• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Multiple casualties at Pittsburgh synagogue - Shooter says "All these Jews need to die"

You know that was sarcasm, right?

You know that text is a very poor form of communication since it lacks inflection, body language, tone and other cues used in normal human conversation so things like jokes and sarcasm don't carry well without an emoji to indicate such things.

As it is, if someone had a gun, the murderer may have been stopped long before the police showed up. Do you agree or disagree?

Disagree. The presence of a "good guy with a gun" doesn't cause shooters to turn tail and run.

Such shooters are cowards. This is why they don't go after groups of people with guns. When was the last time a mass murderer attacked a police convention? Take your time to research it. If you find one, great. If you don't, then consider "why".

Yeah... like military bases :rolleyes:

And a military base doesn't even have all the blacks segregated, jews segregated, muslims segregated into clusters where it's easy to kill a lot of your favorite enemies...
A religious establishment makes it much easier. And still, military bases get hit... go figure.

When was the last time a military base got "hit"? Short answer: 9 years ago. Much easier for nutjobs to "hit" churches and "gun free zones".

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...litary-Installations-in-the-US-223933651.html

Disagree. The presence of a "good guy with a gun" doesn't cause shooters to turn tail and run.

Such shooters are cowards. This is why they don't go after groups of people with guns. When was the last time a mass murderer attacked a police convention? Take your time to research it. If you find one, great. If you don't, then consider "why".

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you've never heard of the North Hollywood shootout.

Good guys with guns were Johnny on the spot. Shooters didn't care. 45 minutes of gun play, 18 casualties before the "cowards" were taken down.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you've never heard of the North Hollywood shootout.

Good guys with guns were Johnny on the spot. Shooters didn't care. 45 minutes of gun play, 18 casualties before the "cowards" were taken down.

Guess away. What is your bottom-line point? That an armed law-abiding citizen is as defenseless as an unarmed one? That guns should be banned? Please post clearly on what you are thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link. What learning points do you draw from this?

I suggest you read the list. Not interestimg in spoon feeding.

I did. Have a nice day, sir.

Yeah... like military bases :rolleyes:

And a military base doesn't even have all the blacks segregated, jews segregated, muslims segregated into clusters where it's easy to kill a lot of your favorite enemies...
A religious establishment makes it much easier. And still, military bases get hit... go figure.

When was the last time a military base got "hit"? Short answer: 9 years ago. Much easier for nutjobs to "hit" churches and "gun free zones".

When was the last time a mass shooting took place in a synagogue? Short answer: never, until now. Much easier for nutjobs to kill innocent people and police officers when people like you think everyone should have access to all the guns they want.

In the meantime, you are still dodging this question:

Do you think Robert Bowers should have had an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle and multiple handguns? Or no?

No, he was a bad guy with a gun who could have been stopped, and was, by good guys with guns. Sad that whenever we have a gun tragedy, anti-gun people quickly dance on the bodies of the dead to push their anti-gun agenda.

There is another way to look at that.

Guess away. What is your bottom-line point? That an armed law-abiding citizen is as defenseless as an unarmed one? That guns should be banned? Please post clearly on what you are thinking.

I thought I was clear earlier up the thread, but since you asked...

The idea that you're pushing - that a "good guy with a gun" on the scene is a fool proof deterrent and/or magical solution - is demonstrably bullshit.

Again, there are three trained, professional law enforcement officers currently in the hospital in Pittsburgh because the shooter was not deterred by the presence of good guys with guns.

The idea that bad guys will change their nefarious plans due to the presence of a stalwart civilian with a sidearm is frankly bonkers. Some friends of mine were actually involved in a shootout a few years back. In the aftermath I asked my friend who had a concealed carry permit what he would have done if he'd been there. His answer? "Get the fuck down and look for cover."

Because in a situation like that, if you - stalwart armed citizen - stand up and point your sidearm at the bad guy, you instantly become a target. Rather than shooting defenseless people, the bad guy is going to turn his gun on you. If the police show up at that moment, then you become a target for them. They have no way of knowing if you're the bad guy with a gun or the good guy with a gun, and chances are 50/50 that they'll shoot you.

The "good guy with a gun" saving the day is a fantasy on several levels.

When was the last time a mass shooting took place in a synagogue? Short answer: never, until now. Much easier for nutjobs to kill innocent people and police officers when people like you think everyone should have access to all the guns they want.

Do you think Robert Bowers should have had an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle and multiple handguns? Or no?

Thanks for the false narrative. It typifies what I know about the anti-gun far Left. Just so others are clear, unlike your false accusation, I don't' support nutjobs having access to guns, knives, cars, baseball bats or any other deadly weapons.

THis guy appears to be an actual Nazi. Problem is the impact of that word has faded dramatically due to all of the pointing and stammering "Nazi" at anyone and everyone the illiberal left disagrees with.

Well, there are actually nazis in charge atm, so it seems reasonable to point that out. Now, GOP=Nazis. If they want that to change, they're going to have to change it themselves. Until then, vote trump? You're a fucking nazi.

...The idea that you're pushing - that a "good guy with a gun" on the scene is a fool proof deterrent and/or magical solution - is demonstrably bullshit.....
Jesus fucking Christ. More false accusations from the anti-gun far Left. Where did I ever claim self-defense was "fool proof" or "magical"?

Here's the basic premise: It's better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. Feel free to lie, spin or do whatever you like to hate on that idea.

You know that was sarcasm, right?

You know that text is a very poor form of communication since it lacks inflection, body language, tone and other cues used in normal human conversation so things like jokes and sarcasm don't carry well without an emoji to indicate such things.

As it is, if someone had a gun, the murderer may have been stopped long before the police showed up. Do you agree or disagree?

- - - Updated - - -

THis guy appears to be an actual Nazi. Problem is the impact of that word has faded dramatically due to all of the pointing and stammering "Nazi" at anyone and everyone the illiberal left disagrees with.

Agreed. The term "nazi" has been watered down just like the term "racist" and "terrorist" has been. When LWers scream racist or RWers scream terrorists crossing the border it waters down the meaning of actual racists and terrorists.

Well, except that the racism and terrorism which trump enables is what America is coping with atm.

- - - Updated - - -

...The idea that you're pushing - that a "good guy with a gun" on the scene is a fool proof deterrent and/or magical solution - is demonstrably bullshit.....
Jesus fucking Christ. More false accusations from the anti-gun far Left. Where did I ever claim self-defense was "fool proof" or "magical"?

Here's the basic premise: It's better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it. Feel free to lie, spin or do whatever you like to hate on that idea.

It would be better if no one had a gun. It turns out they get used to kill people. Australia used to have gun violence. Not so much nowadays.

Jesus fucking Christ. More false accusations from the anti-gun far Left.

Apparently I've joined the anti-gun far Left. Who knew?

It would be better if no one had a gun. It turns out they get used to kill people. Australia used to have gun violence. Not so much nowadays.

It is absolutely forbidden to use statistics to make that argument. Same for Universal Health Care. Stick to platitudes, please.

I don't know if you are aware, but apparently saying "shooting other people is bad" makes you a radical leftist.

Thanks for the false narrative. It typifies what I know about the anti-gun far Left. Just so others are clear, unlike your false accusation, I don't' support nutjobs having access to guns, knives, cars, baseball bats or any other deadly weapons.

I don't know if you are aware, but apparently saying "shooting other people is bad" makes you a radical leftist.

Who said that? More false narratives? Do you agree that driving protestors over with a car is bad? That mailing people bombs is bad? How about lying about other people? Do you think that's bad? I think all are bad, but apparently some people disagree.

Back
Top Bottom