• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

My English class was told that a preposition is a word that could fill the gap in the sentence "The bird is _______ the cage".

I was then told not to be a smart alec when I suggested that "eating" was therefore a preposition.
I would have loved and hated having you as a student. Loved it because I love smart Alec answers (big boobs) and hate it because keeping your humour at a ‘manageable’ level so that it didn’t descend into chaos every lesson would be a constant battle….. 😜

View attachment 43512
This came home with my first grader’s class work. Those better be interstellar clouds.
Nah, it's just showing the teacher is an AI. It's easy enough to get this effect with a lens that lets you dial down the aperture a fair amount. The sun is visible between two clouds, the starburst effect will appear in front of the clouds as it's really a lens effect. A human would know it doesn't look like that normally, but something that always looked through a camera...

(And, no, you can't do this with your phone. You need real aperture blades to produce a decidedly polygonal shape when they're stepped down.)

My English class was told that a preposition is a word that could fill the gap in the sentence "The bird is _______ the cage".

I was then told not to be a smart alec when I suggested that "eating" was therefore a preposition.

Climbing.

Crapping.

Taking. (The eagle is taking the cage with the mouse in it.)

View attachment 43512
This came home with my first grader’s class work. Those better be interstellar clouds.
Nah, it's just showing the teacher is an AI. It's easy enough to get this effect with a lens that lets you dial down the aperture a fair amount. The sun is visible between two clouds, the starburst effect will appear in front of the clouds as it's really a lens effect. A human would know it doesn't look like that normally, but something that always looked through a camera...

(And, no, you can't do this with your phone. You need real aperture blades to produce a decidedly polygonal shape when they're stepped down.)
That doesn’t work because you can see the whole Sun’s disk as well as its smile.

I lately lost a preposition
It hid, I thought, beneath my chair
And angrily I cried, "Perdition!
Up from out of in under there."

Correctness is my vade mecum,
And straggling phrases I abhor,
And yet I wondered, "What should he come
Up from out of in under for?"

-Morris Bishop in the New Yorker, 27th September, 1947

My favorite is this line:

The child said to the father: what did you bring the book I didn’t want to be read to out of up for.

My favorite is this line:

The child said to the father: what did you bring the book I didn’t want to be read to out of up for.

Awesome.

View attachment 43512

That doesn’t work because you can see the whole Sun’s disk as well as its smile.
I was looking at the rays extending over the clouds. The disk will also be expanded somewhat by lens flare (which will happen with any camera, but more so with more complex lenses.)

View attachment 43512

I was looking at the rays extending over the clouds. The disk will also be expanded somewhat by lens flare (which will happen with any camera, but more so with more complex lenses.)
Yes, but since you can still see the smile we know that it’s not overly bright.

Back
Top Bottom