• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Me Too" Judge Roy Moore

To be fair, nowhere in the Ten Commandments does it say that thou shalt not to put a 14 year old's hand on thy boner. So, you can't really fault him.

Seems he is a grifter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.539661a71fd7

Former Alabama judge Roy Moore, a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, once said publicly that he did not take a “regular salary” from the small charity he founded to promote Christian values because he did not want to be a financial burden.
But privately, Moore had arranged to receive a salary of $180,000 a year for part-time work at the Foundation for Moral Law, internal charity documents show. He collected more than $1 million as president from 2007 to 2012, compensation that far surpassed what the group disclosed in its public tax filings most of those years.
----
In recent weeks, the Campaign Legal Center, a watchdog group in Washington, accused the charity of openly promoting Moore’s Senate campaign through a Facebook page titled “Foundation for Moral Law.” Charities are prohibited by law from supporting or opposing political candidates.
-----

Sleazy as hell.

The question is why should we believe he has matured since then in any way.
I already know that he is not very mature based on his religious beliefs and much of his politics.

I suspect he rapped himself in his religious beliefs to shield him from his baser instincts.

So it seems like it was a consensual relationship, and the only thing wrong was that she was a year and a half or so younger than the arbitrary legal threshold. Looking at the  age of consent map, it looks like the young prosecutor and even younger Miss Leigh would have been fine in much of Latin America and even Europe. And as far as the other two girls, they were legal, so no problem there.

It is also predicated on the woman telling the entire truth. I am not saying she is lying, but we do not know one way of the other. She could also be mostly telling the truth, but embellishing key points, such as her level of aggressiveness.

This #metoo nonsense is putting Democrats in danger of becoming more puritan than Republicans. Everything is "harassment" or "assault" these days.

Well, I don't know about that. Since when has an out of control witch hunt based on spurious and unconfirmed allegations been any kind of danger?

The 14 year old's story sounds very credible. Friends recalled her talking about it at the time, which is as much confirmation as you can expect in such a case.

So it seems like it was a consensual relationship, and the only thing wrong was that she was a year and a half or so younger than the arbitrary legal threshold. Looking at the  age of consent map, it looks like the young prosecutor and even younger Miss Leigh would have been fine in much of Latin America and even Europe. And as far as the other two girls, they were legal, so no problem there.

It is also predicated on the woman telling the entire truth. I am not saying she is lying, but we do not know one way of the other. She could also be mostly telling the truth, but embellishing key points, such as her level of aggressiveness.

This #metoo nonsense is putting Democrats in danger of becoming more puritan than Republicans. Everything is "harassment" or "assault" these days.

Roy Moore was a pedophile. Suck it up. It is going to be interesting to watch this unfold and if it will sink the old bastard's election effort. That will be December 12. How much sleaze will the Alabama electorate tolerate?

All of it, judging by the local republican reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, nowhere in the Ten Commandments does it say that thou shalt not to put a 14 year old's hand on thy boner. So, you can't really fault him.

Damn near spit my beer.

Fuckin' funny.

Well, I don't know about that. Since when has an out of control witch hunt based on spurious and unconfirmed allegations been any kind of danger?

The 14 year old's story sounds very credible. Friends recalled her talking about it at the time, which is as much confirmation as you can expect in such a case.

I agree. Sounds credible. Also, the others were young when he went after them:
Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.983eb655644a

He gave the 18 year old wine when legal drinking limit was 19. Not terrible but he was trying to get her drunk so she couldn't think straight...

That's Roy Moore for ya..."hey, there's nothing on these stone tablets that says you can't try to fuck a teenage girl, so it must be okay...right?"

The spaceman is watching all the boners and vaginas. Creepy, I know.

Someone defended Moore by saying that an older Joseph and a younger Mary made Jesus. So there.

Someone defended Moore by saying that an older Joseph and a younger Mary made Jesus. So there.

I thought the whole point was that Joseph never touched her?

On the other hand, Yahweh was infinitely older than Mary; Now that's what you would call an unreasonable age gap.

I thought the whole point was that Joseph never touched her?

On the other hand, Yahweh was infinitely older than Mary; Now that's what you would call an unreasonable age gap.

I was hoping to see someone directly* point out the Virgin part of the Virgin Mary. On the 10 commandments thing; if he was married at the time he was definitely violating one of the commandments on those tablets he so reveres. Are they the 10 suggestions when applied to himself or his social/political allies, but the commandments when applied to his adversaries?

*I don't feel like messing with quote tags.

He gave the 18 year old wine when legal drinking limit was 19. Not terrible but he was trying to get her drunk so she couldn't think straight...

Hey, what guy in his mid 30ies hasn't plied an underage cheerleader with cheap wine to try to take advantage of her?

Hey, what guy in his mid 30ies hasn't plied an underage cheerleader with cheap wine to try to take advantage of her?

I know you're joking but... I'm not saying that it isn't something people have or have not done or how often or even judging, though maybe I should be or maybe not, but this guy has built himself up on reputation of morality, prudishness, the rule of law, marital fidelity, chastity, abstinence, and other alleged conservative bedrock principles. So hypocrisy ought to be pointed out. If one looks at his other behaviors, too, like his treatment of lesbian woman when he was a judge, it's clear why there is a logical inconsistency. It's always clear with conservatives--being conservative is most often usually not really about being what conservatives allege, but instead about protecting the power structure, the hierarchy. This is also why the most conservative of his followers will also forsake principles to protect him.

Oh, shucks, I haven't. I'm in my 50s now.
Who do I target to catch up? 28 year olds or 8 year olds?

I know you're joking but... I'm not saying that it isn't something people have or have not done or how often or even judging, though maybe I should be or maybe not, but this guy has built himself up on reputation of morality, prudishness, the rule of law, marital fidelity, chastity, abstinence, and other alleged conservative bedrock principles. So hypocrisy ought to be pointed out. If one looks at his other behaviors, too, like his treatment of lesbian woman when he was a judge, it's clear why there is a logical inconsistency. It's always clear with conservatives--being conservative is most often usually not really about being what conservatives allege, but instead about protecting the power structure, the hierarchy. This is also why the most conservative of his followers will also forsake principles to protect him.

When I was young (talking teens here, not 30s), foolish and horny as hell, I am sure I indulged in some activities that could land a person in jail these days. That was in the era of permissiveness - late '60s, and I was as "under-age" as anyone with whom I consorted. NEVER did I try to deceive, inebriate or otherwise coerce any woman or girl, make unwanted advances, let alone force myself on a female in any way resembling what that so-called judge is accused of having done. That poor girl was scarred and damaged by what the perv did to her - and he couldn't care less. The fucker should be tarred and feathered and run out of the country. But AL Trumptards have a long history of embracing their most corrupt, perverted and inept "leaders", as if giving the finger to every standard of decency to which they loudly claim to adhere.
I think it's highly likely that Moore will end up in the Senate despite any level of proof that he's a child molester.

I think it's highly likely that Moore will end up in the Senate despite any level of proof that he's a child molester.

Ya, that's the thing. It truly doesn't matter. He just needs to spend a month saying "fake news" and "liberal witch hunt" and his margin of victory will go from 10 points to 15 points, no matter what the evidence is or how many half-eaten children's skulls are found in his fridge. It's more important to voters that their side win than anything about the nature of that victory.

Ya, that's the thing. It truly doesn't matter. He just needs to spend a month saying "fake news" and "liberal witch hunt" and his margin of victory will go from 10 points to 15 points, no matter what the evidence is or how many half-eaten children's skulls are found in his fridge.

Yeah. Well, right now, he is claiming this is "Obama-Clinton" liberal media creating fake news. So you may be right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.07490e354c98

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

Nothingburger. It's not like the guy hasn't done plenty of despicable shit that is already public nollidge.

Pedophilia is a "nothingburger"?

If this is anything like the past times right wingers used the term nothingburger, that means Moore is guilty.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that's quite a bit of mental gymnastics to justify pedophilia. Doesn't your brain hurt after all that leaping and contorting? All of that stuff you did to try and justify the sister-fondler Josh Duggar has finally paid off!

- - - Updated - - -

Pedophilia is a "nothingburger"?
Pedophilia is sexual attraction to prepubescent children. A 14 year old is far from being prepubescent.

Wow, that's quite a bit of mental gymnastics to justify pedophilia. Doesn't your brain hurt after all that leaping and contorting?

Again, it's not pedophilia. And that many countries do not criminalize having consensual sex with 14 year olds should tip you off that it is not.

I am not saying that if these allegations are true that Moore did nothing wrong. Yes, it was against the law and it was quite a bit skeezy.

My points are:

- it is virtually impossible to determine what actually happened, if anything.
- she isn't even alleging that they had sex, so it's pretty minor. It's not like he is being accused of rape like Bill Clinton with Juanita Broderick, and those allegations did not hurt Slick Willy one bit.
- it was very long ago. Much worse things that people have done have been forgiven.
How can it be that alleged minor sexual misconduct 38 years ago impugnes Moore's character to such an extent that he is unworthy of US Senate when people who have done much worse things in 70s and 80s such as terrorist bombings, bank robberies or murders have no black mark on their character and are deemed worthy of being university professors. I am talking about people like Bob Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn and Kathy Boudin.
Yes, compared to terrorism low-level sexual misconduct is indeed nothingburger.

Back
Top Bottom