

They can hunt down us liberals and get a pardon from the orange Jesus. They could be very dangerous.
I'm sure that statements like this couldn't possibly antagonize anything, nor could it ever be a concern that it might incite violence.
Gee, let’s not talk about the guy who antagonizes everyone, with the actual apparent and demonstrated outcome and stated intent to incite violence, hunt down and execute his political enemies, silence his critics … AND IS SEEKING THE ABILITY TO DO SO WITH IMPUNITY …
And if that cocksucker does get elected, which is looking very likely, I will still stand up him in any way I can.
What ways would that be? How far are you willing to go to protect us all from this existential threat?

And if that cocksucker does get elected, which is looking very likely, I will still stand up him in any way I can.
+1.
I’m too old to give a ff about repercussions. It’s kind of like being 19 and immortal again.
It rather sounds like you're ready and willing to do violence to get your way. What exactly is your limit, given that you don't care about repercussions?

It rather sounds like you're ready and willing to do violence to get your way.
I will stand up to violence to preserve democracy, if that is what you mean. If not, what are you trying to impute?
The limit is my limit. I am only one person, of moderate capability and minimal influence. If I am a worry to you, and the pending election of a megalomaniacal treasonous apricot is not, that says volumes about you.

Last edited:
What ways would that be? How far are you willing to go to protect us all from this existential threat?
All the way. I am a civil rights lawyer. But I am also a combat veteran. I will defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Slavering lapdogs. Hah. Being prepared to resist violence from people like the FEMA hunters in North Carolina is just as inciting as actual inciting. Got it.

I will stand up to violence to preserve democracy, if that is what you mean. If not, what are you trying to impute?
The limit is my limit. I am only one person, of moderate capability and minimal influence. If I am a worry to you, and the pending election of a megalomaniacal treasonous apricot is not, that says volumes about you.
Your rhetoric, as well as that of several other people here and throughout social media, is rhetoric that lays the foundation for violence. Every bit of the "existential threat to democracy" narrative is crafted to justify violence against fellow citizens. It provides the basis for demonizing half the country as being evil traitors that cannot be tolerated. You are actively involved in the vilification of half the nation, and you are helping to push a belief that will rationalize civil unrest.

Don't get me wrong - a portion of people on the other side do the same thing with different topics.

But don't delude yourself - and not just you, by the way, but several posters here - that you're complicit in amplifying a message that will lead to violence.

Your rhetoric, as well as that of several other people here and throughout social media, is rhetoric that lays the foundation for violence. Every bit of the "existential threat to democracy" narrative is crafted to justify violence against fellow citizens. It provides the basis for demonizing half the country as being evil traitors that cannot be tolerated. You are actively involved in the vilification of half the nation, and you are helping to push a belief that will rationalize civil unrest.

Don't get me wrong - a portion of people on the other side do the same thing with different topics.

But don't delude yourself - and not just you, by the way, but several posters here - that you're complicit in amplifying a message that will lead to violence.
Given Trump promotes violence with about every third utterance and had an observable record of doing so, your “its the anti-trumpers who are the real problem” is ignorant hysteria.

Back
Top Bottom