• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

HUGE SURPRISING NEWS!!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

So the Trump administration is meeting with a "North Korean spymaster," and you think that's good news. I wonder what kind of money is changing hands in the background ala RussiaGate and IranContra. I guess even though there could be spying, mucking with our elections, and corruption, there could still be peace.

Imagine what he would get for nothing according to you if he were Hillary Clinton. #FemalePrivilege.

A President Hillary probably wouldn't get this -

N. Korea's Kim reaffirms pledge to denuclearize, willingness to meet Trump

Numerous prior presidents have "gotten" pledges from NK. Why is this different? Because it isn't officially broken yet? You sure are easily satisfied. NOBEL! NOBEL!

PM says leaders of US, N. Korea will soon meet
There will be a summit. Trump is a showman giving us the suspense before the main event.

Yeah, Hillary probably wouldn't go to NK to meet with Kim - Un or Il. I don't see how that's a credit for Cheato though... Little Rocket Man becomes a peer and an equal to the President of the United States of America, and all he has to do is release three prisoners. What a deal. I'm sure you're right - Hillary (or anyone else with half a brain who wasn't out for personal gain) wouldn't make that "deal".

Yeah, Hillary probably wouldn't go to NK to meet with Kim - Un or Il. I don't see how that's a credit for Cheato though... Little Rocket Man becomes a peer and an equal to the President of the United States of America, and all he has to do is release three prisoners. What a deal. I'm sure you're right - Hillary (or anyone else with half a brain who wasn't out for personal gain) wouldn't make that "deal".
For those three prisoners it's probably pretty important. I doubt Hillary would have to make that deal though, and neither would Trump to be honest. I think the hostages could have been released for less, or for a mere promise (as I'm sure the Trump supporters will claim was the idea all along if the meeting doesn't happen). But in the theoretical situation where the lives of these three could be saved only by pretend-kissing Kim on the cheek, it would still be worth it... three lives versus personal embarrassement of one person, it's pretty simple math.

To all you skeptics of Donald Trump, be prepared to eat your words! The "art of the deal" seems to be working.

The North Koreans have let it be known that they will not denuclearize, but wait! They have submitted an alternative list of concessions that they are willing to make. On that list is one that will definitely make President Trump's mouth water. They may be willing to negotiate opening up an American style burger joint in Pyongyang. I'm convinced that Trump should hold out for KFC. That is a very popular chain in China, so he might even be able to pressure Xi Jinping into helping him swing the deal.

See CIA report says North Korea won't denuclearize, but might open a burger joint

In an odd twist, a list of potential concessions by North Korea in the CIA analysis included the possibility that Kim Jong Un may consider offering to open a Western hamburger franchise in Pyongyang as a show of goodwill, according to three national security officials.

It suggests Kim is interested in a peaceful gesture to an American president whose love of fast-food burgers is well known — and who, during the 2016 campaign, had said he wanted to talk nukes over a burger with the North Korean leader.

So, Trump is going in expecting NK to agree to full denuclearization and Kim is going in expecting America to agree to accepting a burger place instead? They would seem to be a ways apart.

So, Trump is going in expecting NK to agree to full denuclearization and Kim is going in expecting America to agree to accepting a burger place instead? They would seem to be a ways apart.

If the fall of the Soviet Union is any guide, a McDonalds in Pyongyang might prove far more effective at destroying Kim's regime than any nuclear posturing or arms reduction treaties.

The CIA should also be concentrating on smuggling Levis through the DMZ and into the North. Communism cannot survive the exposure of the masses to consumer goods.

Trump says that the mean stuff out of North Korea apparently isn't bothering him as much now and the Summit is back on!

Now all that needs to be done is bridge an unbridgeable gap between the US's (all now dismantlement) and NK's (go fuck yourself) positions.

Trump says that the mean stuff out of North Korea apparently isn't bothering him as much now and the Summit is back on!

Now all that needs to be done is bridge an unbridgeable gap between the US's (all now dismantlement) and NK's (go fuck yourself) positions.

I have a feeling that the compromise will be fuck us, and fuck dismantlement. Y'know, because "the best negotiator".

Trump actually spent 2 hours in an improptu meeting with General Kim Yong-chol in the oval office. I really hope there's someone there that knows what they're doing. Yong-chol is crafty and has survived through three family members, while Trump is stupid and unobservant and slow. If anything, I'm sure he will be returning to NK with tales of the dumb blond president. So much for good impressions.

Meanwhile, we have this now.
article said:
In the latest twist in the drama-filled nuclear talks with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, President Donald Trump announced on the eve of their historic meeting that he will be leaving Singapore early because the nuclear negotiations have moved "more quickly than expected."

No details were given on any possible progress in preliminary talks between aides at the talks. And the abrupt change in schedule came shortly after U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had seemed to lower expectations for the meeting, which Trump had earlier predicted could potentially yield an on-the-spot end to the Korean War.

Instead, Pompeo suggested the summit, while historic, might yield little in the way of concrete success other than to pave the way for more meetings in the future.

The biggliest most tremndous photo op ever.

This thread is lolz. It starts by making fun of Trump for being a diplomatic failure. On the day of the summit this thread is crickets. Ah you looney left, don't ever change.

DfdEQXPX0AAj2AH.jpg

The art of the deal.

DfdNPUrWAAAjtLQ.jpg

This thread is lolz. It starts by making fun of Trump for being a diplomatic failure. On the day of the summit this thread is crickets. Ah you looney left, don't ever change.

He's still a diplomatic failure. Brushing off G7 to meet with a two-bit dictator of maybe the most fucked up countries on Earth is not a diplomatic success by any standard. And if you think North Korea is going to disarm, you're kidding yourself. No country with a working nuclear weapon has ever given it up voluntarily. Of course, it's possible that Kim is bluffing and they have no working nukes because they accidentally blew up their lab, but even then it's hardly Trump's victory to fall for the bluff.

Credit for Trump for freeing those hostages though. Could have happened under any president, but it happened under Trump so I guess he has the bragging rights to that.

Yeah, Trump cancelled the Summit, nothing changed, then the Summit is back on... and likely nothing is going to change.

US definition of denuclearization - No nukes in North Korea.
North Korean definition of denuclearization - No US military presence in Asia.

But hey... he shook a hand that no President had shook before. Sure, Trump seems to make his meeting with him important.

Oddly enough, he is bad mouthing our actual allies while Top Hat'ing it with the leader of a nation where nearly their entire nation is starving.

This thread is lolz. It starts by making fun of Trump for being a diplomatic failure. On the day of the summit this thread is crickets.

Has something happened?
All I knew is that Trump went there.
That’s not worth saying anything about. G7, there’s lots to say about because stuff happened.
Do you have news tha stuff happened in Singapore?

Back
Top Bottom