• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

It's raining maga tears! How many arrests so far? More than 100? Many of them cops, ex-cops, or ex-military. Calls for some in congress to resign for their part.
I haven't tried to count, though someone might be doing a scorecard of arrests and identifications so far.
Charges of "unauthorized blah blah blah" "disorderly blah blah blah" are just the easy shit that the FBI can use to arrest people and then do the more careful, time consuming work in terms of serious charges. I predict more showers and thunderstorms of maga tears in the coming weeks.
That strategy has borne fruit and will continue to bear fruit, I'm sure. Like the arrest of the head of the Proud Boys for stealing a BLM flag. He turned out to have two high-capacity ammo cartridges.

Georgia state senators who backed attempts to overturn presidential election stripped of committee assignments | TheHill - that's a lesser penalty than expulsion, and it can affect legislators' ability to raise campaign money. Some Congressional committees are called "money committees" because of the ability of their members to raise campaign money by doing regulatory favors. Steve King Removed From Committee Assignments Over White Supremacy Remark - The New York Times

Gregorio Casar on Twitter: "Impeachment is one step, but it isn’t enough. Those who aided this attack on the Capitol should be held accountable.

I’m proud to join many others in signing on to support @CoriBush’s legislation. We must defend our democracy against future attacks. https://t.co/DHqhvte10q" / Twitter

noting
Cori Bush introduces legislation to sanction, remove all House members who supported election challenges | TheHill
noting
H.Res.25 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Directing the Committee on Ethics to investigate, and issue a report on, whether any and all actions taken by Members of the 117th Congress who sought to overturn the 2020 Presidential election violated their oath of office to uphold the Constitution or the Rules of the House of Representatives, and should face sanction, including removal from the House of Representatives. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
This resolution requires the House Committee on Ethics to investigate and report on whether (1) actions taken by Members of the 117th Congress seeking to overturn the 2020 Presidential election violated their oath of office; and (2) these Members should face sanction, including removal from the House of Representatives.

It also condemns all targeted and malicious efforts to disenfranchise Black, Brown, and Indigenous voters.
Let's see if it gets anywhere. Will they expel anyone? Kick anyone out of committees?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/capitol-riot-investigation/index.html

Evidence uncovered so far, including weapons and tactics seen on surveillance video, suggests a level of planning that has led investigators to believe the attack on the US Capitol was not just a protest that spiraled out of control, a federal law enforcement official says.

Among the evidence the FBI is examining are indications that some participants at the Trump rally at the Ellipse, outside the White House, left the event early, perhaps to retrieve items to be used in the assault on the Capitol.
A team of investigators and prosecutors are also focused on the command and control aspect of the attack, looking at travel and communications records to determine if they can build a case that is similar to a counterterrorism investigation, the official said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/12/mikie-sherrill-capitol-hill-attack-458655

More than 30 House Democrats are demanding information from Capitol security officials about "suspicious" visitors at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 5 — a day before violent insurrectionists swarmed the building — that would only have been permitted entry by a member of Congress or a staffer.

"Many of the Members who signed this letter ... witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5,” wrote the lawmakers, led by Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-N.J.), in a letter to the acting House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, as well as the acting head of the Capitol Police.

The lawmakers, some of who "have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity," noted that Capitol tours have been prohibited since March as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and they said the tours were so unusual that they were reported to security on Jan. 5, ahead of the following day's violence.

"The visitors encountered by some of the Members of Congress on this letter appeared to be associated with the rally at the White House the following day," they wrote. "Members of the group that attacked the Capitol seemed to have an unusually detailed knowledge of the layout of the Capitol Complex. The presence of these groups within the Capitol Complex was indeed suspicious."

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1349338046282543106[/TWEET]

1:57 looks like he's taking a hard drive. I know there's another thread on out of state visitors, though though I suspect this might not be the same context as the other thread.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/at-the...d-a-riot-in-a-few-crucial-minutes-11610067766

The milling crowd of President Trump supporters had taken his invitation to march on the U.S. Capitol, but upon arriving at the steel fencing at the edge of the building’s western lawn, they seemed unsure of what to do next. Then, at 12:48 p.m., a clutch of men in blaze orange hats and military-style vests turned a nearby street corner, marching straight toward them.

In a matter of moments, the two groups merged and the crowd swelled to hundreds and surged forward, toppling a metal barricade at the curbside and charging up two small flights of stone steps toward five startled officers of the Capitol Police.

The outer security cordon had been breached, and the first siege of the nation’s Capitol by American citizens had begun.

The seeds of Wednesday’s assault on the Capitol were planted steadily over weeks, as Mr. Trump refused to accept his defeat by Democrat Joe Biden in the Nov. 3 presidential election. Mr. Trump urged his supporters to come to Washington to protest on Jan. 6, when Congress was due to convene and formalize the election result; he promised it “will be wild.”

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2021/01/13/ayanna-pressley-office-panic-buttons

As rioters began to storm the Capitol building in Washington, D.C., last week, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley’s staff barricaded the doors to their office — and made a startling discovery.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit,” Sarah Groh, Pressley’s chief of staff, recalled to The Boston Globe.

The buttons had been used before, and Groh said she had not switched offices since then. Exactly why they were not there when supporters of President Donald Trump sieged the halls of Congress was unclear to the staff, she said.

Jamaal Bowman has introduced
H.R.276 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): To establish a national commission to investigate the seditious attack on the United States Capitol and Congress on January 6, 2021, address the systemic failures in the United States Capitol security and intelligence apparatus to accurately assess outside threats, and study and propose recommendations to realign the mission of the United States Capitol Police, and for other purposes. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

No text received yet, so it's hard for me to evaluate. I hope that the issue of fifth columnists will come up in whatever investigations are done.

Lindsay Beyerstein on Twitter: "When you sic an angry mob on a guy and his wife and daughter, you can't really trust him to do you a favor anymore." / Twitter
then
Katherine Faulders on Twitter: "This week, top aides met w/ Trump to discuss options going forward.Among them-what a potential resignation would look like.POTUS asked q’s about it,but ultimately said it was a nonstarter, in part b/c he doesn't trust Pence to pardon him, sources tell me @CeciliaVega & @Santucci" / Twitter

So does he expect Pence to pardon him just as Ford pardoned Nixon? Does he feel entitled to a pardon?

Hemry, Local Bartender on Twitter: "@KFaulders @CeciliaVega @Santucci Both hilariously and depressingly, it feels like Biden pardoning Trump is way more likely than Pence doing it." / Twitter

NoelCaslerComedy on Twitter: "Who would thought the guy with 6 bankruptcies, almost 3 divorces, 4000 lawsuits and 26 sexual assault accusations would get impeached twice as POTUS?" / Twitter

Under Heavy Pressure, Trump Releases Video Condemning Capitol Siege - The New York Times
Under heavy pressure from his advisers, President Trump on Wednesday released a five-minute video recorded in the Oval Office condemning last week’s mob violence at the Capitol and urging his supporters to stand down from further rioting next week.

The video was made public hours after Mr. Trump was impeached a second time and was the result, advisers said, of his realization of the catastrophic fallout from the deadly siege, which also left lawmakers fearing for their lives in the seat of American democracy.
His advisers must be running scared. But it's telling that they had to pressure him into making that statement.

Rashida Tlaib on Twitter: "Why am I running? Because this is about electing the jury to impeach @POTUS and I will make a heck of juror. https://t.co/1zYzX37j7p" / Twitter
then
Rashida Tlaib on Twitter: "Promise made, promise kept. Twice." / Twitter
Yes, she got to impeach that motherfucker twice.
Ilhan Omar on Twitter: "@RashidaTlaib ✊🏽" / Twitter

Manu Raju on Twitter: "After some Republicans balked at going through House metal detectors, Pelosi announces stiff fines. “The fine for the first offense will be $5,000 and $10,000 for the second offense. The fines will be deducted directly from Members’ salaries by the Chief Administrative Officer”" / Twitter

Then
hopefulresident on Twitter: "@mkraju Pelosi, for a lot of these men, is the mom they never had. Never too late to learn manners." / Twitter
I remember posting on an article where someone described her as a "Mean Mommy".

PĂ© on Twitter: "@mkraju Maybe if multiple Members of Congress didn't boast about packing heat during the joint session last week as their supporters were engaged in an insurrection, this wouldn't be necessary." / Twitter

Rep. Pramila Jayapal on Twitter: "Too many Republicans have recklessly refused to take COVID-19 seriously. Anyone who selfishly refuses to wear a mask (even when offered one!) not only puts their health at risk but also our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Thank you for keeping my husband in your thoughts." / Twitter

noting
The ReidOut on Twitter: ""I'm sorry to say that these Republicans have not only given me covid by not wearing their masks. But they've also given it to my husband now who just tested positive."

@RepJayapal on #TheReidOut https://t.co/S6sGyu2R8k" / Twitter

Jake Lahut on Twitter: "Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado used his time on the House floor to talk about Kathy Griffin and Madonna in a speech defending President Trump" / Twitter
noting
Jake Lahut on Twitter: "We fail to remember the Madonna-Griffin insurrection of 2018. SMH at how this country never learns from its history." / Twitter

Think for yourself on Twitter: "@MooseKeating @JakeLahut "Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As, W.H. Auden once wrote: We must love one another or die. "I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me: We choose love..." -Madonna" / Twitter

Kathy Griffin re-tweets infamous Donald Trump severed head photo | Daily Mail Online
Kathy Griffin re-tweets her controversial Donald Trump severed head photo that caused her to be fired by CNN after the president claimed victory in the election
  • Comedian Kathy Griffin originally posted the controversial image in 2017
  • She said she received threats and was probed by the secret service for the stunt
  • Griffin reposted the photograph after President prematurely declared victory
  • The now 60-year-old was dropped from CNN's New Year's Eve show in 2017 and co-host Anderson said the photo was 'clearly disgusting'
So neither woman tried to convince a lynch mob to enter the White House.

Ayanna Pressley's husband tests positive for COVID-19 | TheHill
Rep. Ayanna Pressley’s (D-Mass.) husband, Conan Harris, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and is exhibiting mild symptoms, her office said on Wednesday.

The congresswoman has tested negative but remains in isolation as a precautionary measure.

“As my colleagues and I sought shelter from the white supremacist mob that violently attacked our seat of government, we were greeted by a different threat—one posed by my callous Republican colleagues who, in this crowded and confined space, repeatedly refused to wear masks when offered,” she said in a statement Wednesday afternoon.

“Their arrogant disregard for the lives of others is infuriating, but not surprising, and we are seeing the consequences of it daily, as several of my colleagues—and now my husband—test positive for COVID-19,” Pressley added.

Rep. Mike Garcia on Twitter: "In Congress, my priority is ..." / Twitter
n Congress, my priority is working to advance commonsense, bipartisan policies that improve the lives of Californians & all Americans and help to safely open up our businesses and get employees back to work. The only way we can do this is to move forward together as one nation.

With only a few days left in the Trump Administration, the vote to impeach the President is no more than political theater that runs the risk of further dividing us at a time when we need to come together.

I urge my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to stop playing political games and start advancing good policy solutions. To that end, I am proud to have introduced H.R. 202, the SALT Fairness Act, which would repeal the State and Local Tax (SALT) deduction cap.

I look forward to working towards improving our national security, supporting small business, protecting our communities from wildfire and related power shutoffs, and ensuring that our law enforcement have the support and tools they need to safely protect our communities.
He's R-CA-25 - the one whom he succeeded responds:

Katie Hill on Twitter: "Says the guy who stood on the side of domestic terrorists who overtook our Capitol and killed five people last week. But yeah, let’s not risk division... 🙄" / Twitter
It wasn't all the attackers - one of them was shot by a cop as she was trying to break through a door.

Ali Foroughi on Twitter: "@KatieHill4CA 4 years ago when they had the Executive and Legislative, they never talked about coming together. They kept saying that American People had spoken, the election has consequences. Now that Democrats have two branches of the government, WE SHOULD COME TOGETHER!" / Twitter

Trump(s) Be Gone! on Twitter: "@KatieHill4CA Four years of vilification and division, but now you want unity and healing. https://t.co/eHAF0DYlWq" / Twitter
2016: FUCK YOUR FEELINGS
2017: YOU LOST GET OVER IT
2018: DRINKING UR LIBERAL TEARS
2019: FOUR MORE YEARS BITCHES
2020: look guys this is a time for unity not finger-pointing
Should be bumped up a year, but that's about it.

Jake Lahut on Twitter: "Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado used his time on the House floor to talk about Kathy Griffin and Madonna in a speech defending President Trump" /

Someone is suing Twitter for the uncredible heartache caused by not being able to read Trump's tweets any more.
In his rambling justification he mentions that Pelosi has a nicer computer than he does, and AOC won't date him.

There were like 4 police and 16 Nazis killed in the failed coup, Munich Beer Hall Putsch. Sounds similar.

Hitler, while in prison, had his friend Rudolf Hess write his book as it was dictated.

Rudy...

View attachment 31355

I wonder if this is real. But hey, let’s have unity.

His trial was Feb 1924...sentenced to 5 years, but I thought he served more than 1. Did he serve less than 1?

I think it was less than 1. Let off for good behavior.

Ah yes from Wikipedia:

Hitler fled to the home of Ernst Hanfstaengl and by some accounts contemplated suicide.[118] He was depressed but calm when arrested on 11 November 1923 for high treason.[119] His trial before the special People's Court in Munich began in February 1924,[120] and Alfred Rosenberg became temporary leader of the Nazi Party. On 1 April, Hitler was sentenced to five years' imprisonment at Landsberg Prison.[121] There, he received friendly treatment from the guards, and was allowed mail from supporters and regular visits by party comrades. Pardoned by the Bavarian Supreme Court, he was released from jail on 20 December 1924, against the state prosecutor's objections.[122] Including time on remand, Hitler served just over one year in prison

Back
Top Bottom