• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

1725292592546.png

The same strike - There are also video footage of the strike, the aftermath.
Guess which one was truthful?

Some two days before Russians claimed that a whole column of Ukrainian Army vehicles was struck and among everything else
90 soldiers were killed.
The fact was that civilian lorries with grain were hit and one driver died, several wounded.

As recently as the early 2000s, there were stores in Russia that used abacuses instead of calculators. Should the report writers consider going back to using abacuses?

Remember this:

"...which is that Russia's one of Russia's greatest invisible weapons that the West just does not understand that can be used as a weapon is division.
Russia is paying anybody, any organisation, any union in the west or individual in the west, who agrees to divide the West.
These people or organisations don't need to have anything in common with Russia they don't need to be pro-Russia they just need to create division and conflict in the west."

I published this a few days ago.
They create Conflict and Division in the west by the protests they divide the society and a society divided is weak so that's what they do.
They get paid for every comment they get, and also for any kind of 'smilies'.
Let's call it a weapon and let's defend ourselves against it.

United We Stand Strong!

1725295474424.png

This video clip was shared today and it shows a new drone deployed by Ukraine. This is a large attack drone that drops fermite. Here we can see it's spraying a Russian occupied tree line and setting it on fire. This is the first time we've seen this type of drone used.

Remember this:

"...which is that Russia's one of Russia's greatest invisible weapons that the West just does not understand that can be used as a weapon is division.
Russia is paying anybody, any organisation, any union in the west or individual in the west, who agrees to divide the West.
These people or organisations don't need to have anything in common with Russia they don't need to be pro-Russia they just need to create division and conflict in the west."

They create Conflict and Division in the west by the protests they divide the society and a society divided is weak so that's what they do.

United We Stand Strong!

Agreed. The only good thing that has come out of this war is that it's strengthen Nato's defense. It's been a disaster for our economies (and the environment, Ukranian lives, and etc and etc); but it's brought us together. If people want to live in a democracy, they need to come together and ally against the dictatorships. Democracies rarely start new wars (The US has started a couple btw) and they very very rarely attack each other.

Remember this:

United We Stand Strong!

Agreed. The only good thing that has come out of this war is that it's strengthen Nato's defense. It's been a disaster for our economies (and the environment, Ukranian lives, and etc and etc); but it's brought us together. If people want to live in a democracy, they need to come together and ally against the dictatorships. Democracies rarely start new wars (The US has started a couple btw) and they very very rarely attack each other.

Right you are!
And we all know who are those who tries to get more power by spreading discord and all kind of conspiracy theories - even if they are not get payed.

I know one guy who was a chauffeur for a firetruck
Point of information: In English, "chauffeur" is a very specific kind of "driver" - one who drives luxury passenger vehicles for wealthy people who don't want to drive themselves.

A person operating a firetruck would just be called a "driver"; "Chauffeur" sounds weird in this context.

Point of information: In English, "chauffeur" is a very specific kind of "driver" - one who drives luxury passenger vehicles for wealthy people who don't want to drive themselves.

A person operating a firetruck would just be called a "driver"; "Chauffeur" sounds weird in this context.
Aaah, the beauty and joy of diversity.
I was enjoying my mental image of tuxedoed men opening doors for the firefighters and handing them champaigne after the fire.

I mean, when you think about it, there really SHOULD be chauffeurs for fire trucks.

I was enjoying my mental image of tuxedoed men opening doors for the firefighters and handing them champaigne after the fire.

I mean, when you think about it, there really SHOULD be chauffeurs for fire trucks.
Well, considering the people who are firemen, a cold beer would be more appropriate.

Well, considering the people who are firemen, a cold beer would be more appropriate.
Considering that one has just been fighting an actual fire, a cold beer would seem very appropriate.

They could specify which class of fire they'd like to attend. Personally, I prefer a nice class alpha. Class bravos can be so messy.

In other news, US refuses to authorise "deep" strikes into Russian territory.
I suspect they realize that militarily that would be hopeless and will only make Russia free to escalate more.
EU countries are also getting out of this fiasco. Italy for sure. Even Poland is getting to their senses.
You are losing and losing badly.
China does not support democracy, and China is only concerned with China. Not exactly a secret.

India's leader is thinking about the economic relations with Russia.

Barbos, aka Boris Badenov secret Russian agent.

View attachment 47556
Natasha: Moose and squirrel now control the Kursk region. Fearless leader will not be pleased.
Boris: No worries, we just change map of nation so that border no longer includes Kursk region, we never lost a thing.
Natasha: Won't people notice?
Boris: Russians believe what they are told to believe.
That's utterly retarded. In Ukraine itself they publicly question wisdom of "Kursk" Invasion (fiasco at this point)
Your own freaking Pentagon has distanced themselves from it. Freaking Syrsky admitted that the goal of the Kursk operation was not achieved at all. Even Elensky got mad when he was asked about it on a press conference. And yet, some Jimmy believes it was the best thing ever happened in this War.
Again your Soviet/Russian follow the leader group think conditioning.

In the west people can and do question government and policy. When enough people disagree different politicians get elected.

In Russia you are stuck with Putin until he dies or gets forced out. To be replaced by another dictator.

The problem with bilingual dictionaries is that they give you synonyms for words that aren't synonyms in every context. Machine translation programs ran into this problem a long time ago and produced some hilarious translations of foreign texts. The more modern sophisticated programs are trained up on associating words with other words in the text that help resolve such ambiguities, but they still make some errors. For example, Russian шофёр [sho-FYOR] means "driver" or "chauffeur" and "chauffage" is French for 'heating'. So there is a path whereby a poorly trained AI-based machine translation might prefer to think of drivers of firetrucks as "chauffeurs".

The problem with bilingual dictionaries is that they give you synonyms for words that aren't synonyms in every context. Machine translation programs ran into this problem a long time ago and produced some hilarious translations of foreign texts. The more modern sophisticated programs are trained up on associating words with other words in the text that help resolve such ambiguities, but they still make some errors. For example, Russian шофёр [sho-FYOR] means "driver" or "chauffeur" and "chauffage" is French for 'heating'. So there is a path whereby a poorly trained AI-based machine translation might prefer to think of drivers of firetrucks as "chauffeurs".
As a matter of fact, my mother tongue is Swedish and in Swedish the word is 'chaufför'.
On the other hand, I am always a little bit confused with languages. It depends always on which language(s) I have studied a subject. I haven't been writing in English for ten years, so I should read a dozen of books and everything would be fine again - almost fine. ;)

As a matter of fact, my mother tongue is Swedish and in Swedish the word is 'chaufför'.
On the other hand, I am always a little bit confused with languages. It depends always on which language(s) I have studied a subject. I haven't been writing in English for ten years, so I should read a dozen of books and everything would be fine again - almost fine. ;)

Do you author texts in Swedish and then pass them through a translation program before editing? Just curious whether you are writing in English without machine assistance. I myself can read some Swedish, but I would only try to write in Swedish after using a translator. And then I would still miss a lot of errors, because I wouldn't know Swedish well enough to catch them.

Do you author texts in Swedish and then pass them through a translation program before editing? Just curious whether you are writing in English without machine assistance. I myself can read some Swedish, but I would only try to write in Swedish after using a translator. And then I would still miss a lot of errors, because I wouldn't know Swedish well enough to catch them.

It depends on the subject. Here in IIDB it goes like this:
- I write 90% directly in English and a program corrects/tries to correct me when I write something wrong.
- I write about 10 % in Finnish, if the subject is very complicated or I am very tired - and then I use ChatGTP.

- When I write short stories or such (not IIDB-stuff) I usually use Finnish, sometimes Swedish and sometimes English. This is because if I write some story for a publicum in a certain language, then I have to write in that language. This is because the culture etc. is so different eg. between Finnish and English, that I can't get the same feeling into the text if I begin to translate it later with AI or try to translate it by myself.
As an example; I have a court case that I should write about and all documents are in Finnish, so naturally I write all about it in Finnish.
I have a "fairy tale for children and adults" that I will try to expand and what not. That book I will try to make with the help of AI. And the best "AI-language" is English. I do not know yet how it will be, maybe I have to skip the project. ;)

Back
Top Bottom