• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I don't count mistakes made by russians as ukrainian success,
Then technically, because it was Russia's mistake to start the war in the first place, every casualty you suffer is your own fault.

If Putin hadn't made the mistake of invading, Russia would have had zero casualties in the war, there wouldn't have been a "self-inflicted fire" in the Moskva and it would still be sailing merrily in the Black Sear, and you would never have been forced to withdraw from Kharkiv or Kherson (by virtue of never occupying them in the first place).
US started this war, and they are, so far, losing it.

Last edited:
Him being in Italy wasn't really the important part.
It was to you, cause you decided to question it.

Him switching sides and allegedly starting to become friends with Russia was.
Then go and find it. I am not chasing every anti-russia giovernment ctitters turning "pro-russia" once they leave the office, there are just too many of them.
Sinking Russia's flagship Moskva.
Kicking Russians out of Snake Island.
Kicking Russian occupiers out of (most of) Kharkiv region.
Kicking Russian occupiers out of right bank of Dnipro river.

Again, Ukraine has nothing to do with Moskva. It was a fire.

The rest, are you fucking kidding me? Seriusly?
100-200K of ukrainian soldiers are dead. Russian losses are 16K. That's from your media estimates.
And you are talking about Snake Island?

Last edited:
Here's the original video, but no subtitles so I can't confirm it either way. Maybe you can.
I have not watched whole youtube interview.
But it seems original video DOES NOT HAVE Arestovich saying what twitter video have him saying.
Basically. looks like someone took old video and put new audio on it. Audio itself is legit, is definitely Arestovich.
Video and audio are clearly out of sync on twitter video.

Who did that, I don't know (could be western propaganda mudding the water). But as far as I can tell, audio is legit.
I am pretty good at reading audio.

Why are you so interested in this anyway? I posted it as curiosity among sea of curiousity.
I did notice you (unlike other usual suspects here) is very sensitive to dissent among your gang and always try to rationalize it away.
It happened with Saakasvili's right hand and it is happening now. You need to learn from your american partners, just ignore inconvenient facts :)

Arestovich has a tendency to both lie confidently and blurt the truth. He does that all the time.

Last edited:
And the RAF and USAAF had nothing to do with the destruction of Hamburg in July 1943. It too was a fire. :rolleyesa:
Look, I saw the pictures (no, they were not edited). There is no sign of rocket hit.
And even if it was actually Ukraine/NATO responsible, so fucking what?

You guys had 9-11, you suck, you couldn't prevent what could have easily been prevented. You suck!

And the RAF and USAAF had nothing to do with the destruction of Hamburg in July 1943. It too was a fire. :rolleyesa:
Look, I saw the pictures (no, they were not edited). There is no sign of rocket hit.
And even if it was actually Ukraine/NATO responsible, so fucking what?
So the vaunted Russian Navy is a paper tiger, Whose flagship of the Black Sea Fleet sinks at the first sign of trouble - perhaps even without encountering any enemy at all.

Doesn't that strike you as seriously embarrassing?

When Argentina destroyed the HMS Sheffield, the Royal Navy were seriously embarrassed, and held enquiries that led to radical changes in both air defence and damage control procedures.

The Russians have responded to a similar embarrassment by claiming that their procedures are so shit that the ship sank without being engaged by the enemy.

Why they think that that's less embarrassing than being sunk by Ukrainian action, you would have to ask them - but here's the thing: It's a major embarrassment for any nation who wants their military to be taken seriously, regardless of how it occurred.
You guys had 9-11, you suck, you couldn't prevent what could have easily been prevented. You suck!
I'm pretty sure 9-11 didn't happen anywhere near here. And that the ADF, ASIO, and/or AFP couldn't have done jack shit to prevent it.

I am not only not an American; I don't even live in a NATO country. Indeed, my country is about as far from the North Atlantic as you can get, without leaving the planet.

So the vaunted Russian Navy is a paper tiger
Well, basically yes, Certainly Black Sea one. Everybody knows that in Russia.
Black Sea itself is an overstatement, as far as navy concerned it's a lake.
And Surface Navy in general are all nothing but target practice, all of them, including american.
You in Australia should know that, you just spent shitload of money on subs.

When Argentina destroyed the HMS Sheffield, the Royal Navy were seriously embarrassed,
These are british, they are easily embarrassed. But yeah, even back then surface ships were target practice.
Now only african countries are truly impressed by them.

Doesn't that strike you as seriously embarrassing?
It really does not. And again, it was internally started fire. I am a little embarrassed by that. But that was an old ship with crew at the time was not well trained one. Fires on ships are quite regular in all Navies. And Black Sea is really a large lake.
Russia have been neglecting surface ship navy since the end of USSR.

Moskva was hit by two Ukrainian drones. Since the Moskva's radar interfered with its radio signals, that radar was turned off. There were few fire estinguishers available since they had all been stolen by Russians sailers to be sold at ports for drinking money. Many of Moskva's weapon systems were broken and not operational.

I recently read a comment from an ex-US naval officer that American ships operating in the Black Sea in years past were shadowed by Russian Follower war ships. Since WW2, almost all modern US ship domat least 30 knots. The Russian Followers could not. And sometimes broke down all together. Moskva's sad condition was no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom