• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

It is becoming a farce, a made for TV movie.

Putin says the west and America are out to get Russia and destroy it, but says western investment can't withdraw and workers can not leave. Please stay, we really need you to make our economy work.

This is all showing Putin is incompetent, Trump as a comparison. He is representative of Russian leaders going back to the revolution. It woud be interesting to see the CIA psychological profile.

Whatever the problems western politics has, leadership does change with what the public wants through a democratic process.

You did see the day Rep. Gaetz demanded a general be kicked oit of the military for having read up on CRT, right? Put people like that in charge, you get military types that believe the books they are allowed to read.
I bet President Zelenskyy has read that damn CRT book. You know, Maus?

How can anyone rise to a position of military authority today, seven decades later, without being aware of this?
Errr... "Shock and Awe", much? The US invasion of Baghdad was similar to this action in many respects: an air-supported military convoy of extraordinary size, accompanied by shellling campaigns that "accidentally" leveled a disturbing number of seemingly civilian and press targets. 6,600 civilian deaths in one month. And of course it didn't work, and of course we eventually lost that war. As will Putin, eventually. But, military doctrine is customarily, not sporadically, regressive.

My theory: they heard noises and thought it was the n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nazis coming to get them! *gulp*

But in fact it was just the groundskeeper wearing a fake Hitler moustache.

img-1184.jpg

The real thing is Putin needs to GET GOOD.
20-30% of ukrainians don't agree. Think about that.
Do you think such Country is sustainable?
Link?
Seriously? You did not see that data before the war?
So now it's "before the war" and not during? US opinion against joining WW2 was also around 30% just prior to Pearl Harbor.
Yes, your propaganda denied even that. They were/are creating a picture where 99% of ukrainains are patriots hell bent on singing ukrainian songs and all that, the rest is just russian shenanigans with tiny amount of puppets and large amount of evil russian soldiers with guns who patrtol streets of occupied Chrimea, etc.

No, I don't have a current data, all I have is a journalist who is kinda OK with Russia moving in and not OK with people dying. I expected him to be much less OK. Of course people in Lugansk/Donetsk are very glad that Russia finally decided to end this war, but then again, you don't know anything about them. to you they don't exist.
Only these nazi (which are not nazi according to you) exist to you. You send your CNN journalists and interview them and they tell you their stories how Russia have been at war with them for thousands of years.
Irony here of course, they were in freaking Poland. Russia has nothing to do with these "ukrainains".
I mean Bandera was not even ukrainian. Well, he was, but from Poland. Damn Stalin, should have returned Western Ukraine to Poland.
Russia got this fascist crap when they got that western Ukraine from Poland.
And Ukrainians which were historically in Russian part often don't even consider them ukrainians. They consider them poles, espeacially when they get tired of their nationalist crap and decide to insult their way out of it.

I mean CNN goes on to talk about church in Lviv, and says it's cathollic church.
Give me a break, and read about how Catholicism came about in Ukraine.

Not that I care about orthodox church, but please do what I suggested.
This is a deeply divided not a country. Even during USSR, you were better learn to speak proper ukrainian before going to Lviv because there was a chance that you get surprise test in the street and if you fail they would beat you up.

Ukraine is a deeply divided country in which West took one side and gave them power in order to terrorize the rest in order to cause problems in Russia.
I have no doubt that it was a plan.

Last edited:
I'm seeing reports of Russian soldiers knocking on doors of Ukrainian homes asking for food.

I'm seeing reports of Russian soldiers knocking on doors of Ukrainian homes asking for food.
Hopefully the locals will provide it on condition that they desert.
Maybe it's just me but if someone is desperate enough to knock on my door to ask for food I'm going to give it to them.

Maybe it's just me but if someone is desperate enough to knock on my door to ask for food I'm going to give it to them.
Not if they bombed my grocery. But i will get them to someplace thery can surrender. Or they can sit inside, in the warm, while i make a phone call.

I mean Bandera was not even ukrainian. Well, he was, but from Poland. Damn Stalin, should have returned Western Ukraine to Poland.
It was hard fro Stalin to return western Ukraine to Poland when he kept Eastern Poland after the end of WW2.

It was hard fro Stalin to return western Ukraine to Poland when he kept Eastern Poland after the end of WW2.
Yes it was hard, but had he done so it would have been Poland's problem now.
In fact he should have left the whole damn Eastern Europe. But it was even harder because all that anti-german resistance was communist based. People with guns there were all Polish, Czechoslovak, etc communists.
He could not say "Thank you guys, now give me your guns and lets have fair and free elections in which capitalists are probably going to win, or you going to win, who knows, I have no idea"
That would be ridiculous thing to do. These communists took power and kept it.

I served in the russian army just before the USSR dissolution.
It was a zoo of different nationalities. It was for a reason of course, you can't have segregation, it would be a receipt for a disaster. We had latvians, georgians, uzbek, dagestanians. azerbabajanian, armenian, ukrainians, hungarians from Western Ukraine, moldovans and of course russians.

Central Asians some did not speak russian at all. Western ukrainians spoke perfect russian (go figure), except for one hungarian who spoke what he claimed was russian but nobody could really understand him it was a salad of words of different languages spoken extremely fast.
One guy from western Ukraine was clearly retarded, he was never allowed to be near any guns. He was harmless but retarded.
Who decided he was fit, I have no idea. But he served 2 years doing mostly physical work.
Latvians were fine but I only served 6 months with them, after that they went to other place.

Last edited:
Finally you admit that Zelensky is not a nazi.
I never said he was. There is nothing to admit.
It's like saying Trump is a trumper.
There is a difference between Trump and his supporters, in fact, they really have nothing in common.
Same is here, Zele was elected promising to end war in Eastern Ukraine. When he tried to do so, nazis said "nope, you are not doing that" and he complied because alternative was another maidan.

You could ask them nicely to leave their guns in the back room.
Food for guns sounds like a fair swap...

Back
Top Bottom