• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Not in that meeting. He will magically be articulate and very very deliberate with everything he says.

These aren't going to be random questions. They are questions about his wrongdoing, the wrongdoing of his subordinates, including his sons. Unless you mean that he reverts to "I do not recall" to everything, which maybe you do, he's screwed.

I mean that what we see in regard to his public persona is likely radically different from the one that faces serious charges behind closed doors. He thinks he’s a mafia boss. He isn’t, of course, but he thinks he is one. In public, the mafia boss is all bravura and bold claims, but get them in an interrogation room and show them exactly how screwed they are and all that nonsense dissappears and it’s down to no bullshit self-survival and deals.

I guarantee you the Trump we see in public (and in his tweets) is nothing like the Trump that met with Obama for an hour, for example. But turn a camera on (or hand him his smartphone) and it’s the “reality TV star” persona full bore.

He’s a coward that hides behind a bully’s mask, but as with all such bullies, the minute you get them isolated and deflate them, they collapse like a rusted iron lung.

Not in that meeting. He will magically be articulate and very very deliberate with everything he says.

These aren't going to be random questions. They are questions about his wrongdoing, the wrongdoing of his subordinates, including his sons. Unless you mean that he reverts to "I do not recall" to everything, which maybe you do, he's screwed.

I mean that what we see in regard to his public persona is likely radically different from the one that faces serious charges behind closed doors. He thinks he’s a mafia boss. He isn’t, of course, but he thinks he is one. In public, the mafia boss is all bravura and bold claims, but get them in an interrogation room and show them exactly how screwed they are and all that nonsense dissappears and it’s down to no bullshit self-survival and deals.

I guarantee you the Trump we see in public (and in his tweets) is nothing like the Trump that met with Obama for an hour, for example. But turn a camera on (or hand him his smartphone) and it’s the “reality TV star” persona full bore.

He’s a coward that hides behind a bully’s mask, but as with all cowards, the minute you get them isolated and deflate them, they collapse like a rusted iron lung.
We see this all the time. With Obama, Chinese leader, European leaders... all tough talk on the Internetz, but in person he turns into a wuss.

The only time he hadn't, was the debates.

He’s a coward that hides behind a bully’s mask, but as with all such bullies, the minute you get them isolated and deflate them, they collapse like a rusted iron lung.

That theory depends on Trump having a clear idea of himself. I doubt he's that self aware. A reality where he is lacking or owes his success to others or to random fate are too threatening to him. He doesn't so much lie as rearrange his reality to suit his narcissism.

It's a big reason why his lawyers don't want Mueller interviewing him. He can't help himself.

That theory depends on Trump having a clear idea of himself. I doubt he's that self aware. A reality where he is lacking or owes his success to others or to random fate are too threatening to him. He doesn't so much lie as rearrange his reality to suit his narcissism.

It's a big reason why his lawyers don't want Mueller interviewing him. He can't help himself.

Hopefully. I'm just saying it's a distinct possibility that his public persona is not all there is to the man. Rat's in corners and all that. But then, this isn't Mueller's first rodeo, so if anyone can trip him up, it will be Mueller.

Hopefully. I'm just saying it's a distinct possibility that his public persona is not all there is to the man. Rat's in corners and all that. But then, this isn't Mueller's first rodeo, so if anyone can trip him up, it will be Mueller.

There's a political angle as well. If Mueller is too cunning, that will lend credence to the witch hunt charges. Imagine people feeling sorry for Trump!

I’d say you are both a somewhat right. Narcissists can and do somewhat shift behavior depending on circumstances. With that said, I don’t think FFvC is necessarily capable of a full 180 degree turn to deal with the Mueller team in private meetings. Also, when one lies extensively, it does become very difficult to keep all the BS coordinated. The lying seems to be much about creating the narrative and self-promotion. They do tend to dramatically change subjects when cornered by real facts. This is something that FFvC won’t be able to do in such interviews.

FWIW, I have two narcissists in my extended family. The less bright one really steps in it from time to time. Our containment of the 2 assholes is lots of conversational walls and 1500 miles.

As far as whether or not FFvC knows he is lying, I’d say it is hard to say…
https://esteemology.com/are-narciss...avior-considering-its-a-personality-disorder/
So is a Narcissist aware of his behavior and that what he’s doing is wrong? Yes and no. Some of their behaviors are so ingrained in their neural pathways that they’ve become habitual and they usually don’t give it much thought. But when a Narcissist is stalking prey and trying to get what he wants in the moment, for sure he is aware of what he’s doing. He has perfected his attack. He knows he’s misleading you, he just doesn’t care.

I’d say you are both a somewhat right. Narcissists can and do somewhat shift behavior depending on circumstances. With that said, I don’t think FFvC is necessarily capable of a full 180 degree turn to deal with the Mueller team in private meetings. Also, when one lies extensively, it does become very difficult to keep all the BS coordinated. The lying seems to be much about creating the narrative and self-promotion. They do tend to dramatically change subjects when cornered by real facts. This is something that FFvC won’t be able to do in such interviews.

FWIW, I have two narcissists in my extended family. The less bright one really steps in it from time to time. Our containment of the 2 assholes is lots of conversational walls and 1500 miles.

https://esteemology.com/are-narciss...avior-considering-its-a-personality-disorder/
So is a Narcissist aware of his behavior and that what he’s doing is wrong? Yes and no. Some of their behaviors are so ingrained in their neural pathways that they’ve become habitual and they usually don’t give it much thought. But when a Narcissist is stalking prey and trying to get what he wants in the moment, for sure he is aware of what he’s doing. He has perfected his attack. He knows he’s misleading you, he just doesn’t care.

That's very interesting. I wonder, tho, if being interrogated would put Trump in a predatory mode. I'd guess he'd more likely be defensive.

That's very interesting. I wonder, tho, if being interrogated would put Trump in a predatory mode. I'd guess he'd more likely be defensive.

In video of past depositions, Trump's mannerisms are docile and he doesn't seem well prepared. "Predatory" isn't a word I'd used to describe his likely behavior, unless it was a public fiasco like the 11 hours of bullshit Hillary had to endure. Then we'd probably see Trump Classic: boisterous, insulting, lying, not answering, wandering all over the place. It would certainly be entertaining, but a closed door session with Mueller and his team would be far more productive. There'd be no moment by moment spin to prevent his supporters from thinking, "Hey, he just lied."

But then again, they don't care if he lies because Obama and buttery males. There were Germans who went to their graves still believing in Hitler, and so it will go with some Trump supporters.

So John Dowd quits as Trump's lawyer. He had earlier stated that as Trump's counsel, it insisted that Mueller give up...
John Dowd said:
I pray that Acting Attorney General Rosenstein will follow the brilliant and courageous example of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility and Attorney General Jeff Sessions and bring an end to alleged Russia Collusion investigation manufactured by McCabe’s boss James Comey based upon a fraudulent and corrupt Dossier.

When The Daily Beast initially asked Dowd if he was speaking on behalf of the president, he answered, “Yes as his counsel.”
...then he reiterated that what he meant was he wanted Mueller to give up...
CNN said:
Dowd told CNN he was speaking on his own behalf, although he had earlier told the Daily Beast, which first reported the statement, that he was speaking on behalf of the President. Dowd's comment wasn't authorized by the President, a person close to the Trump told CNN. Dowd also later added to his statement, saying of the investigation: "Just end it on the merits in light of recent revelations."
Now has in his final reiteration indicated that He, himself, is giving up.
CNN said:
President Donald Trump's lead lawyer, John Dowd, has resigned from the President's personal legal team handling the response to the Russia investigation."I love the President and wish him well," Dowd said in a statement to CNN's Gloria Borger.

Dowd's resignation comes as Trump has stepped up his attacks on special counsel Robert Mueller and days after Dowd said in a statement the investigation should end, initially claiming he was speaking for the President before saying he was only speaking for himself

CNN said:
President Donald Trump's lead lawyer, John Dowd, has resigned from the President's personal legal team handling the response to the Russia investigation."I love the President and wish him well," Dowd said in a statement to CNN's Gloria Borger.

Dowd's resignation comes as Trump has stepped up his attacks on special counsel Robert Mueller and days after Dowd said in a statement the investigation should end, initially claiming he was speaking for the President before saying he was only speaking for himself

Meaning: "I love the President and wish him well, but I'm getting off this tug boat before it sinks."

Later,
ElectEngr

CNN said:

Meaning: "I love the President and wish him well, but I'm getting off this tug boat before it sinks."

Later,
ElectEngr
I think he was fired. I thought Cobb was the heavy hitter lawyer. Dowd fucked up over the weekend.

So John Dowd quits as Trump's lawyer.

CNN said:

This is a great way for the President to step away from that foolish statement, but Twitler will continue foolish tweets about it. He shouldn't be commenting about anything. A good lawyer would tell Grump to shut up months or a year ago now.

CNN is reporting

From CNN's Katelyn Polantz

At least four defense attorneys at major law firms were approached to join Trump’s legal team in recent weeks, according to multiple sources familiar with the inquiries.

The lawyers include...

Former US Solicitor General Ted Olson
Emmet Flood, who’s worked for multiple presidents
Robert Bennett, Bill Clinton’s attorney in the Paula Jones litigation.
All turned Trump down, for various reasons, including concern that the President doesn’t listen to his lawyers and that their law firms represented other clients that would pose conflicts, according to multiple sources familiar with the inquiries.

So Doonie and his trumpseter fire must go down to second tier law firms.

Is it even possible that any of those lawyers will NOT throw themselves in front of the car if Cheato is headed for a pow-wow with Mueller?
Is it possible that Cheato doesn't know that his chances of coming out unscathed from an interview with Mueller, are none and none?
I've been amazed before by what Cheato doesn't know... sure would be great if he defied his lawyers and blabbed his way into impeachment, then jail.

It seems to me that Trump has his perfect lawyer in Joseph DiGenova. DiGenova has earned his chops at Fox News through whip-smart investigative journalism that has exposed deep plots against Trump and his family. Finally, the truth can come out.

It seems to me that Trump has his perfect lawyer in Joseph DiGenova. DiGenova has earned his chops at Fox News through whip-smart investigative journalism that has exposed deep plots against Trump and his family. Finally, the truth can come out.

He's the "My Pillow" guy!

JED_1.jpgMike-Lindell_204.jpg

Jimmy Higgins, eat your sarcastic heart out.

Back
Top Bottom