• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

How to get more knowledge about the war, security issues and so on?
I think that many of us thinks that "This is not really concerning me, but I want to know..."
And those that live nearer the threats of Russia think: "I need to know as much as possible - I need to be prepared - for my family, for our community, country..."

As a matter of fact, I write a lot about this, in different languages - that's just me. :)

So, whatever it is: When you cook or wash dishes, you can listen to high-quality "In-depth" interviews and reports about Ukraine. For example, from "The Telegraph" here or "Times Radio" here.

My perspective highlights the potential impact of severely wounding, rather than killing, enemy soldiers. When a soldier dies, their story may end with a brief memorial in their hometown, but if they survive with serious injuries, the consequences can extend much further:

• Immediate Impact: Saving a severely wounded soldier from the battlefield requires significant resources, tying up other soldiers and potentially overwhelming medical facilities.
  • Long-term Impact: Once back in their hometown, a wounded soldier becomes a living testament to the horrors of war. He will share his experiences extensively, influencing those around him — both directly and indirectly — by painting a stark contrast to the official narratives often seen on TV.
  • He spends what little money he has on alcohol and shares his experiences with everyone at the dive bar: stories about the Russian army, the officers, the trenches, and everything he's been through.
Over time, as more wounded soldiers return and share similar stories, the disconnect between the government's portrayal of the war and the harsh realities experienced by soldiers will lead to a gradual shift in public opinion. Conversations in private, or "kitchen talk," begins to reflect this growing disillusionment, leading to a broader change in societal attitudes and potentially even an increase in desertions and in the end even resistance to the war.

Russian officials know this all and therefore as few as possible are sent home:

Injured Russian sent back to frontline in 'maimed' army

Think if your country would do the same - what would the morale of the soldiers be?

My perspective highlights the potential impact of severely wounding, rather than killing, enemy soldiers. When a soldier dies, their story may end with a brief memorial in their hometown, but if they survive with serious injuries, the consequences can extend much further:

• Immediate Impact: Saving a severely wounded soldier from the battlefield requires significant resources, tying up other soldiers and potentially overwhelming medical facilities.
  • Long-term Impact: Once back in their hometown, a wounded soldier becomes a living testament to the horrors of war. He will share his experiences extensively, influencing those around him — both directly and indirectly — by painting a stark contrast to the official narratives often seen on TV.
  • He spends what little money he has on alcohol and shares his experiences with everyone at the dive bar: stories about the Russian army, the officers, the trenches, and everything he's been through.
Over time, as more wounded soldiers return and share similar stories, the disconnect between the government's portrayal of the war and the harsh realities experienced by soldiers will lead to a gradual shift in public opinion. Conversations in private, or "kitchen talk," begins to reflect this growing disillusionment, leading to a broader change in societal attitudes and potentially even an increase in desertions and in the end even resistance to the war.

Russian officials know this all and therefore as few as possible are sent home:

Injured Russian sent back to frontline in 'maimed' army

Think if your country would do the same - what would the morale of the soldiers be?

The morale...:

Russian soldiers abandon wounded comrade and rob him…before being hit in Ukraine​

Russian soldiers abandon wounded comrade and rob him…before being hit in Ukraine.in drone footage that lays bare the grim conditions in Putin’s army. Video taken by Ukraine’s 47th brigade which is defending the city shows two of Putin’s men dragging an injured comrade out of battle. But they stop halfway, drop him, steal his coat and leave him for dead.
As they rest on a nearby tree, a suicide drone hits and kills one of them. The other flees the scene, leaving behind the coat he attempted to steal.

Deutsche Welle (in English):

How close is Ukraine to building its own long-range missiles?​

Ukraine has asked for help from its European neighbours following massive Russian airstrikes. In Kyiv, these residents sheltered in a subway as a series of explosions sounded in the capital.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the missile and drone bombardment was one of the largest of the war. The airstrikes hit energy facilities in some regions, disrupting power and water supplies.

Chapters:
00:00 Russia's latest drone strikes on Kyiv
00:25 DW Correspondent Nick Connolly reports on Russia's latest drone strikes on Kyiv
03:11 Report on Ukraine's efforts to produce long-range missiles
06:11 Interview with Alexander Kamyshin, Ukrainian Minister of Strategic Industries
11:58 Frank Ledwidge, senior lecturer in strategic studies at Portsmouth University, and a former UK military intelligence officer.

If you want to know for sure ask a local newspaper or radio station or TV station to give you pres credentials and go to the front.

Aug 25 (Reuters) - Ryan Evans, a member of the Reuters team covering the war in Ukraine, was killed and two Reuters journalists were injured in a strike on a hotel in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kramatorsk, the news agency said on Sunday.
Evans, who was working as a safety adviser for the agency, was killed after a missile struck the Hotel Sapphire where he was staying as part of a six-person team on Saturday, Reuters said in a statement.

1724709792117.png

Naturally the soldiers have been told to be polite etc. to the Russian civilians in Kursk:
- That means that the locals will understand that the TV-propaganda is BS.
- And those citizens will tell their relatives and friends inside Russia about everything.

1724711535464.png

And this above is what the Russians tell (truthfully) the Russian civilians.
How do you think that the Russians feel about this contrast?

Interesting article regarding the potential for Putin’s downfall. Many in Russia are desperate; the economy may be growing, but it isn’t serving people’s needs. In Donetsk and Luhansk, people are sick of the war and revolt is a serious potential. The army can only take so much crap from incompetent and corrupt leaders. The rank and file could turn on their leaders.

Still, we’ve seen articles like this before, so I remain skeptical that anything will actually happen. But it does point to a basic strategy for Ukraine. Kill as many Russians as they can. Delay every advance Russia makes. The longer they hold out, the more likely Russians will tire of this. Surprise attacks are great. But they need to strike deeply into Russia. Disrupt their supply chains.
What part of "western media are complete liars" you do not understand?
Everything they say is utter garbage lies.
They often simply reverse things. In this case it is obviously Ukraine which is having all these troubles.
They even admitted lying! for the good cause of course.
Here is an origin of that garbage - a single guy (miner trade union official) from DNR talking to a blogger:

Well, yeah, there is a war in Donbass.

Last edited:
Maybe... and then in 5 years... when Russia invades again?
You sound as if Russia had no reason to "invade".
Does not matter, Ukrainians agreed to the offer and then You came and told them you did not have a nazi coup in 2014 for nothing and ordered Elensky to fight.
WTF are you talking about? What stupidity is this? You have been challenged countless times to show anyway in which the Ukranian government has behaved in any way like the German Nazi government and the best you come back with is... a street

I was not talking about Ukrainian government, I was talking about differences in cultural attitudes among ukrainians and russians. having said that, ukrainian government are certainly nazis. But again I was talking about general population.
You people don't learn anything, you blindly believe every lie your media tells you.
Occasional fuckups like WW2 ukro-nazi clapping in Canakistan Parliament and nazi insignia on pretty much every ukro-soldier your media interviewed does not teach you anything.

Last edited:
So, long awaited retaliation for nazi helmets invasion into Kursk Oblast has now happened.
And according to Zelehitler himself it has been the largest strike so far. And I could be wrong but nazi-propaganda did not even bother to report the usual 99% success rate in intercepting everything. Could be that Nazi Air Defence has finally been eliminated. And F-16s are not ready for the role. I suspect they can't find idiots in the west who would fly them, despite Lindsey Graham promises.

- Did you know, that the military industry in India has grown 31 times in the last 10 years?
- Did you know that 50% of the export of the Indian military industry is exported to USA?
- Do you want to know the real reason for Modi to visit Ukraine?
It was not peace - almost the opposite.

Here - It takes 15 minutes:

In the future, we will see private military companies consisting of 17- to 20-year-old 'girls and boys.' And they will earn more than their parents combined—more than the parents have ever earned. They will work far behind enemy lines or even in another country, as the next generation of drones won’t need any signals, though of course, it will require tech geeks to ensure everything goes smoothly and according to their moral beliefs (whatever that might be).

The video provides some historical context and then moves on to discuss the latest trends. And these are already quite frightening.

Start training your kids on drones now.
If you don’t want them to become soldiers, they could join the future, significantly less paid 'Police Drone Counter-Terrorism Unit'—it will certainly be established in the future.
I don’t want to give any ideas, but all the necessary information is already available online: If a few 15-year-olds want to blow their school to smithereens with drones... - they will need a few thousand dollars in addition to the knowledge. That shouldn’t be a problem.

Make sure your children and grandchildren will become 'White hats', not 'Black hats'.

Video 23 minutes:

At this point your best defense is to claim diminished mental capacity.
That's your best defence. You certainly make an effort to look stupid.
Putin's war is a colossal failure.

Ukraine has crossed into Russia and Russian bases have been attacked.

Sooner or later more Russians are gong to question Putin and the war openly.

You appear to be completely isolated from what is going on in the world. As to Durov, yes rule of law.

In Europe and the USA the question of who is responsible for content on social media platforms has been debated for several years. Over here platform CEOs have testified before congress.
Europe has made specific laws on policing content.

Anything is possible but I serially doubt the EU members would maliciously prosecute Durov as would be the case in Russia. He will have his own lawyers and have his day in an open transparent court.

In the west sex trafficking, money laundering, and drug transactions are a serious issue with social media.

Glaring irony and hypocrisy. Russia and China claim their right to freedom of speech over here is violated when their social platforms are scrutinized and limited, yet routinely censor social media in their countries.

Unlike Russia in France and the USA there will be no government summary judgement. Telegraph and Tick Tock will make their case in open transparent courts as provided by western rights and rule of law.

So, long awaited retaliation for nazi helmets invasion into Kursk Oblast has now happened.
And according to Zelehitler himself it has been the largest strike so far. And I could be wrong but nazi-propaganda did not even bother to report the usual 99% success rate in intercepting everything. Could be that Nazi Air Defence has finally been eliminated. And F-16s are not ready for the role. I suspect they can't find idiots in the west who would fly them, despite Lindsey Graham promises.
Keep telling yourself this shit. I know the authorities are watching your posts. I won’t let them know of the secret codes in them. ;)

Keep telling yourself this shit. I know the authorities are watching your posts. I won’t let them know of the secret codes in them.
Lulz! Is he giving you “hand signals”?
I wouldn’t be surprised.
Poor guy.

After watching a few of those videos the Russian Hitler's method is to not return wounded men back to Russia. This is why he sends these men into battle when they clearly need to recover and need care. A few boxes with dead heroes is one thing to patriotically gush over but hospitals with wounded conscripts that talk about their experiences is very dangerous. It's also why he leaves them on the battlefield to rot and doesn't recover bodies.

You gotta give Adolph Putin credit where credit is due. He knows what he needs to do to keep his neck out of the noose. Considering the state of the Russian population in terms of getting information there will need to be a few million dead soldiers before anything of significance happens on the Ruski home front.

Back
Top Bottom