• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

Before signing up, I advice you to read the small print on special provisions regarding iron chariots.

cap-language-poster.jpg

Unfortunately the position of her left right hand does not match the shadow

ETA Stupid dylsexia....

ETA Stupid dylsexia....

I thought that at first, too, but that's the image in the mirror. The hand causing the shadow isn't visible.

ETA Stupid dylsexia....

I thought that at first, too, but that's the image in the mirror. The hand causing the shadow isn't visible.

Then it's not her hand.

The presence of the bar reeks of photoshopping as well. Who would put a bar at that level on a mirror?

Then it's not her hand.

The presence of the bar reeks of photoshopping as well. Who would put a bar at that level on a mirror?

I think that 'bar' is the wall. I think there are two mirrors a couple of inches apart.
But she's putting on mascara, so to get an angle that makes her hand look that far away from her face the light source would about have to be in her ear, shining through the gap and reflecting to the left. And her mascara wand would be about the size of a golf club.

Then it's not her hand.

I think that 'bar' is the wall. I think there are two mirrors a couple of inches apart.
But she's putting on mascara, so to get an angle that makes her hand look that far away from her face the light source would about have to be in her ear, shining through the gap and reflecting to the left. And her mascara wand would be about the size of a golf club.

The shadow of the arm definitely looks photoshopped. Her hand is next to her eye, not six inches away.

Thanks, everyone. I'm really enjoying that picture even more now.
We should probably link the last couple of pages of this thread to Saint of Me to show that it's not just woo that gets this sort of attention.

But it's exactly this sort of skeptical and closed-minded thought that makes people afraid to try to get a laugh out of an atheist forum.

The shadow of the arm definitely looks photoshopped. Her hand is next to her eye, not six inches away.

What if it's not her hand in the shadow?

Thanks, everyone. I'm really enjoying that picture even more now.
We should probably link the last couple of pages of this thread to Saint of Me to show that it's not just woo that gets this sort of attention.

But it's exactly this sort of skeptical and closed-minded thought that makes people afraid to try to get a laugh out of an atheist forum.
20-photos-that-are-sure-to-make-you-cringe-2.jpg

The light source is in approximately the location of the camera - ?camera flash? - and the shadow is cast by light reflecting off the mirror, not by light shining past the girl from another source.

The shadow exactly matches the image visible IN THE MIRROR, as partially masked by her right arm and the back of her right hand. Everything to the right of the edge of the mirror is contributing to the shadow, and nothing to the left of that line is.

Verdict - Not photoshopped.

Back
Top Bottom