• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

8b4348230bd89c55d59b19662a160035.png

"Written".

But I would have failed that test too.

It's got to be fabricated. "Rectal" is every bit as "correct" an answer to that poorly worded question. There could be many other possibilities depending on the context. I'm not buying that this was a real test.

Except they're looking for opposites. Oral/written works. Oral/Rectal doesn't work because it would be Oral/rectal/vaginal.

I do agree it's fake, though--students of an age to have such a test wouldn't be inclined to see the other interpretation.

It's got to be fabricated. "Rectal" is every bit as "correct" an answer to that poorly worded question. There could be many other possibilities depending on the context. I'm not buying that this was a real test.
Well, that depends on whether or not the material has been covered in class that specifically.
If the teacher did cover that oral/written was an example of opposites, then oral/rectal would not be correct.

In sub school, 'closed' would be incorrect on that test. We say 'shut' because 'close' sounds too similar to 'blow.' A mix-up in close-the-tanks and blow-the-tanks can have serious impacts on your control of ordered depth. So we say 'shut.' And that's specifically covered from day 2.

Except they're looking for opposites. Oral/written works. Oral/Rectal doesn't work because it would be Oral/rectal/vaginal.

I do agree it's fake, though--students of an age to have such a test wouldn't be inclined to see the other interpretation.

'Oral' and 'Written' are alternative means of communication; they are not opposites. The opposite of oral communication is silence.

I am very skeptical that this is anything other than a fake exam question, created solely in order to make a not very good joke.

'Oral' and 'Written' are alternative means of communication; they are not opposites. The opposite of oral communication is silence.

I am very skeptical that this is anything other than a fake exam question, created solely in order to make a not very good joke.

That's what it looks like to me, a lame setup.

I think you folks are over thinking it.

Oh yeah? Well we all think that we're thinking juuuuuuuust the right amount about it and that it is you, sir (or madam), who is over-thinking how much we are thinking about it. Just think about that.

Obligatory ITMYL:

ButHasItGotAHemi.jpg

What the hell is that? Looks like the intake side of a turbocharger with an intercooler but where is the exhaust to spin it?

Back
Top Bottom