• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Seen elsewhere:
Be Wary, be wary of the 6th of January, Big Lie, Insurrection and Plot.
We see no reason, why Republican treason, Should ever be forgot!

Roger Stone throws Steve Bannon under the bus with accusation he directed Capitol 'breach' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
According to a report from the Daily Beast's Zachary Petrizzo, former Donald Trump associate Roger Stone took to his Telegram account on Sunday morning to blame former White House adviser Steve Bannon of ordering the attack on the Capitol building on Jan 6th, reminiscent of the way he used to do "crazy things" in order to "curry favor" with the former president.

Writing that Stone appeared to be throwing Bannon "under the bus," Petrizzo reported the conservative gadfly wrote, "It is highly likely that [Steve] Bannon really gave the order to breach the capital [sic] and maneuvered patriots into dangerous positions.”

He added, "A neophyte Steve Bannon was willing to try crazy things like this to curry favor with Trump who had a [sic] no interest in Bannon’s bullsh*t.”
Roger Stone seems like he is running scared. How close is the Jan 6 committee getting?

Riot committee 'aggressively' shifts focus to criminal conspiracy charges against Trump and GOP lawmakers: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
noting
Capitol attack panel investigates Trump over potential criminal conspiracy | US Capitol attack | The Guardian - "Messages between Mark Meadows and others suggest the Trump White House coordinated efforts to stop Joe Biden’s certification"
The committee’s new focus on the potential for a conspiracy marks an aggressive escalation in its inquiry as it confronts evidence that suggests the former president potentially engaged in criminal conduct egregious enough to warrant a referral to the justice department.

House investigators are interested in whether Trump oversaw a criminal conspiracy after communications turned over by Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows and others suggested the White House coordinated efforts to stop Biden’s certification, the sources said.

The select committee has several thousand messages, among which include some that suggest the Trump White House briefed a number of House Republicans on its plan for then-vice president Mike Pence to abuse his ceremonial role and not certify Biden’s win, the sources said.
About time. The problem so far is that it's hard to pin anything outright criminal onto Trump. He didn't record himself as much as some of his followers did when they attacked the Capitol.
Aggressively? They've been dragging their feet on opening that bucket of worms for more than a year, going out of their way to avoid asking the question or confirming whether they were even considering pursuing it.

Aggressively? They've been dragging their feet on opening that bucket of worms for more than a year, going out of their way to avoid asking the question or confirming whether they were even considering pursuing it.

It’s SOP. They’ve been considering beginning discussion on proposing to look into researching the viability of opening debate on the possibility of appointing someone to determine whether to investigate….

Kinzinger says Jan. 6 panel already has 'powerful and substantive narrative' | TheHill
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) on Sunday said the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol already has a “powerful and substantive narrative,” months into its probe of the fatal riots.

Asked by moderator Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” how much of the Jan. 6 story the panel would have today if it did not receive any additional information, Kinzinger said the congressional investigators “know a lot of the narrative.”

“I think the most important thing is not even the day of Jan. 6, it’s what led to it. We have a lot of what's out there in the public venue, what the president himself said. The fact that he was watching for three hours on TV probably gleefully while this happened,” Kinzinger said.

“So I think if everything shut down today we'd be able to put out a powerful and substantive narrative. We still have more information obviously we want to get,” he added.
Seems like they have found something big, even if they don't feel confident enough to talk about it just yet.

Raskin: Grisham told Jan. 6 panel about 'a number of names that I had not heard before' | TheHill
She told CNN that she “answered every question they asked of me, and I will continue to cooperate with them.”

She said the congressional investigators were interested in gathering more information on what was happening in the White House when the riots were taking place on Capitol Hill. Grisham was in her role until the evening of Jan. 6, when she resigned from her posts.

Grisham told the network that the conversation lasted an hour.
Kyle Griffin on Twitter: "Rep. Jamie Raskin tells CNN that former Trump White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham "named a lot of names I had not heard before" to the Jan. 6 Committee during her interview and "identified some lines of inquiry that had never occurred to me."" / Twitter
More and more.

A little earlier,
Former Trump press secretary to meet Wednesday with Jan. 6 committee | TheHill
Trump, for his part, said in a statement to The Hill following the release of Grisham's book, “I’ll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw at the Trump White House,” that she had “big problems.”

“She became very angry and bitter after her break up and as time went on she was seldom relied upon, or even thought about. She had big problems and we felt that she should work out those problems for herself. Now, like everyone else, she gets paid by a radical left-leaning publisher to say bad and untrue things,” Trump said.
I find Trump's outbursts very entertaining. He seems to have the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Kinzinger says Jan. 6 panel already has 'powerful and substantive narrative' | TheHill
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) on Sunday said the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol already has a “powerful and substantive narrative,” months into its probe of the fatal riots.

Asked by moderator Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” how much of the Jan. 6 story the panel would have today if it did not receive any additional information, Kinzinger said the congressional investigators “know a lot of the narrative.”

“I think the most important thing is not even the day of Jan. 6, it’s what led to it. We have a lot of what's out there in the public venue, what the president himself said. The fact that he was watching for three hours on TV probably gleefully while this happened,” Kinzinger said.

“So I think if everything shut down today we'd be able to put out a powerful and substantive narrative. We still have more information obviously we want to get,” he added.
Seems like they have found something big, even if they don't feel confident enough to talk about it just yet.

But there is nothing secret to uncover, it was all done out in the open. Trump has been getting away with things by doing them openly, because people seem to think that if you do it in the open there's nothing wrong with it, no matter how corrupt it is. Then on the other hand, people think if something was revealed in a leaked private email then it must have been nefarious no matter how benign.

But there is nothing secret to uncover, it was all done out in the open. Trump has been getting away with things by doing them openly, because people seem to think that if you do it in the open there's nothing wrong with it, no matter how corrupt it is. Then on the other hand, people think if something was revealed in a leaked private email then it must have been nefarious no matter how benign.
What is unknown is Trump’s exact actions/reactions to the mob/insurrection. It seems like this isn’t unknown to the Commission now.

Well when I say there is nothing to uncover, I mean what's out there in the open is already damning enough. It's not like we need subpoenas to know he led a coup attempt.

Yep, we witnessed him refusing to intervene for hours while droves of people begged him to, and we saw video of him watching the insurrection with his most devoted followers and the TV showing the smoke and the Capitol crawling with insurrectionists breaching the building. Just watching, no reaction except that someone said that he made the comment that they looked low class.

Holy crap, what an empty soul he is. Ugh. Soulless, actually. He sold it decades ago.

But wait! It gets even more ridiculous! House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy today on Fox News:

“You watch what they did last week when we were out, trying to politicize January 6th,” McCarthy said. “And everybody believes what happened on January 6th was wrong beyond wrong.”

Yes, the Democrats are attempting to politicize the political attack on the building where our politics was happening. The nerve!

Well when I say there is nothing to uncover, I mean what's out there in the open is already damning enough. It's not like we need subpoenas to know he led a coup attempt.
We do to put that fucker in prison for inciting a riot that killed four people.

But wait! It gets even more ridiculous! House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy today on Fox News:

“You watch what they did last week when we were out, trying to politicize January 6th,” McCarthy said. “And everybody believes what happened on January 6th was wrong beyond wrong.”

Yes, the Democrats are attempting to politicize the political attack on the building where our politics was happening. The nerve!

I wanted to try out the new emogi.

But really, "everybody believes that what happened on January 6th was wrong beyond wrong"?
Which everybody is he talking about?

Tom

I wanted to try out the new emogi.

But really, "everybody believes that what happened on January 6th was wrong beyond wrong"?
Which everybody is he talking about?

Tom
In my head, if he'd been asked to elaborate on that statement he'd say "well...of course it was wrong, but merely wrong beyond wrong, not wrong enough for us to DO something about it."

What category of life do they think the incident belonged to? Entertainment?

Tourism. Seriously, they have characterized the attack as a peaceful gathering of tourists.

Lawyer: No sensible person would think that mob was a political insurrection and was merely for entertainment sakes.

Lawyer: No sensible person would think that mob was a political insurrection and was merely for entertainment sakes.
Trump released a statement today praising right wing conspiracy site Revolver, for promoting the notion that the insurrection was in fact a "false flag" operation by - wait for it - his own Department of Justice. He gave them kudos for using the term "Fedsurrection," apparently unaware that he was in charge of an entire branch of the federal government when the attack took place, AND that he reportedly watched it unfold "gleefully" and told the attackers that he "loved" them.

Fedsurrection? That's what Rep. Matt Gaetz called it in his recent press conference with MTG.

Thus implying that it was some "deep state" coup from within.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom