• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

What do they plan to do? Randomly shoot every non white and every white suspected of being a democrat?
That's ridiculous. They won't do it randomly.
Oh? Will there be interviews first? Just famous people? How is this s'posed to work?
I dunno, but there's bound to be a nice, orderly system. The original nazis used Hollerith Tabulators, but database technologies have advanced a lot since then.

Intelligence is the ability to develop plans that will get you what you want in the most general way possible.

The more general the methodology is to develop plans that will get you what you want, the more intelligent you are.

Some people, however unintelligent yet charismatic, have the ability to spew keywords that will get various kinds of homo sapiens to dumbly nod their head and give them what they want.

Often this merely involves them thinking you have money, in the echoing false assumption that somehow some of that money will be theirs.

This is not intelligence. This is just well placed stupidity. And evil.

Other times, there's something much more cunning in that seat, and it doesn't give a shit that the party's gonna end because they're gonna have a good time, and they have already spawned but "who cares, fuck em". Even so, it works hard, plans plans, sees what shit it can fuck up.

This IS intelligence. And evil.

Some people like chaos and don't care who it hurts.

I recognize this as someone who likes chaos a bit too much themselves, and does care.

Think of someone you find intelligent, and disturbingly so, and think what they could do if they just didn't care about consequences and they were insulated from people who might?

That's what's going on here and thinking they're stupid just because they are brazenly evil does not fly well.

Someone can be a fucked up, intelligent evil monster.

Florida Man insists there's nothing weird in his safe, he just doesn't want the FBI looking at it.

The fact that actual people fall under the umbrella of your post is the problem. What I mean is, it's like a narrator telling the voter everything yet the voter still falls into the Select a) Trump bad or B) Democrats bad without once asking themselves: Why the hell are we treating real world issues like a choose your own adventure book?
C)
64210991.jpg

Talking heads are saying this is good news for Trump, that he was hoping for this! Campaign donations have been slow; this should perk them up. If the only crime is misplacing documents — comparable perhaps to an overdue library book —
That explains it! This guy must have ordered the raid!
seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

DoJ and the Ds will look like vindictive prigs and Trump's re-election chance will soar.
I think you are right. This makes DOJ look really political. Add the ridiculously partisan handing of 2020 #BLM domestic terrorists like Montez Lee (arson where he killed a man; prosecutor played defense and argued for a sentence half the federal guidelines because he admired the political reasons why Lee did it) and Colinford Mattis/Urooj Rahman (manufactured, distributed and used - against an NYPD vehicle - incendiary devices but are getting a sweetheart 18-24 month deal).

There is Mussolini Fascist and then there is Nazi Fascist. The Nazis weren't the brightest, but they made Mussolini look like the blithering idiot he was. Trump is Mussolini, DeSantis is more Nazi.

And there is the disgusting hyperbole. I guess Biden is Trotsky and AOC is Stalin then?

Wouldn't Biden be the Stalin and Bernie the Trotsky? AOC has no power to begin with, she's more the Red Emma type. Gets a lot of press for being a loud sideliner, but doesn't really know how to play politics.

Wouldn't Biden be the Stalin and Bernie the Trotsky? AOC has no power to begin with, she's more the Red Emma type. Gets a lot of press for being a loud sideliner, but doesn't really know how to play politics.
No, except that "Uncle Joe" would fit. Trotsky started with the Mensheviks - the more moderate wing - but became a Bolshevik later. That mirrors Biden governing much more to the left than he was for decades.
AOC has no power - yet - but she is still young and Stalin gained power later than this period of Bolshevik-Menshevik struggles.

I admit - I may have put a wee bit too much thought into my silly parody of "Oh n0ez!!1!!!one GOP are teh Nazis!!!!!one!!1" hysteria in this thread.

I agree that this makes the FBI appear political to the ignorants who don’t know what is required for this sort of thing to take place. The FBI was surely aware of the blowback the move would cause, which is all the more reason to think this is serious.

The biggest irony of all this is that after executing a lawful search warrant signed by a federal judge on a man who sleeps with a transcript of Hitler's speeches and once called white supremacists very fine people, Q-tards think it's the FBI who are acting like nazis. I can't even imagine the mental gymnastic required for that one.

Also, gotta love the Daily Show:

There is Mussolini Fascist and then there is Nazi Fascist. The Nazis weren't the brightest, but they made Mussolini look like the blithering idiot he was. Trump is Mussolini, DeSantis is more Nazi.

And there is the disgusting hyperbole. I guess Biden is Trotsky and AOC is Stalin then?
No hyperbole. Analogy regarding fascists and capabilities. DeSantis isn't putting up any camps. But he sure the fuck got people in Florida killed by Covid-19 for political gain... and that isn't what makes him more like a Nazi either!

The biggest irony of all this is that after executing a lawful search warrant signed by a federal judge on a man who sleeps with a transcript of Hitler's speeches and once called white supremacists very fine people, Q-tards think it's the FBI who are acting like nazis. I can't even imagine the mental gymnastic required for that one.

Also, gotta love the Daily Show:

Mental gymnastics indeed. My father in law is a Vietnam combat veteran and longtime proud conservative Catholic. He has pictures of Trump and Trump memorabilia all over their house including a really bad framed picture of Trump hugging the American Flag and a framed picture of Trump as the MAGA KING both on their mantle to display in their living room. Then there are the Gabbards and Steins and various other truther types that were anti-Republican back in the Bush days that are fully convinced that the Democrats are the deep state and that the FBI is a long time tool of the left to persecute Republicans. It is insane.

Intelligence is the ability to develop plans that will get you what you want in the most general way possible.
No it's not.

Intelligence is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
Knowledge is facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
Skills is The ability to do something well; expertise.

Did Hitler have/acquire the facts/information? IMO he did not, which is half of what he needed to be intelligent. He was a stupid evil person not an intelligent evil person. There were just the right amount of dense people in power to play along and bully the canaille into joining their incredibly foolish cause.

Edit: Judging by how some members of our three arms of government, the press and American people are behaving these days I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking we have a problem with stupid in this country.

No it's not
So, you assert that intelligence is not what I assert it to be. That's fine. But do you recognize the capability I call intelligence and that any attempt to look away from or obscure the fact that evil people have it all the same as people who care about one another is exceedingly dangerous?

Note, one of the reasons I got into software design and computer science in general was to study intelligence: Artificial intelligence; Meat intelligence; Chemical and systemic intelligence; Adaptive mechanical system intelligence. All this to the end of actually creating general intelligence in something not made of meat.

I describe Hitler as unintelligent but charismatic. And evil.

I describe Trump and Mussolini as even less intelligent and charismatic/deceptive. And evil.

I describe DeSantis as more intelligent than Hitler. And evil.

So, you assert that intelligence is not what I assert it to be. That's fine. But do you recognize the capability I call intelligence and that any attempt to look away from or obscure the fact that evil people have it all the same as people who care about one another is exceedingly dangerous?
I did not assert what intelligence means I'm using a definition established well before I was born (other people asserted it). I'm also neither looking away from nor obscuring facts. We are talking about a specific evil person; not all of them. That specific evil person I called stupid is Hitler. Yes, there were intelligent evil people (I won't mention any to avoid another derail).

Note, one of the reasons I got into software design and computer science in general was to study intelligence: Artificial intelligence; Meat intelligence; Chemical and systemic intelligence; Adaptive mechanical system intelligence. All this to the end of actually creating general intelligence in something not made of meat.

I presume that you acquired the knowledge (facts) and had the ability to do something well with it. Hitler didn't have the facts. Imagine if you didn't, how intelligent would your something not made of meat be & how intelligent would that make you?

I describe Hitler as unintelligent but charismatic. And evil.
Accurate

I describe Trump and Mussolini as even less intelligent and charismatic/deceptive. And evil.
Accurate

I describe DeSantis as more intelligent than Hitler. And evil.
Accurate.

They're all stupid because they fail(ed) to acquire the facts/information needed to do something well. Not sure how recognizing why they are dumb and that they are dense is somehow a danger to intelligent people's efforts in stopping them. In fact, feeding the general public the idea that these idiots are capable of outsmarting them because they are "intelligent" is actually more dangerous than telling them the facts. Such as these idiots are basing their ideas on the wrong information, here is the real information, now let's do something about it. Much better than giving the impression that these people have the facts; they're just doing evil with those facts.

other people asserted it
And so those other people are also asserting things that they don't fully support or understand.

It's not my fault, or even yours that the idea of intelligence was spawned before the understanding of it, and long argued from shaky semantic grounds.

Rest assured that reality doesn't give a shit and that there are very self-interested people who don't give a shit about and don't really believe in the existence of anyone beyond themselves, and are cunning in how to fulfill their own desires whenever they think they can get away with it, and for whom their thought that they can get away with it is accurate, because they have a high degree of what I call intelligence.

 Some
people accomplish similar goals with  Charisma or  strength.

They are not basing ideas on wrong information. They are basing them instead on pursuing unacceptable socially destructive goals.

It is dangerous calling anything stupid merely because of the socially destructive goals.

2 hr drive today, so checked the AM dial... you’d swear Trump and his family are in prison at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom