• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I can be in contact with my Russian friends when ever I like.
And?

Until 2014 my family was Russian.
That does not compute
But it is true that you do not get any information from the Russian media that is not state-propaganda.
That's patently false. Internet based media is not state-propaganda. They do have to obey anti-fake laws, but other than that they can post whatever they want. I would even say they are effectively free. And I don't watch russian TV at all.

Typically the Russians does not get any other information as they does not speak any foreign languages.
Americans don't get alternative information even when it is in english. And MSM are absolutely state propaganda in the west. So what is your point?
barbos!
You do not know what you are talking about, But it is not my work to teach you.

Ukraine's economy is having labor problem. Men are hiding from the draft.
Also Regime in Kiev arrests men's bank accounts.
That means men can't work in industry and at best work unofficially at odd jobs for cash.
Regime in Kiev suggested to employers to pay Elensky's Regime hefty monthly tax in order to protect their workers from kidnapping by his goons.

barbos!
What do you think about the propaganda that is presented in Russian national TV?

barbos!
What do you think about the propaganda that is presented in Russian national TV?

A physcist I knew said he thought the Russians at the time hadd theest physics in the world, kids with aptitude in math and sctence were put into satee programs.
what is "theest" ?
Yes, I finished one of these schools.
Yes, and you typify the Soviet politically indoctrinated rigid cold war Russian we all came to love.

Russia no longer uses tubes? Took them long enough.

Despite good science Soviet Russia never developed an economy. The same under Putin. China leaped ahead, why? Because their culture has a history of innovation and invention. Industrious people. While they are our adversary I can appreciate what China accomplished.

When I worked at an avionics company I took products through EM emissions and susceptibility testing. Equipment got irradiated with EM levels hazardous to humans.

As a physics PHD how does electromagnetic shielding work? Pop quiz.....no cheating by using the Internet.

And yes, we are a democracy. Voters in a free election will select Trump or Harris.

Unlike Russia Biden as a siting president can not disqualify Trump as a candidate because Trump is opposite him.

And yes we are a democracy. Voters will select Trump or Harris in a free election. Unlike Russia and Putin Biden as a sitting president can not prevent Trump from running.

Last edited:
In the news Russian media has called the Olympics evil.

Yes, and you typify the Soviet politically indoctrinated rigid cold war Russian we all came to love.
You keep repeating this nonsense without any shred of evidence.
Russia no longer uses tubes? Took them long enough.
Your point?

And yes, we are a democracy. Voters in a free election will select Trump or Harris.
Who both will be figurehead for actual government of oligarchs.
Unlike Russia Biden as a siting president can not disqualify Trump as a candidate because Trump is opposite him.
Biden can't really do anything which go against your donors oligarch class

Last edited:
Of course we have propaganda, what else is new Barbos?

No TV? Then you probably don't care that Papa Vladimir angry over being banned form the Olympics does not allow Russians to watch it. There was some good competitions this time.

Barbos, all I can go by is what you post. You praise Putin and insist he is a competent leader. You post revisionist Russian history.

Maybe you are a Russian provocateur making feeble attempts at sewing discord on America social media. Microsoft security analysts say Russia has been promoting disinformation to discredit the Olympics.

Maybe you are just an old Soviet Russian with a exaggerated sense of self importance and what the Soviet Union was. Like Putin.

And how daes this picture refute my claim?
Pretty much every country in the world that would be in a position to help Ukraine is doing so. Nobody is helping Russia (I do not consider simply being willing to sell weapons to be helping.)

That makes it very clear where the world stands.

I think the Russians lagged in technology because of the political ideology and collectivism. It supressed individual initiative. That and the anti west posture made any cooperative collaboration impossible.
And mass peer-to-peer communications. A very big driver of the west--but also a big problem for maintaining state control.

I live in eastern Europe (Bulgaria). That means that when I begin to write in the morning, you there in USA are probably asleep.
Except our friend barbos. Sometimes he begins to write even one hour before me! Russia is one hour before Bulgarian time.
I have to ask barbos: Are you working in St Petersburg?
You know by heart all the propaganda that Putin tells and what his hang-around guys tries to lie to the Russian people.

And what happened yesterday and today, 4th and 5th of August - Barbos will tell you that it is only nazi-propaganda or how?

Read also what I wrote earlier today about the troll factory in St Petersburg. (Page 826)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom