• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Joke gallery

How come "you're a peach" is a complement but "you're bananas" is an insult?

Idioms can be really hard to comprehend to the non-native English speakers. I worked with a woman who grew up in the USSR. She constantly got these mixed up:

When some one was joking with her she would say "You are really pushing my leg".

And then that person would laugh and say, "you mean "pulling my leg"" to which she would reply "you are pulling your luck now!"

When daylight savings comes into Britain how do they reset Stonehenge?
Having witnessed the quartermaster setting the Zulu-time clocks to Daylight Savings more than three times, i cannot say this is a stupid question.
I mean, it _is_, but i have seen some shite, and can no longer respond from the position that the necessary knowledge is to be expected.

Just left Walmart where a lady with a basket full of TP asked me what kind of dog I had. I said a service dog. Very rudely she yells what type of service? I said he is a BLD. What's a BLD? She asked as she is allowing my dog to lick her face. With a straight face I said "He is my butt licking dog ( BLD ). I can't find any toilet paper anywhere because of people like you hoarding the TP so he licks my ass clean... The cashier lost it and walked away from the register.

Donald Trump is walking out of the White House and heading towards his Limo, when a possible assassin steps forward and aims a gun.

A secret agent, new on the job, shouts, 'Mickey Mouse!'

This startles the would-be assassin and he is captured.

Later, the secret service agent's supervisor takes him aside and says, 'what made you shout Mickey Mouse?'

Blushing, the agent replies....

'I got nervous. I meant to Shout Donald Duck!'.

Why did the art thief's van run out of gas as he drove away from the museum?

Because he had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh.

Putin send a condolence letter to the family of Sir Sean Connery upon his recent dying.

It was signed "From Russia with love".

Back
Top Bottom