• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

Probably every day more rats are turning on him. Trying to cut a deal before they get thrown under the bus.

And I fully expect that if Trump looks like he is going to be convicted, he will try to cut a deal and take everyone down with him. Now THAT will be a very interesting day.

Probably every day more rats are turning on him. Trying to cut a deal before they get thrown under the bus.
Trump's history makes that an increasingly interesting possibility every day.
Tom

WSJ says informant told FBI there may be more classified documents at Mar-o-Lago.

article said:
CNN previously reported that investigators from the FBI and the DOJ met with Trump attorneys at Mar-a-Lago in June, seeking more information about classified material that had been taken to Florida after Trump departed the White House. Following that meeting, where investigators looked around the room where the documents were being stored, the Wall Street Journal reports that "someone familiar with the stored papers told investigators there may be still more classified documents at the private club" beyond what Trump turned over to the National Archives earlier this year.
My problem with this is that I have a hard time thinking a Judge is signing off on a warrant to look for classified documents that "might" be there.

WSJ says informant told FBI there may be more classified documents at Mar-o-Lago.

article said:
CNN previously reported that investigators from the FBI and the DOJ met with Trump attorneys at Mar-a-Lago in June, seeking more information about classified material that had been taken to Florida after Trump departed the White House. Following that meeting, where investigators looked around the room where the documents were being stored, the Wall Street Journal reports that "someone familiar with the stored papers told investigators there may be still more classified documents at the private club" beyond what Trump turned over to the National Archives earlier this year.
My problem with this is that I have a hard time thinking a Judge is signing off on a warrant to look for classified documents that "might" be there.
I'm reminded again of a county prosecutor I met who had a 100 percent conviction rate. When he was asked how he got that, his answer was simple: He didn't take a case to trial unless he was 100 percent certain he would win. My guess is that the FBI knew exactly what they were looking for.

Even the FBI would be more stringent regarding a search of a President's property... but I'd bet the Judge signing off on the warrant would be even more stringent.

AG Garland pretty much just said 'I can't say anything, that is how this shit works. Those questioning us and saying awful things should go fuck themselves.' I'm paraphrasing.

Garland also put Cheato on the spot by requesting the warrant and affidavit be released. Cheato (I predict) will have to move to keep that from happening.
Claims of FBI overreach will be laid bare either way.

Biden revoked Trump's security clearance a long time ago. he's not supposed to even look at that stuff.

Garland also put Cheato on the spot by requesting the warrant and affidavit be released. Cheato (I predict) will have to move to keep that from happening.
Indeed. The "this needs to be fully vetted" crowd has their tyranny boners deflate a bit with DoJ asking to unseal this almost immediately. We'll wait for Trump's move.

Indeed. The "this needs to be fully vetted" crowd has their tyranny boners deflate a bit with DoJ asking to unseal this almost immediately. We'll wait for Trump's move protest.

FIFY

Fox News is telling people that the DOJ "has been ordered" to unseal the warrant.
😂
😂
😂
Yes, they're saying this openly with straight faces.

By noon tomorrow, Trump will have lodged his formal protest to the release of the contents of the affidavit and the search warrant for Merde-a-Lardo.
That should level the field a bit.

Fox News is telling people that the DOJ "has been ordered" to unseal the warrant. Yes, they're saying this openly with straight faces.

Ordered by whom? Tucker Carlson?

By noon tomorrow, Trump will have lodged his formal protest to the release of the contents of the affidavit and the search warrant for Merde-a-Lardo.
That should level the field a bit.

Fox News is telling people that the DOJ "has been ordered" to unseal the warrant. Yes, they're saying this openly with straight faces.

Ordered by whom? Tucker Carlson?
Ordered the same way @bilby commands their dog...

So obviously the same Fox people had been calling for Trump to release it. Right?

Back
Top Bottom