• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Baltimore will have to put off their dynasty for another year. Disappointed won't be able to see Jackson in the remaining games, the playoffs will be a bit duller.

I didn't like some of the playcalling, especially that 4th down try instead of a field goal, but whatever. Henry is making like Terrell Davis and their defense is peaking.

That first half of KC-Hou was nuts, but also didn't like the play call of the fake punt. which if you don't make it, it gives them life when you still had a comfortable lead, and that's what happened. Why is everyone going for it on 4th all the time now?

Freddie Kitchens is responsible for 4th and go for it stupidity game calling. Ever since he ran a draw play on 4th and 7, other coaches had to try game play calling so crazy, it just has to work.

Baltimore will have to put off their dynasty for another year. Disappointed won't be able to see Jackson in the remaining games, the playoffs will be a bit duller.

I didn't like some of the playcalling, especially that 4th down try instead of a field goal, but whatever. Henry is making like Terrell Davis and their defense is peaking.

I wanted them to go for it on 4th down both times, but both the play call and execution were awful. They were money on 4th and short all year. But the Titans made every play on offense and defense, and deserve to be in the championship game. I'm sure many people blame Jackson for the loss, but he played reasonably well, better than any Raven beside Hollywood Brown.

No, Kitchens had nothing to do with those 4th-and-short decisions.

I wanted them to go for it on 4th down both times, but both the play call and execution were awful. They were money on 4th and short all year. But the Titans made every play on offense and defense, and deserve to be in the championship game. I'm sure many people blame Jackson for the loss, but he played reasonably well, better than any Raven beside Hollywood Brown.

Fully agree with HB. Tennessee is really good, and they are holding the hot hand at the right time. Their game with the Chefs (derogatory nickname, not a typo) should be a good one. But I expect KC to get ground down in the end, just like New England and Baltimore. Hoping to see them in the Superbowl against Green Bay.

Jackson deserves a good part of the blame. His interceptions were bad throws and his fumble was due to his reckless failure to protect the ball. He'd just been bumped by the defender and got away , but then still just held the ball out there to be stripped.

That said, Titans' D line just dominated and the lack of a run game due partly to Ingram's injury meant they could just come after Jackson. Fortunately, those are things Jackson can correct. I still think he'll be a top 5 QB over the next 5 years at least.

Chiefs v 49ers. It'll be the first time in Super Bowl History that a red team plays a red team. I didn't fact check that, so that could be factually inaccurate.

But what is definitely true is this is the first time two teams have played against each other after having steam rollered over their opponents in the playoffs. Actually, this was also not fact checked, even as far as it goes for this year, forget about the history of the NFL playoffs. It is like 50+ years... I'm not going through all of that data!

But what we definitely know is that this match up will provide us with a classic Super Bowl that people will talk to their children's children's children about. Well, it could be a blow out, after the Chiefs give up two touchdowns in the first 30 seconds, but go on to score 62 unanswered points. I'm not a fortune teller!

But we can all be certain that America is quite content, because the Patriots aren't even in the Super Bowl this year (first time in four years!). Even Patriots fans can handle that... I mean three straight Super Bowl appearances? Going 2-1... making it 6 Super Bowl titles overall? Yeah... we'll be fine. Thanks for asking. ;)

Chiefs v 49ers. It'll be the first time in Super Bowl History that a red team plays a red team. I didn't fact check that, so that could be factually inaccurate.

But what is definitely true is this is the first time two teams have played against each other after having steam rollered over their opponents in the playoffs. Actually, this was also not fact checked, even as far as it goes for this year, forget about the history of the NFL playoffs. It is like 50+ years... I'm not going through all of that data!

But what we definitely know is that this match up will provide us with a classic Super Bowl that people will talk to their children's children's children about. Well, it could be a blow out, after the Chiefs give up two touchdowns in the first 30 seconds, but go on to score 62 unanswered points. I'm not a fortune teller!

But we can all be certain that America is quite content, because the Patriots aren't even in the Super Bowl this year (first time in four years!). Even Patriots fans can handle that... I mean three straight Super Bowl appearances? Going 2-1... making it 6 Super Bowl titles overall? Yeah... we'll be fine. Thanks for asking. ;)

I didn't follow San Francisco or KC too closely this year, but caught KC's game last weekend, and a bit of the 49ers game last night. Based on that it looks like it's going to be an exciting Super Bowl.

Ha, that was one of my first thoughts too. There aren't many possible combos for it since Chiefs are arguably the only "red team" in the AFC (I'd consider Texans primary color to be blue with red secondary).

Yeah, but you gotta be a bit concerned about the future. I mean, despite the last 19 years, the smart money would be on the Pats not getting to the SB for the next couple of years with or without Brady. Bill is arguably the GOAT, but he ain't magic. Especially with the increase in serious competition in the AFC. I'd put their cumulative odds of even 1 SB appearance in the next 3 years at below 50% . That's still much higher than the odds for my Bears and their half-wit QB, but a lot less than being the odds favorite for most of the last 20 years.

Yeah, but you gotta be a bit concerned about the future. I mean, despite the last 19 years, the smart money would be on the Pats not getting to the SB for the next couple of years with or without Brady. Bill is arguably the GOAT, but he ain't magic. Especially with the increase in serious competition in the AFC. I'd put their cumulative odds of even 1 SB appearance in the next 3 years at below 50% . That's still much higher than the odds for my Bears and their half-wit QB, but a lot less than being the odds favorite for most of the last 20 years.
If Brady stays and they draft well, it is possible to return to the AFC Championship next year or the Super Bowl, but in all honesty, I'm quite ready for the end of the dynasty. It has been an absurd run and I'm not one of those stupid types of fans that other teams have (Patriots fans are all class and the ones without class aren't "true Patriots fans" ;)) who can't handle losing. Many of us have learned how to accept being terrible or mediocre. Despite occasional years of goodness, the 70s and 80s and 90s were filled with much more mediocrity at best and completely embarrassing awfulness at worst.

And the Super Bowl LI comeback alone will leave me warm for decades.

So I'm good. :)

Meanwhile... Patriots players are amused with this thing called "The Pro Bowl". Apparently they always thought it was junk mail, when receiving an invitation to play in the Pro Bowl. But after conferring with the team, it is actually a real thing.

Meanwhile... Patriots players are amused with this thing called "The Pro Bowl". Apparently they always thought it was junk mail, when receiving an invitation to play in the Pro Bowl. But after conferring with the team, it is actually a real thing.

They're being phished. ;)

Mahomes is only the 2nd QB to represent the AFC in the Superbowl in the last 17 years who isn't named Brady, Roethlisberger, or Manning.

Those 3 QBs are responsible for 9 of the last 10 AFC wins and all 6 of the last AFC loses.
Contrast with the NFC, which has sent 15 different QBs to the Superbowl in the last 17 years.

49ers were in complete control; then their defense faltered while the Chiefs defense stepped up. Andy Reid finally doesn’t blow it.

Kansas City is like that. They are the Golden State Warriors of the NFL. While only a 10 point 4th quarter comeback compared to the Pats, they did score 21 points in the 4th. They are rarely down and out.

Me thinks that this could be a rematch next year.

I liked the part of the game where that one guy tossed a ball to that other guy and then got paid several million dollars.

I liked the part of the game where that one guy tossed a ball to that other guy and then got paid several million dollars.
Actually, players don't get paid more for the playoffs, I think, unless it is in their contract... and the Super Bowl bonus.

Regardless, my favorite part of the game was when Kansas City threw that completion that needed to be reviewed. The ref agreed to the review, but decided they wouldn't use any video evidence or speaks with the referees that saw the play best to base their review on, and the final word would be taken from a Kansas City Chiefs fan.

Kyle Shanahan has now lost two Super Bowls when leading in the 4th quarter. He was the offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, who blew a 28-3 lead against the Patriots by going too conservative in their play-calling. Even Andy Reid hadn't done that.

Back
Top Bottom