• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

January 6 Hearings Live

Hey, anyone remember that press conference the Secret Service interrupted? The time protestors were getting kinda rambunctious outside the White House, and they made Trump stop talking and move someplace a bit more secure?

Last week, you'd think if a RIOT was going on at the Capitol, they would have at least made him leave the party.
In the tent.
Out on the lawn.

Unless, you know, he was confident he knew where the riot was heading.... somehow...

Hey, anyone remember that press conference the Secret Service interrupted? The time protestors were getting kinda rambunctious outside the White House, and they made Trump stop talking and move someplace a bit more secure?

Last week, you'd think if a RIOT was going on at the Capitol, they would have at least made him leave the party.
In the tent.
Out on the lawn.

Unless, you know, he was confident he knew where the riot was heading.... somehow...

Maybe because he sent them there on live television?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "People really twist themselves into knots giving platforms to white supremacists and their enablers like “come on everyone, we must listen to both sides equally: fact and fiction”" / Twitter

The Daily Beast on Twitter: "EXCLUSIVE: A majority of GOP Sen. Josh Hawley’s constituents in Missouri believe he should resign after he led the effort to object to the 2020 election result after the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to a new poll from Data For Progress (link to article)" / Twitter
I checked on Data For Progress and I couldn't find any article on that result - only a reference to the DB article in a tweet by DfP.

Trump explodes at Nixon comparisons as he prepares to leave office - CNNPolitics
In his final days in office, President Donald Trump has found the parts of the job he loved replaced by cold legal warnings, forced video addresses and a shrinking circle of downtrodden aides, all anxiously wondering what life will be like after noon on January 20.

Gone are the clicks of flashing cameras. Absent is the roar of a cheering crowd. Instead of a commanding final full week of winning, the President is playing the role of victim and not a gracious leader departing office.
Resigning would make him like Richard Nixon, the only President ever to resign.
He told one adviser during an expletive-laden conversation recently never to bring up the ex-president ever again. During the passing mention of resigning this week, Trump told people he couldn't count on Vice President Mike Pence to pardon him like Gerald Ford did Nixon, anyway.
Does he seriously think that he deserves to be pardoned for what he did?
Inside the building, Trump has been weathering a second impeachment and growing isolation from his onetime allies in sullen desolation. He has grown more and more worried about what legal or financial calamities may await him when he is no longer president, people who have spoken to him said, fueled by warnings from lawyers and advisers. He is weighing pardons, including for himself and his family, as he attempts to muster a legal team for another impeachment trial. And he is resentful of Republicans who he feels abandoned him in his hour of need, including the GOP leaders of the House and Senate.
What a big baby.

His is thinking of some big splashy departure on the morning of Inauguration Day. He will be heading to Mar-a-Lago in Florida, I'm sure.

Dystopia Journal #49: Insurrection | Adam Lee - nice blog entry

'Mentally disturbed' Trump will only become more dangerous as he struggles to tolerate reality: psychiatrist - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism
Instead of being cowed by the violence at the U.S. Capitol and his second impeachment, Trump, like other autocrats and fascists, appears even more desperate and emboldened. On Tuesday, during a visit to his "border wall" in Texas, Donald Trump warned the Democrats and the American people that there will be consequences — implying more violence by his followers — for his impeachment or removal. Trump then claimed the Democrats were causing the country "tremendous anger, and division and pain," another example of stochastic terrorism aimed at inciting violence by his political cult members against their shared "enemies".

Under pressure from Republican leaders and his remaining White House advisers, Donald Trump released a video on Wednesday evening in which he "condemned" political violence and claimed that his "true supporters" would never engage in such behavior. This is patently insincere: From the beginning of his 2016 campaign, Trump has encouraged political violence by his followers and other cult members. Moreover, during the assault on the Capitol Trump was reportedly gleeful and excited.

Trump keeps calling Steve Bannon for advice on overturning the election: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism
"One person familiar with the matter said the president has sought out allies who would tell him what he wants to hear as he promulgated false claims that the election was stolen from him," Jacobs reported. "It isn't clear how many times the men have spoken or how recently. But Bannon has made considerable efforts to get back in Trump's good graces since he departed as the president's chief strategist in August 2017 and cooperated with Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation."

'Confusion' among Trump supporters after Twitter imposed lifetime suspension - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism - after he was banned from Twitter, his messages have become much less, causing difficulty for his followers.

'We are just getting started': Local GOP officials warn the party they will put Trump allegiance first - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism - even as national-level Republican officials try to distance themselves from Trump.
"They've got Mitch McConnell up there selling out the Republican Party," said Amanda Chase, a prospective GOP candidate for Virginia governor who spoke the "Save America" rally that devolved into a riot at the Capitol. "The insurrection is actually the deep state with the politicians working against the people to overthrow our government."
QAnon congresswoman faces calls for arrest after live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi's location to rioters - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism - Lauren Boebert

Arrest warrant issued after far-right personality 'Baked Alaska' skipped court hearing: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism

Arrested Capitol rioter claims he thought officer he beat with US flagpole was 'antifa': report - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism

QAnon shaman accidentally unravels GOP impeachment defense: ‘He came at the request of the president’ - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism - "Pro-Trump message boards showed many others also believed the president was calling on them to march on the Capitol to overturn his election loss."

QAnon congresswoman alerts FBI on Keith Olbermann -- because he predicted she is 'going to prison' - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene
"She complained about coverage of her not wearing a mask, argued the story should've been critical of Nancy Pelosi and pushed whataboutism about Black Lives Matter and Antifa."

Some Democrats in Congress are worried their colleagues might kill them
"It's the most poisonous I've ever seen," Rep. Don Beyer, D-Va., said in an interview. "There's the overall sense that maybe if some of them have guns — and likely the ones who are more into conspiracy theories and QAnon with the pedophilic satanic rings — are we safe from them?"

With lawmakers traumatized, hundreds of members of the National Guard sleeping in congressional hallways and warnings from authorities about continued threats, suspicion and rumor are running rampant.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., has said she feared for her life, in part because she doubted the motives of unnamed colleagues who were sheltering with her.

"There were QAnon and white supremacist sympathizers, and frankly white supremacist members of Congress, in that extraction point who I have felt would disclose my location and would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, etc.," Ocasio-Cortez, a highly visible progressive and frequent target of conservative media, said in a speech Tuesday streamed live on Instagram.
Rep. Mikie Sherrill on Twitter: "Today I joined with more than 30 of my colleagues in requesting an investigation ..." / Twitter
Today I joined with more than 30 of my colleagues in requesting an investigation from the Acting House SAA, Acting Senate SAA, and USCP into the suspicious behavior and access given to visitors to the Capitol Complex on Jan. 5, 2021 - the day before the attacks on the Capitol.

Many of the Members who signed this letter, including those of us who have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity, as well as various members of our staff, witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5.

Rep. Mikie Sherrill on Twitter: "This is unusual for several reasons, including the fact that access to the Capitol Complex has been restricted since public tours ended in March due to the pandemic. We found these tours so concerning that senior staff questioned the SAA on January 5 about what was taking place.

A trio of GOP freshmen have drawn particular attention and concern from colleagues: Reps. Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

Some lawmakers have suggested that Boebert, a Second Amendment advocate and past QAnon sympathizer, may have deliberately revealed Pelosi's location during the attack on Twitter. Boebert also tweeted "Today is 1776" the morning of the rally.

The concerns are not limited to Democrats. Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., called Boebert "culpable" in the attack in an interview with National Journal, citing her tweet about Pelosi.
LB now claims that she disavows QAnon.

"Cawthorn, who spoke at a pro-Trump rally in Washington before the Capitol siege, has said he was carrying a firearm during the riot."

It's hard to find historical precedent for this level of visceral worry about danger among lawmakers.

Joanne Freeman, who is a historian at Yale University and the author of "The Field of Blood: Violence in Congress and the Road to Civil War," likened the atmosphere to the decades before the Civil War, when fistfights often broke out on the House floor and a Northern senator was caned by a Southern House member.

Freeman cautioned against drawing too many direct parallels, as it was a more violent time in America across the board.

Apparently Alex Jones is upset that Q has taken over much of his turf in spreading conspiracy theories.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/bUrM4rkuqLM[/YOUTUBE]

My suggestion is Jones start the conspiracy theory that Q is really part of the Deep State keeping them distracted from the real conspiracies.

Some Democrats in Congress are worried their colleagues might kill them

Rep. Mikie Sherrill on Twitter: "Today I joined with more than 30 of my colleagues in requesting an investigation ..." / Twitter
Today I joined with more than 30 of my colleagues in requesting an investigation from the Acting House SAA, Acting Senate SAA, and USCP into the suspicious behavior and access given to visitors to the Capitol Complex on Jan. 5, 2021 - the day before the attacks on the Capitol.

Many of the Members who signed this letter, including those of us who have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity, as well as various members of our staff, witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5.

Rep. Mikie Sherrill on Twitter: "This is unusual for several reasons, including the fact that access to the Capitol Complex has been restricted since public tours ended in March due to the pandemic. We found these tours so concerning that senior staff questioned the SAA on January 5 about what was taking place.
I just learned of this watching Rep. Sherrill interviewed by Rachel Maddow. I'd heard that some of the criminals were touring the Capitol the day before the insurrection, but didn't realize that, due to Covid-19 restrictions, they would have needed the cooperation of a Congressperson or staffer just to get into the building! IOW, GOP Congresspeople were deliberately aiding the traitors. These weren't casual visits; the COVID-19 restrictions applied even to guests of Congresspeople, so those "casing" their target must have been specially invited.

Apparently Alex Jones is upset that Q has taken over much of his turf in spreading conspiracy theories.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/bUrM4rkuqLM[/YOUTUBE]

My suggestion is Jones start the conspiracy theory that Q is really part of the Deep State keeping them distracted from the real conspiracies.
Heck, he probably is Q, in some sort of NWO - Wolfpack remaster.

So, just spit ballin’ here, but what if insurrection had succeeded in killing numerous democrats, say Pelosi, and they had managed to get their hands on Pence and actually strung him up? There wouldn’t be enough time to Monica the and confirm a VP, but I doubt anyone he nominated would have any chance. I suppose if Democrats had been killed along with Pence, the 25th Amendment could have placed the new speaker of the house in charge for a week or so.

Who's willing to bet that the Republicans are going to try to obstruct the swearing in of the new democratic senators?

So, just spit ballin’ here, but what if insurrection had succeeded in killing numerous democrats, say Pelosi, and they had managed to get their hands on Pence and actually strung him up?
He probablydidn't think any farther than the vote.
Make noise outside the chambers, scare the Senate/House. MAYBE drag some of his political enemies out of the chamber.
He calls remaining Senators/Congressipeople, and asks if they'd reconsider throwing the electoral votes his way. He wins, secures a second term, then sends word to those low-class hooligans that support him, they all go home, mission accomplished.
Headlines blast Trump Wins Four More Years! Biden retires in disgrace. No one dares fuck with him forevermore.

No thought in his head that maybe there would be repercussions if anyone got hurt, much less dragged to the gallows and killed. But even if they did, their fault for not supporting him.

Back
Top Bottom