• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kanye West Anti Jewish Speech

I read that West was diagnosed as having bipolar disorder about 5 years ago, although it's likely that he had symptoms long before he was diagnosed. I read that he decided not to take the types of medications that are usually prescribed for this serious mental illness. Having had family members with BPD and having cared for many patients with this disorder, some people with this disease do suffer from serious delusions, while others are able to control their symptoms fairly well. Medications usually help, but it's very common for folks with this disease to stop taking their meds. Let me put it like a former friend did, after she went off her meds and went off the deep end. I mean she really did some extremely dangerous, nutty things. Sadly, her ultra religious family thought she was demon possessed, but I digress. When Mr. Sohy and I saw her in a restaurant back when we lived in SC, we sat with her and asked her what was going on. She said she had gone off of her meds because she loved how it felt being manic. She said it was a better high than any drug. About two weeks later, she was hospitalized.

My point is that we shouldn't take what mentally ill folks say so seriously, especially when they refuse to take medications that will probably help relieve their symptoms to some extent. However, what West said has given more attention to the extreme rise in anti semitism in the US. Perhaps that's the positive side, as people need to know what's going on when it comes to hatred and prejudice.

Ye needs help and the rest of us need to stop giving him so much attention. Mania sometimes seems to be linked to narcissism. At least it appears to be that way when it comes to people like Ye, and Musk, not that I want to think about what will happen to Twitter now that Musk owns it. That line from Ferris Bueller keeps haunting me. "I weep for the future".
Agreed. You can't take what a bi-polar person says as reality when they are manic.

That does not mean that I am not furious at the antisemitism just as I am furious at the racism and other bigotries promoted by Trump and his ilk. Furious, sick to my stomach, sick at heart. It's beyond reprehensible. And it's poisonous and contagious. We have got to stop this hatred. I believe it can only be stopped by knowledge, understanding and love and acceptance.

And one way to stop the hate is by not assuming folks agree with Kanye because they are a fan of his music.
Exactly. It gets tricky being a fan of someone that you know or think you know information about. I love Bob Dylan who seems to have been a real dick and possibly physically abusive to his wife; Michael Jackson--enough said. I admit I like Mel Gibson as an actor but after his antisemitism became so publicly known, I've avoided watching his films. It's easier when I am not much of a fan--a number of less favorite entertainers are easily ignored by me because of some very public offensive to very offensive behavior/opinions spouted. If one starts including authors and artists.....the list gets long very fast.

I will admit that I love some music with some lyrics I would be appalled at if they were real life events (see early Rod Stewart, especially Stay With Me) and I love it unabashedly. I'm not a fan of rap or hip hop (wrong generation) but I'd probably not be a fan of some of the artists based on lyrics, especially those that seem to be misogynistic or advocate for violence.

IMO, not nearly enough consequences are meted out by the NFL for abuse of significant others/intimate partners. Ditto for all other professional sports. Not only is it ugly and destructive to the immediate victims but when we tolerate horrific or even very bad behavior from someone because they can make us a lot of money---and let's not forget that for the owners, it's ALL about the money--we do a tremendous disservice to the individuals as well, many of whom were groomed for pro sports from a very young age. It starts in high school or before: not expecting or helping student athletes to achieve academic success, tolerating terrible behavior including hate speech, racist behavior and sexual violence, and more. It's wrong and it does terrible damage to the student athlete and to society.

That said, I am glad that some public figures are getting some immediate negative consequences for hate speech and despicable behavior. It should happen much, much much more. No, it won't change minds or not all of them but it can serve to let people know that hateful, despicable behavior, words and actions are not acceptable and will result in a *gasp* loss of popularity (of some people) and perhaps some negative financial consequences. And it can perhaps stem the spread of hateful attitudes and behaviors. God knows what we have been doing has not worked and has only led us to Donald Trump.

It goes to show even the blacks with a history of oppression can be oppressive.

Last year in a conversation with a black guy I met he claimed the reason black music artists use offense and extreme language is because Jews control the muisc business. Jews force the language to increase sales.

The thing is Jews practice their religion and rituals without bothering anyone. Unlike the in your face Christians which are anoying to say the least..

It came out Mormons were baptizing dead Jews from the Holocaust in a ceremony.
No one who knows anything about Kanye West has ever claimed that Kanye West doesn't say shitty things. But that's no excuse for trying to emulate that conduct.

"I questioned the death of George Floyd and it hurt my people and it hurt the black people so I wanna apologise. Because right now God has shown me by what Adidas is doing and by what the media is doing - I know how it feels to have a knee on my neck now."

With that total lack of awareness I genuinely amazed Kanye has lived so long and not get wiped out by oncoming traffic. He then went on to say how God had chosen him and rattles off companies that have Jewish executives.

View attachment 40921
The top right headline does not apply, lol
So, let's see here. Opinion piece, opinion piece, opinion piece and an alleged NPR story I can't find anywhere that might have been an opinion piece.

Is your point that Ye didn't say anything out of bounds for an opinion piece?

Kanye (like Trump) doesn't have a monopoly on influence. I agree with many other things you said (on my phone plus never able to do a Bomb#20 level response but the black community has an extremely dynamic influence. I'll leave it at that.
Challenge accepted![/neilpatrickharris]

All I can offer in Kanye's defense is at least he's an equal opportunity bigot. He called atheism the ultimate white privilege. :devil:

View attachment 40921
So, let's see here. Opinion piece, opinion piece, opinion piece and an alleged NPR story I can't find anywhere that might have been an opinion piece.

Curious, who gives a fuck what he thinks. He posts this harmful nonsense all the time.

"I questioned the death of George Floyd and it hurt my people and it hurt the black people so I wanna apologise. Because right now God has shown me by what Adidas is doing and by what the media is doing - I know how it feels to have a knee on my neck now."

Yes, completely the same thing. Floyd tried to pass a fake $20 bill, resisted arrest, and was killed while be put in custody, and his death was covered up until a video appeared. You said some pretty fucked up shit, and lost contracts. Totally the same thing. #AllKaynesMatter

View attachment 40921

Curious, who gives a fuck what he thinks. He posts this harmful nonsense all the time.
Lots of people do. You ignore him and belittle him at your peril.

A5F5D357-476B-4FD9-B48A-9B8C0C890BDB.jpeg

E75B9123-8AC0-4370-B643-9A744A60BD2A.jpeg

528E1C24-90A7-49A6-802E-B24E23C23569.jpeg

His post has inspired copycats. He has influence and this makes his statements dangerous. And now that Musk has taken Twitter expect him to allow him to continue to spew his hatred and inspire others. Don’t underestimate these fuckers.

Wait, so Nazis have a black leader now? Interesting.

View attachment 40921

View attachment 40983

View attachment 40984

View attachment 40985

His post has inspired copycats. He has influence and this makes his statements dangerous. And now that Musk has taken Twitter expect him to allow him to continue to spew his hatred and inspire others. Don’t underestimate these fuckers.
I was referring to who Arctish was responding to.

Reactions: SLD
View attachment 40921

View attachment 40983

View attachment 40984

View attachment 40985

I was referring to who Arctish was responding to.
Fair enough. No one cares about IIDB posters. But others here have implied that no one cares what Kanye says and that’s simply not true. The man does have influence.

One of the biggest tricks is the Jewish producer of the Malcolm X biopic with Denzel Washington glossing over Malcolm X's opinions late in his life. He did not become a softy as shown in that movie.

This audio is enlightening

Also there is this picture of George Linclon Rockwell at a Nation of Islam meeting

Attachments

• lon4933-1280x864.jpg
    lon4933-1280x864.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 2
One of the biggest tricks is the Jewish producer of the Malcolm X biopic with Denzel Washington glossing over Malcolm X's opinions late in his life. He did not become a softy as shown in that movie.

Also there is this picture of George Linclon Rockwell at a Nation of Islam meeting

So Malcom X is the leader of the Nazis?

So Malcom X is the leader of the Nazis?

He was a multitasker.

"Leader" might be too strong a word, but there have always been only two qualifications to be a useful idiot... Kanye currently fulfills the first, and has always satisfied the second.

"Leader" might be too strong a word, but there have always been only two qualifications to be a useful idiot... Kanye currently fulfills the first, and has always satisfied the second.

Last I knew any affiliation is too strong an affiliation with anyone outside the master race.

Speaking of Kanye again, if he's such a big influence on the black community you'd think Trump would have won the black vote. :rimshot:

Back
Top Bottom