• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

If Trump did do some bad things he would have learned it well from his political predecessors.
IF???
That fucker has been doing “wrong” for decades before he was ever in politics. Your ignorance of the man is profound. But unfortunately common.
Then please enlighten my ingnorance. When it comes to spending actual jail time in the cell, what really is the difference between Trump and Hillary? You can claim Trump is in trouble all the time (and he is) but actually being convicted of anything criminal has not happened (at least to my knowledge).

Either Trump is not really as "wrong" as you believe or he is at least as skillful as Hillary is at keeping himself out of jail.

And what, pray, is Hillary supposed to be in jail for, that she was so skillful at keeping herself out of it?
Come on Man! If hosting kid sex parties in a basement so that aliens from the planet Chestrarth IV isn't a crime deserving of jail time, then no crime deserves jail time.
Compare/contrast: attending kid sex parties on a private island that actually exists and has been documented.

If Trump did do some bad things he would have learned it well from his political predecessors.
IF???
That fucker has been doing “wrong” for decades before he was ever in politics. Your ignorance of the man is profound. But unfortunately common.
Then please enlighten my ingnorance. When it comes to spending actual jail time in the cell, what really is the difference between Trump and Hillary? You can claim Trump is in trouble all the time (and he is) but actually being convicted of anything criminal has not happened (at least to my knowledge).

Either Trump is not really as "wrong" as you believe or he is at least as skillful as Hillary is at keeping himself out of jail.
Trump used daddies money and influence to hire lawyers and thugs to intimidate people with bullying tactics to cover up his illegal actions. That's how he avoided being arrested for his criminality for so long. The years of his illegal activity are all coming back around to bite him in the ass.

I find it rather disgusting that some people might attempt to use spending time in a prison cell as a measure of how much of a fucking criminal someone is.

Let's note that one time one guy was in a picture then with Epstein, and then ignore the actual friendship, numerous interactions, plentiful business, and of course thinly veiled allusions to Epstein's pedophilia and trafficking made by someone that is apparently only "unwise" because they opened their mouth about crimes rather than because they committed them.

On one hand there are stunning admissions that this "unwisdom" happened, which directly supports the contention that crimes were committed, and then on the other hand... Completely looking away from that other admission and claiming that they didn't, anyway!
I mention jail time because it is a data point that can't be talked around politicially. Either you were convicted with enough evidence to go to jail or you haven't. There is no ambiquity...its a binary one or a zero. And the justice sytem for Trump is and will be the same justice system that Hillary and the rest of them operate in.
That is true. Do I think the Clintons were pristine or uncorruptible? Absolutely not. But there are degrees of corruption and vileness, and I think there is overwhelming evidence to anyone who pays attention that on the corruption scale Mr. Trump is magnitudes higher than Mrs or Mr. Clinton (even combined).
If anything, all I'm attempting to do is bring actual facts into the conversation.
No, you are using a pointless "whataboutism". Mr. Trump's possession of classified documents is a felony violation of federal law. His refusal to return those documents after multiple requests is a fact. If those documents had been returned in a timely fashion (let alone not taken at all), there would have been no need for a search warrant and the time, effort and resources it took to retrieve the documents.

Weren't the Rosenbergs executed for something similar? Back when America was Great?
Tom

I find it rather disgusting that some people might attempt to use spending time in a prison cell as a measure of how much of a fucking criminal someone is.

Let's note that one time one guy was in a picture then with Epstein, and then ignore the actual friendship, numerous interactions, plentiful business, and of course thinly veiled allusions to Epstein's pedophilia and trafficking made by someone that is apparently only "unwise" because they opened their mouth about crimes rather than because they committed them.

On one hand there are stunning admissions that this "unwisdom" happened, which directly supports the contention that crimes were committed, and then on the other hand... Completely looking away from that other admission and claiming that they didn't, anyway!
I mention jail time because it is a data point that can't be talked around politicially. Either you were convicted with enough evidence to go to jail or you haven't. There is no ambiquity...its a binary one or a zero. And the justice sytem for Trump is and will be the same justice system that Hillary and the rest of them operate in.
That is true. Do I think the Clintons were pristine or uncorruptible? Absolutely not. But there are degrees of corruption and vileness, and I think there is overwhelming evidence to anyone who pays attention that on the corruption scale Mr. Trump is magnitudes higher than Mrs or Mr. Clinton (even combined).
If anything, all I'm attempting to do is bring actual facts into the conversation.
No, you are using a pointless "whataboutism". Mr. Trump's possession of classified documents is a felony violation of federal law. His refusal to return those documents after multiple requests AND A SUBPEONA is a fact. If those documents had been returned in a timely fashion (let alone not taken at all), there would have been no need for a search warrant and the time, effort and resources it took to retrieve the documents.
Added a little for you.

Trump also lied to the FBI and said everything he had was returned. Another crime.

IF???

Here is a link to a Trump administration State Department report on the Clinton email server. Key details:

Trump State Department said:
APD Uncovered No Persuasive Evidence of Systemic Misuse Relative to the Deliberate
Introduction of Classified Information to
Unclassified Systems (emphasis theirs)

While there were some instances of classified information being inappropriately introduced into
an unclassified system in furtherance of expedience, by and large, 'the individuals interviewed
were aware of security policies and did their best to implement them in their operations.
Correspondence with the Secretary is inherently sensitive, and is therefore open for broad
interpretation as to classification, particularly with respect to Foreign Government Information.
Instances of classified information being deliberately transmitted via unclassified email were the
rare exception and resulted in adjudicated security violations. There was no persuasive evidence
of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.

That is why Hillary Clinton is not in jail for misuse of classified documents. And in fact, people who did deserve admonishment/sanctions received them.

Is your ignorance at least partially enlightened?

IF???

Here is a link to a Trump administration State Department report]on the Clinton email server. Key details:
Trump State Department said:
APD Uncovered No Persuasive Evidence of Systemic Misuse Relative to the Deliberate
Introduction of Classified Information to
Unclassified Systems (emphasis theirs)

While there were some instances of classified information being inappropriately introduced into
an unclassified system in furtherance of expedience, by and large, 'the individuals interviewed
were aware of security policies and did their best to implement them in their operations.
Correspondence with the Secretary is inherently sensitive, and is therefore open for broad
interpretation as to classification, particularly with respect to Foreign Government Information.
Instances of classified information being deliberately transmitted via unclassified email were the
rare exception and resulted in adjudicated security violations. There was no persuasive evidence
of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.

That is why Hillary Clinton is not in jail for misuse of classified documents. And in fact, people who did deserve admonishment/sanctions received them.

Is your ignorance at least partially enlightened?
Not to mention that using outside email systems weren't illegal at the time and it was Colin Powell that recommended she do so.

Now most all of Trump's top officials have been doing the same even though it is now illegal to do so.

I'm so far from an expert I'm laughable, expressing an opinion on this.

But as I understand it.
From WikiLeaks to Snowden, Hillary's private server turned out to be more secure than the government's.
Much less the DNC's.

Maybe that's why her predecessor, Colin Powell, gave her system a thumbs up.
Tom

But as I understand it.
From WikiLeaks to Snowden, Hillary's private server turned out to be more secure than the government's.
Much less the DNC's.

Tom

That defense wouldn't work if there was intentional misuse of classified material, and if fact would probably make things worse. It's not for the individual to decide what are appropriate measures to take.

The WSJ is publishing some of the things that were recovered yesterday, including 11 sets of highly classified, top secret documents. I'm watching MSNBC right now. Trump may claim that he declassified the documents, but apparently there is a procedure that needs to be followed. Let's hope this finally gets Trump convicted of a crime, although I'm pretty sure he will claim he didn't know that these documents were so important or some other bullshit like that!

The WSJ is publishing some of the things that were recovered yesterday, including 11 sets of highly classified, top secret documents. I'm watching MSNBC right now. Trump may claim that he declassified the documents, but apparently there is a procedure that needs to be followed. Let's hope this finally gets Trump convicted of a crime, although I'm pretty sure he will claim he didn't know that these documents were so important or some other bullshit like that!
No rational person would believe Trump had declassified anything at this point.

If the documents are related to U.S. nuclear capabilities, the President can't just declassify them. The Atomic Energy Acts of 1946 and 1954 pretty much gave nuclear related stuff its own category of classification that the President alone can't declassify. Just being related to nuclear information automatically makes a document sort of nuclear-classified and it can only be declassified by an act of congress, as they say, though I don't know how literal that part may be.

But as I understand it.
Much less the DNC's.

Tom
Yeah? Well, BINGOZZY!

OK, let's just compare search warrants. How many was Hillary served with? ANY other POTUS or POTUS candidate?

When's the last time a POTUS has been charged with treason, as it appears Trump is about to be charged?

Here's a Twitter thread on that procedure. Just saying "I declassified them" ain't it.

Back
Top Bottom