• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

CNN says Roger Stone was arrested by the FBI this morning:

CNN said:
Stone was indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia on seven counts, including one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering.

I'm surprised there isn't one for conspiracy.

ETA: The story has been updated to add:

CNN said:
"After the July 22, 2016, release of stolen (Democratic National Committee) emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Organization 1," prosecutors wrote.

The big question is, directed by whom?

ETA: The full indictment is here. This is a must-read, IMO.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought Trump would go down before Roger Stone. I think I'll watch Get Me Roger Stone again to celebrate.

Meanwhile back at the ranch....

Democrats in the Senate and House are opening investigations into money laundering from Deutsche Bank and Danske Bank. Vast sums of dirty Russian money passed through these banks, some of it apparently going into Trump related real estate and businesses. Attempts to investigate these things in the past failed due to GOP intransigence when they controlled the House. The House refused to do anything and lacking subpoena power, Deutsche Bank declined to testify voluntarily. So more shoes will be dropping over 2019.

It is going to be a fun year for FFvCS

CNN said:
Stone was indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia on seven counts, including one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering.

CNN said:
"After the July 22, 2016, release of stolen (Democratic National Committee) emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Organization 1," prosecutors wrote.

Somehow, despite the indictment telling a story that is almost exactly what most of us anticipated or suspected, it was still a jaw-dropper for me. Mueller's folks are far more on top of this shithole administration than I even suspected. But what's really disturbing is that the penalties related to all these charges are so light. I hope (for the sake of justice) that this is just a teaser, with the implication that if Roger doesn't come clean they're going to hammer him with some much more serious charges.
IMHO that guy is pure evil - not just a narcissistic egotist like shitgibbon, but a maleficent actor bent on actions destructive to the US and democracy in general. He should hang.

Somehow, despite the indictment telling a story that is almost exactly what most of us anticipated or suspected, it was still a jaw-dropper for me. Mueller's folks are far more on top of this shithole administration than I even suspected. But what's really disturbing is that the penalties related to all these charges are so light. I hope (for the sake of justice) that this is just a teaser, with the implication that if Roger doesn't come clean they're going to hammer him with some much more serious charges. IMHO that guy is pure evil - not just a narcissistic egotist like shitgibbon, but a maleficent actor bent on actions destructive to the US and democracy in general. He should hang.

My guess (or, at least, hope) is that all of this to hide the fact that Stone has turned state's evidence. It's like when cops arrest their informant along with everyone else to make it look like they weren't the rat.

Somehow, despite the indictment telling a story that is almost exactly what most of us anticipated or suspected, it was still a jaw-dropper for me. Mueller's folks are far more on top of this shithole administration than I even suspected. But what's really disturbing is that the penalties related to all these charges are so light. I hope (for the sake of justice) that this is just a teaser, with the implication that if Roger doesn't come clean they're going to hammer him with some much more serious charges.
IMHO that guy is pure evil - not just a narcissistic egotist like shitgibbon, but a maleficent actor bent on actions destructive to the US and democracy in general. He should hang.

It doesn't matter how "light" the penalties are for crimes that are covered up. Obstruction of justice and witness tampering are not "light" at all.
It's not illegal to receive a blowjob from someone other than your spouse.... but lying about it to investigators is.

CNN said:

CNN said:

So, no collusion. FFS.

Stone is a sad little psycho. When he came out of the court, the first thing he said was, "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Stone is a sad little psycho. When he came out of the court, the first thing he said was, "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

He and Trump are definitely cut from the same cloth. So is Giuliani.

Fox News’ Sean Hannity appears to have acted on directives from newly revealed Stone-WikiLeaks emails

ox News host Sean Hannity appears to have acted on directives from emails between President Donald Trump’s longtime political adviser Roger Stone and an intermediary who claimed to have communicated with WikiLeaks.

On Twitter, author Kurt Eichenwald points out that, among the details in the indictment of Stone, is a passage about WikiLeaks’ plan to leak emails suggesting Hillary Clinton was seriously ill and Sean Hannity’s focus on Clinton’s health in the following days.

This would be so beautiful if this took Hannity out too.

So, no collusion. FFS.

You actually quoted this in your response:
Stone indictment said:
a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Organization 1.

In what universe is that not "collusion"?

I think he means [Russian] collusion and is trying to say if group A colludes with group B while group B has colluded with group C, then group A has not necessarily colluded with group C. Let me write it out concretely.

Let "---" be an operator for "colludes with."

Trump Campaign --- WikiLeaks --- Russia
==/==>
Trump Campaign --- Russia

...which means Trausti is being quite a bit obtuse or disingenuous. This is because there are other parts to the indictment and there is a greater context of relationships, outreach, and coverups between the Trump campaign and Russia.

I think he means [Russian] collusion and is trying to say if group A colludes with group B while group B has colluded with group C, then group A has not necessarily colluded with group C. Let me write it out concretely.

==/==>

...which means Trausti is being quite a bit obtuse or disingenuous. This is because there are other parts to the indictment and there is a greater context of relationships, outreach, and coverups between the Trump campaign and Russia.
You need to keep each indictment in its own secret bubble to willfully ignore the overall context they all providing.

==/==>

You need to keep each indictment in its own secret bubble to willfully ignore the overall context they all providing.

... and every time you try to keep a bubble secret, you create another need for yet another a secret bubble, lest the attempts to keep the first bubble secret should come to light.
These guys are dug in so deep at this point that even if the underlying "crime" was jaywalking, there would be exposure to decades of incarceration for the coverups of coverups of coverups.
They've been lying about EVERYTHING from day one, and coordinating their lies - basically conspiring to obstruct justice.

Back
Top Bottom