• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

My Vote 11/06/2018

You can rest assured that the local GOP knows who I am. Neither they nor the Dems come to my door any longer.

Back in 2004, I stood outside the GOP building here for 9 hours alone while they were gearing up and making phone calls on Dubya's behalf - engaging any of them that would talk and asking them why Dubya deserved to be reelected based on his performance. Funny thing, some of the men agreed with me but were either just party loyalist like most of you, or said Iraq was his war to see through.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary Clinton absorbed most of Bernie Sanders platform... and that apparently wasn't enough.
Cute.

This is a Democracy. I do need to abide by the will of the majority, which says Bernie Sanders isn't being President, nor representing the Senate in Ohio. This is called pragmatism.

I didn't break the democratic party like some of you would like to believe, though I did take part in its demise when I, like you, also went along.
Yeah, I don't believe any of it.
I am not now nor ever was a BS supporter. I voted for Stein.
Stein is an idiot.

Ah! There you go. Way to elevate the discussion. JS was the only candidate that had actual solutions to the issues in 2016. But you probably wouldn't have known that since all you consume is what's fed to you by your party's keepers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am. That message is that regardless of the intimidation by Democrat rank and file and manipulation by the MSM and intelligence agencies, I will vote my conscience and my values. I won't be popular with either of the tribes, but I'll sleep well.

Intimidation?

MSM?

What manipulation by intelligence agencies? You really think that the intelligence agencies are pulling for the Democrats? Oh wait, is that why RT America went out of its way to pump up the Greens/Stein? That was really our intelligence agencies manipulating people?

Got your talking points straight?

The attachment is not showing. I'm voting green for governor and Senate and dem for house and state house.

It's not showing because it's a .pdf, not a jpg or png.

I voted on the 22nd when early voting opened; straight Libertarian ticket, for the challenger in races where there was no Libertarian and not at all when there was only one person up for the seat.

You can rest assured that the local GOP knows who I am. Neither they nor the Dems come to my door any longer.

If you aren't careful they are crawling all over your social media accounts though.

I'm registered NPA and they targeted the hell out of me in their bid to smear our Democratic candidate for state senate. They never sent me one piece of mail telling me who they were running. But I got a month's worth of bird cage liner from the Florida GOP smearing Mel Martin. Mel is a real person and supporting third party over her would be stupid. Her policy positions align with mine for the most part.

Read the fine print and do a whois on any media you consume.

Good for you poster. If the Democrats insist on nominating candidates that are almost the same as the Republicans there really is no benefit in voting Democrat. "But the hated other will win" doesn't carry much weight when they insist on nominating the hated other themselves.

If you aren't careful they are crawling all over your social media accounts though.

I'm registered NPA and they targeted the hell out of me in their bid to smear our Democratic candidate for state senate. They never sent me one piece of mail telling me who they were running. But I got a month's worth of bird cage liner from the Florida GOP smearing Mel Martin. Mel is a real person and supporting third party over her would be stupid. Her policy positions align with mine for the most part.

Read the fine print and do a whois on any media you consume.

I don't use social media. This is as social as I get online.

The attachment is not showing. I'm voting green for governor and Senate and dem for house and state house.

I voted on the 22nd when early voting opened; straight Libertarian ticket, for the challenger in races where there was no Libertarian and not at all when there was only one person up for the seat.
A vote for the Libertarian candidate is probably the most useless. If a liberal votes Green, it at least tells the Dems that they want the Dems to move left.

A vote for the libertarian can go either way, and Republicans probably can't tell if that means their candidate is too crazy or not crazy enough.

Got your talking points straight?

You certainly do.

Had way too many accounts show up on a local forum in late 2015 and early 2016 that pushed Stein, spamming the board with the writings of Phil Rockstroh, etc... and then vanished in December 2017-January 2018.

But if you are sincere, good luck with your quest.

Good for you. You are sending a clear message, as like was sent in 2000 and 2016.

Yes, I am. That message is that regardless of the intimidation by Democrat rank and file and manipulation by the MSM and intelligence agencies, I will vote my conscience and my values. I won't be popular with either of the tribes, but I'll sleep well.

So, your values are to rob women of their right to control their own body and to install a neo-theocracy? Because those are the objective consequences of how you are voting.

Your "Dems are just as bad" posts are the very type of propaganda that the extreme right wing puts out in order to encourage naive leftists and liberals to either not vote at all or throw waste their vote on a candidate with zero chance of beating the right-wing candidates. We have voters like you to thank for a mentally unstable rapist theocrat just being put onto the Supreme Court.

Back in 2004, I stood outside the GOP building here for 9 hours alone while they were gearing up and making phone calls on Dubya's behalf - engaging any of them that would talk and asking them why Dubya deserved to be reelected based on his performance. Funny thing, some of the men agreed with me but were either just party loyalist like most of you, or said Iraq was his war to see through.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary Clinton absorbed most of Bernie Sanders platform... and that apparently wasn't enough.
Cute.

This is a Democracy. I do need to abide by the will of the majority, which says Bernie Sanders isn't being President, nor representing the Senate in Ohio. This is called pragmatism.

Yeah, I don't believe any of it.
Stein is an idiot.

Ah! There you go. Way to elevate the discussion. JS was the only candidate that had actual solutions to the issues in 2016. But you probably wouldn't have known that since all you consume is what's fed to you by your party's keepers.
Stein would have had no ability to push any legislation through, had she had any real enact-able plans in the first place. Her stance on immunizations was dangerously ambiguous.

A vote for the Libertarian candidate is probably the most useless. If a liberal votes Green, it at least tells the Dems that they want the Dems to move left.

A vote for the libertarian can go either way, and Republicans probably can't tell if that means their candidate is too crazy or not crazy enough.

And since a vote for the libertarian can go either way, and Democrats probably can't tell if that means their candidate is too crazy or not crazy enough as well.

Green is for those who see through Democrat bullshit, Constitution is for those who see through Republican bullshit, and Libertarian is for those who see through the bullshit of both.

- - - Updated - - -

Stein is an idiot.

Stein would have had no ability to push any legislation through, had she had any real enact-able plans in the first place. Her stance on immunizations was dangerously ambiguous.

Well, according to you no legislation is better than the legislation Trumps has gotten passed. I believe Stein would have stood firm, unlike Clinton who became a hawk just to show she had balls. Clinton is a war criminal. So is Obama, BTW! The two of them should be charged along with Bush and Cheney. How do you like those apples?

Stein is an idiot.

Well, according to you no legislation is better than the legislation Trumps has gotten passed. I believe Stein would have stood firm, unlike Clinton who became a hawk just to show she had balls. Clinton is a war criminal. So is Obama, BTW! The two of them should be charged along with Bush and Cheney. How do you like those apples?

Charging Bush, Cheney, Obama, and Hillary as war criminals (as well as several underlings)? I like those apples very much.

Stein is an idiot.

Yes, charged along side W and Cheney. Wonderful! Alleged Left-Wing Moore Coulter for the win.

Stein would have stood firm? She has no allies in Congress.

Yes, charged along side W and Cheney. Wonderful! Alleged Left-Wing Moore Coulter for the win.

Stein would have stood firm? She has no allies in Congress.

She would have made some. But again, no legislation is better than bad legislation. If the Dems would have been doing their job all these years we shouldn't need new legislation. And, as a Dem, you're talking about success? Good one!

Well, you'll be popular with the Republican tribe because you did your part to help them win. You might also be unpopular with the Green tribe due to the increased environmental degradation you assisted in creating by voting for GOP policies, but on the other hand, you're helping to give them more things to protest and that creates more opportunities for everyone to get together and hang out with their friends.

As a life-long tree-hugger, I endorse Tom's message

The Democratic leadership has had 2 years since Trump's election to make changes and hasn't done anything that I can see to better the party. Am I missing anything? It is too bad you all throw your vote away for reactionary reasons.

Voting for candidates because they're not someone else? I think you all are being manipulated. Let the Democrats pay the price until they put up better candidates.

I didn't break the democratic party like some of you would like to believe, though I did take part in its demise when I, like you, also went along.

I think you willfully fail to look at what is happening in this country, and have willfully supported Trump's increasing destruction of our environment (among other major issues) with your "protest" vote.

As someone who does care very deeply about our environment, and agrees with nearly all of the Green Party platform, I do and will blame people like you for the destruction going on now.

Sleep well... until you choke on the fumes of your folly thanks to the right-wing policies you have helped enact.

Well, you'll be popular with the Republican tribe because you did your part to help them win. You might also be unpopular with the Green tribe due to the increased environmental degradation you assisted in creating by voting for GOP policies, but on the other hand, you're helping to give them more things to protest and that creates more opportunities for everyone to get together and hang out with their friends.

As a life-long tree-hugger, I endorse Tom's message

Yeah, well, if the Green Party agreed with Tom's message they'd voluntarily fold, right? So either you're not a tree hugger or the Green Party isn't what it claims to be. Since the Green party has yet to have an opportunity to prove itself....

- - - Updated - - -

The Democratic leadership has had 2 years since Trump's election to make changes and hasn't done anything that I can see to better the party. Am I missing anything? It is too bad you all throw your vote away for reactionary reasons.

Voting for candidates because they're not someone else? I think you all are being manipulated. Let the Democrats pay the price until they put up better candidates.

I think you willfully fail to look at what is happening in this country, and have willfully supported Trump's increasing destruction of our environment (among other major issues) with your "protest" vote.

As someone who does care very deeply about our environment, and agrees with nearly all of the Green Party platform, I do and will blame people like you for the destruction going on now.

Sleep well... until you choke on the fumes of your folly thanks to the right-wing policies you have helped enact.

Again, the Green Party obviously disagrees with that.

Well, it's the country which pays the price, not the Democrats.

Also, do be sure to send your address to the local GOP office since they owe you a fruit basket for being such a perfect voter for them and for buying into their strategy so completely.

A fruit basket coated in pesticides that the Democrats outlawed but Trump and the Republicans are bringing back.

I don't for one second believe anything that "poster" has offered in the guise of transparency, including who he voted for, why he voted for them and even the notion that he voted at all. People who are truthful almost always appear truthful, and liars always have a palpable two-faced nature that elicits a slimy feeling, and infects all the they produce - including their expressions.

Back
Top Bottom