• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Multiple casualties at Pittsburgh synagogue - Shooter says "All these Jews need to die"

I have not read much yet on this. But several comments on this thread cant possibly be correct.

How does Trump have anything to do with a shooter that doesnt like Jewish people? Does anyone remember that Trump's own son-in-law is Jewish? Does anyone remember that Trump is being showered in praise by Israel for moving our embassy to Jerusalem?

So Trump calls himself a nationist? Whats wrong with that? The most nationalistic country in the world is Switzerland and they carefully remain neutral not to side in any wars. I like the Swiss and want to consider myself a nationalist (as opposied to globalist) as well. Being a nationalist has NOTHING what so ever to do with shooting jews. It merely means you want your country to remain sovereign and nothing more.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/robe...2UaWaTStlZPFqNVRUO8k-1-O4UJqRe8AB9sGurNeADZI0

This guy

"Bowers was an active poster on an alternative version of Twitter, Gab, which is popular with white supremacists, white nationalists, members of alt-right groups and others who have been kicked off of mainstream social media sites. Bowers went by the moniker One Dingo, @onedingo, on the site. In his bio section, Bowers wrote, “jews are the children of satan. (john 8:44) — —- the lord jesus christ is come in the flesh.” Shortly after the shooting at the Tree of Life Congregation, Bowers’ Gab account was deleted. ... In a post a few days before the shooting, Bowers wrote, “Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist."

An alt-right terrorist to whom Trump is not extreme enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not read much yet on this. But several comments on this thread cant possibly be correct.

How does Trump have anything to do with a shooter that doesnt like Jewish people? Does anyone remember that Trump's own son-in-law is Jewish? Does anyone remember that Trump is being showered in praise by Israel for moving our embassy to Jerusalem?

So Trump calls himself a nationist? Whats wrong with that? The most nationalistic country in the world is Switzerland and they carefully remain neutral not to side in any wars. I like the Swiss and want to consider myself a nationalist (as opposied to globalist) as well. Being a nationalist has NOTHING what so ever to do with shooting jews. It merely means you want your country to remain sovereign and nothing more.

This is about another domestic right wing terrorist killing people.

There has been a rise in recent years in savage anti-Semitism in America. Egged on by rfar right extremist websites and on socia media. Despite this, there has been no action on part of Trump, or te GOP to at least warn off their followers to fight this anti-Semitism that now is part and parcel of the extreme right. Nor for that matter, the Democrats. Not from Faux news and the usual moron commentators there.

Perhaps it is time to demand action, and a more concentrated effort against racism from Trump, the GOP leadership, to dragoon the right winged press to deal with this which is rampant among the ranks of conservative partisans. Silence,or short but meaningless pro forma disavowels are not good enough. Wishes and prayers.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/robe...2UaWaTStlZPFqNVRUO8k-1-O4UJqRe8AB9sGurNeADZI0

This guy

"Bowers was an active poster on an alternative version of Twitter, Gab, which is popular with white supremacists, white nationalists, members of alt-right groups and others who have been kicked off of mainstream social media sites. Bowers went by the moniker One Dingo, @onedingo, on the site. In his bio section, Bowers wrote, “jews are the children of satan. (john 8:44) — —- the lord jesus christ is come in the flesh.” Shortly after the shooting at the Tree of Life Congregation, Bowers’ Gab account was deleted. ... In a post a few days before the shooting, Bowers wrote, “Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist."

An alt-right terrorist to whom Trump is not extreme enough.

- - - Updated - - -

This is about another domestic right wing terrorist killing people.

Yup. It's simply ANOTHER terrorist attack. Rumpsuckers are not terribly concerned because both of this week's terrorists are on their side. So they casually pay lip service to condemning the acts while carrying on with their not-so-tacit endorsements.

There has been a rise in recent years in savage anti-Semitism in America. Egged on by rfar right extremist websites and on socia media. Despite this, there has been no action on part of Trump, or te GOP to at least warn off their followers to fight this anti-Semitism that now is part and parcel of the extreme right. Nor for that matter, the Democrats. Not from Faux news and the usual moron commentators there.

Perhaps it is time to demand action, and a more concentrated effort against racism from Trump, the GOP leadership, to dragoon the right winged press to deal with this which is rampant among the ranks of conservative partisans. Silence,or short but meaningless pro forma disavowels are not good enough. Wishes and prayers.

They mostly don't care. The fundagelicals only care that the Jews are in Israel for end-times. The alt-right is an obviously useful voting block, and Jews have traditionally voted Dem. Plus pointing out that the party is lousy with racists, and that is been a building problem for decades ends up being an assertion that each Rep is a racist down-to-the-man due to the transitive property of Republican outrage - and from what I hear they spontaneously convert to racists if they hear it enough. I think it's like feeding Gremlins after midnight or something.

For people who don't have any Jewish people within 150 miles and encountering one might be a decadal occurrence, the concern quickly evaporates.

I dunno, probably has something to do with our president being an unhinged conspiracy theorist, which only further normalizes conspiratorial thinking in the U.S. (conspiratorial thinking is the whole reason why anti-semitism exists in the first place). By the way, you think Trump actually cares about anyone besides himself? That's funny.

What the hell is going on in my country? Have conservatives all completely lost their minds? They actually got what they wanted with Trump in office and still they have to push even more, trying to create a theocracy, an ethnic state, and scare all the liberal minded people away.

One word for y'all, and apologies for being repetitious:

VOTE!

And encourage your friends to do so as well.

It's pretty simple. Trump is the hero of the alt-right. They call him their "God-Emperor" and cheer him on at rallies as if he were a prophet. The movement is littered with White Nationalists and White Supremacists, and while Trump may be fond of Jared it is safe to say a whole lot of his followers are not. The Israel thing strikes me as more pandering to his evangelical base rather than a genuine love for the Holy Land.

Nationalism means a lot more than just wanting to "keep your country sovereign." Trump's brand of nationalism encompasses bullying and bigotry, and borders on White Nationalism like so many of his fans embrace. Proposing a "Muslim ban." Sharply curtailing immigration from brown countries. Painting entire ethnic groups as rapists and murderers (though some, I'm sure, are good people) and fear mongering about refugees and asylum seekers. And then there's the fact that he had to be dragged kicking and screaming to condemn the violence in Charlottesville.

Trump's nationalism is also not for all of America. In his world, America is only great when it is run by one party (or one man) and anyone not on board with his agenda is the enemy. He considers the press (an institution whose freedom is enshrined in our Constitution) to be the enemy of the people. He considers Democrats - who represent more than half of Americans - to be the enemy. He's barely able to contain his contempt for black Americans, and encourages violence against anyone he deems not part of his MAGA cult.

Oh, and there's also that thing where he sided with Russia against our own intelligence agencies, encouraged them to attack our political process, and declared his love for a dictator who continually threatens us with nuclear war.

Being a nationalist has NOTHING what so ever to do with shooting jews. It merely means you want your country to remain sovereign and nothing more.

That's like saying white power has nothing to do with hating other races, it just means you want to support your race. The terms have a history. "Nationalism" often entails xenophobia/racism, especially to other racists, especially anti-semites.

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/1054836137024544768

duke trump.jpg

While I have not observed Trump himself expressing hate against Jews, he has done nothing to dissuade his followers. When he fails to strongly condemn the Nazis and white supremacists who converged on Charlottesville, he is still enabling radical antisemitism within his rabid hateful fans.

Being a nationalist has NOTHING what so ever to do with shooting jews.

And yet I've never seen a nationalist who wasn't in some way a bigot. Nationalism also means believing your country is superior to others. It is itself a form of bigotry, essentially.

And don't ever forget that it's the general climate of hate and fear that arrived overnight with the orange nazi that enables scum like this.

Did your undisguised hatred of religion and your non-stop (spammy) hate speech against Christianity religion start with the election of Trump?

I am beginning to dislike Trump and his followers.
I dislike Trump too, but do you dislike him and his supporters more because of this shooting?

No. About the same really. This is what trump's rhetoric produces. It's what it has produced. It's what it will produce. There is no merit in supporting trump and there's no room for negotiation. Either it is wrong or nazism is ok.

And don't ever forget that it's the general climate of hate and fear that arrived overnight with the orange nazi that enables scum like this.

Reading of these events from Australia you have had shooting like this long before Trump was elected.
The climate of hate and fear of which you speak existed before Trump and will continue to exist after he is gone.

Why do you yanks shoot first and don't ask questions later?

A suspect is in custody after multiple people were killed and three officers were shot at a Pittsburgh synagogue, authorities said.

Police responded to reports of active gunfire at the Tree of Life*Or L’Simcha congregation, according to Pittsburgh Public Safety commander Jason Lando.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-responding-active-shooter-pittsburgh-synagogue/story?id=58790381

Police sources tell KDKA’s Andy Sheehan the gunman walked into the building and yelled, “All Jews Must die.” Sheehan confirmed that eight people were confirmed dead. Others had been shot but the extent of their injuries in unknown at this time.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...agogue-in-squirrel-hill/#.W9R8JJn-enc.twitter

He was reportedly armed with an AR-15 style weapon, along with at least 2 handguns.

Another "good guy with a gun"
No, he was a bad guy with a gun who could have been stopped, and was, by good guys with guns. Sad that whenever we have a gun tragedy, anti-gun people quickly dance on the bodies of the dead to push their anti-gun agenda.

Reading of these events from Australia you have had shooting like this long before Trump was elected.
The climate of hate and fear of which you speak existed before Trump and will continue to exist after he is gone.

Why do you yanks shoot first and don't ask questions later?
The bomber was following Trump's rhetoric. This shooter was following his own. He is so radical, he hates just about everyone.

Back
Top Bottom