• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lauren Boebert’s American Dream

The resignation of Franken stands as a notable victory for the #MeToo movement, a development that garnered acquiescence from Republican ranks.
Know what a Pyrrhic Victory means?

It's like the Sanders supporters who disliked Clinton so much they wouldn't vote for her. She lost.
Became upset later when the winner in 2016 went on to do things like appoint 3 SCOTUS judges who ruled against RvW.
Tom

Word on the street is that quoting me isn't a prerequisite for broadcasting your random and immaterial musings.

The resignation of Franken stands as a notable victory for the #MeToo movement, a development that garnered acquiescence from Republican ranks.
It's only notable in that Dems called him out and he resigned, hardly put up a fight, and that it is one of the best examples of how Dems tend to hold people accountable on their own team more than not while Republicans go to the mat for any conservative no matter how depraved or criminal their behavior.

Franken's case is fairly notable in and of itself, but I would not call that a victory for #metoo. The notable victories of #metoo were taking down people like Weinstein and Epstein.

Local forum says

Thats nothing compared to what Jeffrey Epstein had in his video collection. The same people that made this public have the real dirt. Witness how they destroy America

and

Where is Epstein's client list and how come the media hasn't been focusing hardcore on what is easily the most explosive scandal of the century? You're going to tell me you have camera footage of Boebert during a play but no footage of someone bringing cocaine into the White House?

So yeah. The powers that be either set this up or are just playing it while ignoring the real scandals like Hunter doing lines in the oval office.

Franken's case is fairly notable in and of itself, but I would not call that a victory for #metoo.
They prevailed against a male.
Word on the street is that getting your way and bringing down a government official is a victory.
Tom

Adam Frisch was/is her opponent - he is running again. As soon as this incident occurred - I started getting donate to his campaign ads.:cool: I do not live in her district, but right next to it. Quinn's bar is in Aspen - Aspen loves Adam Frisch.

Bad review for his bar - the right is trying to cancel him here :poop:

Why would bobble head come to liberal Denver? She is not welcome.:devilish: Quinn got her here on a private jet?? Stayed at the Brown Palace?? Oh what fun for someone getting a divorce.;)

Inquiring minds want to know.

It's only notable in that Dems called him out and he resigned, hardly put up a fight, and that it is one of the best examples of how Dems tend to hold people accountable on their own team more than not while Republicans go to the mat for any conservative no matter how depraved or criminal their behavior.

Franken's case is fairly notable in and of itself, but I would not call that a victory for #metoo. The notable victories of #metoo were taking down people like Weinstein and Epstein.

Meanwhile, Republicans have no problems with voting for a pussy grabbing rapist.

Franken's case is fairly notable in and of itself, but I would not call that a victory for #metoo.
They prevailed against a male.
Word on the street is that getting your way and bringing down a government official is a victory.
Tom
Like that’s tough? Or a badge of honor?

You need a better neighborhood if that’s how things are on your street

Know what a Pyrrhic Victory means?

It's like the Sanders supporters who disliked Clinton so much they wouldn't vote for her. She lost.
Became upset later when the winner in 2016 went on to do things like appoint 3 SCOTUS judges who ruled against RvW.
Tom
Yeah… but Hilary really learned her lesson, didn’t she now??

Seriously though, they are consenting adults.
Who cares?
I sort of agree.

I mean, if the same people who were offended at every chance action of the Obamas - wearing a funny colored suit, switching seats at a concert, not wearing a flag pin lapel, encouraging children to eat vegetables blah blah - are defending this? They definitely get the Vulcan eyebrow from me.

But it's because they are wrong and hypocritical, not because they are right and hypocritical. If some politician goes to a Peter Paul and Mary concert, does twenty drugs and fellates five friendly hobos in a camper van after, I really do not care as long as they manage to show up for work sober on Monday. I have a million criticisms of Lauren Boebert, but "lets loose at concerts sometimes" isn't one, and engaging with media baiting like this immobilizes the country exactly when it needs to be in motion.
Exactly. I'll blame her for the vaping and the disruptions. I will only criticize the sex play if others were aware of it and that video doesn't give me the impression that they were.

Seriously though, they are consenting adults.
Who cares?
I sort of agree.

I mean, if the same people who were offended at every chance action of the Obamas - wearing a funny colored suit, switching seats at a concert, not wearing a flag pin lapel, encouraging children to eat vegetables blah blah - are defending this? They definitely get the Vulcan eyebrow from me.

But it's because they are wrong and hypocritical, not because they are right and hypocritical. If some politician goes to a Peter Paul and Mary concert, does twenty drugs and fellates five friendly hobos in a camper van after, I really do not care as long as they manage to show up for work sober on Monday. I have a million criticisms of Lauren Boebert, but "lets loose at concerts sometimes" isn't one, and engaging with media baiting like this immobilizes the country exactly when it needs to be in motion.
Exactly. I'll blame her for the vaping and the disruptions. I will only criticize the sex play if others were aware of it and that video doesn't give me the impression that they were.
Really? You think it's okay at a family show with lots of kids in attendance?

What if it was Mayor Pete and his husband? Then?

FYI, Beetlejuice is NOT a family show! It isn't Moulin Rouge... though honestly, minus the costumes, Moulin Rouge is probably more kid friendly than Beetlejuice. And anyone that brought kids to see Beetlejuice are more pondering about their error in the decision than wondering if a sitting House Representative is groping or getting groped next to them.
OMFG! It'd be the lead on Fox News for months.

Yes.
As I've shared before, I do hold parents responsible for their kids' experience, generally.
So yeah.

Mostly, the only problem I have with Boebert's performance is the attempt to trump the staff with "Don't you know who I am?" Other than that, not really.

I went to a Melissa Ethridge concert a few weeks ago. It was in a delightfully small venue, indoors.
Pot is illegal here. The whole place reeked of it. Vape, I presume. I dunno.

I didn't care. To me, it was nostalgic. I have not been interested in "partaking" in decades. But it just wouldn't be a proper rock concert without that smell. I liked it.
Tom

Now a PG-13 Venue (rated for ages 10 and up) is just like being at a rock concert. All for the love of rubbing that moral compass against holding parents accountable.

Next thing you know Disney Magic Kingdom will be equivalent to Wynn Las Vegas.

For me, yeah, I’m fine with it.

It was in the dark, at a show in progress, and I didn’t see any little kids within a dozen or more seats of them. The cameras was infra-red because it was dark.

Back
Top Bottom