• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

No Means Yes If You Know How To Spot It

Post-coital regrets? Not wanting her boyfriend to think she cheated? She wanted a relationship but he only a one night stand? Or any of a myriad possible other reasons.
speaking of Mr. Moonbeam

California isn't continuing the argument. The law is passed.
Just because Governor Moonbeam signed a ridiculous law doesn't mean there is no argument to be made.
It is an excellent law, and I am fairly certain Emily was actually referring to the futility of my continuing to argument with folks like you ;)

More evidence that Derec's claim is baseless:

Columbia University fielded complaints against 10 undergraduate students for sexual assault last academic year, but the Ivy League school punished none of them.

According to the Huffington Post, Columbia disclosed such information for the first time since coming under fire for improperly handling sexual assault on campus. Of the 10 disciplinary cases regarding rape or an equivalent crime, four are still open.

http://www.universityherald.com/art...school-punished-no-one-for-rape-last-year.htm

If Derec's claim were accurate, we should have more expulsions than not. At Columbia, we have NONE.

There were two cases withdrawn by the complainants, and four are still open.

Looks like Columbia is one of the few universities that still thinks claims of rape/sexual assault have to be proven rather than guilt assumed. Kudos to them! Of course, that sort of integrity puts them squarely in the cross-hairs of the Obama administration.

I guess this is the closest we will ever get to you admitting that your original claim was bullshit. :shrug:

Ok, so you are saying that two people who are <insert standard of dead drunk here> and have sex, have raped each other? Even if they choose to repeat the experience?

Which brings us neatly back to what I was saying - that the rules involve criminalisation of normal behaviour, and that's a problem even if there isn't an investigation/expulsion in a particular case. Saying that a rule wouldn't be enforced in practice is a get-out.

You're acting like this is something unique to rape and never practiced anywhere else. Yet, when my brother takes my car without my permission it _is_theft_ but will not be prosecuted unless I report it. If I say to myself, "that little rascal, oh well, at least he always washes it and fills it with gas, even if he is a pest," it is still theft! even if he never does a day of time over it. But I let him get away with actual theft because I don't, in the end, have a problem with the fact that he stole something of mine.

Is this is big justice problem to you?

Ditto to my neighbor borrowing my tractor, or my friend taking my child into her car when it's pouring rain on the way to the library. It _is_ a crime, but really, only if I, the victim, object.

Similar to when my other sister was constantly stealing from my mother. It was, without any question whatsoever, a theft. Many times it even left my mother feeling violated, but the fact that she would never report it to the police did not make it any less a theft, or any less a violation of my mother.

To strain the analogy even further, my sister would often get my mother drunk before these thefts, claiming the next day that my mother voluntarily gave her the money/jewelry/whatever. My mother would have no memory either way, but knew she would not have soberly consented.

And yes, my sister would general be drunk too (because she was always drinking) but that does not excuse her predatory behavior.

Not mockery, just a descriptor based on her stunt.
At least he isn't spelling her name backward or making comments about her father's shorty's crib.
If you mean Rehteah, it's not I who spelled it backwards but her parents.
As to "father's shorty's crip", I was just venting my frustration for people who kept misrepresenting to whom the condo belonged.

It was NOT Rehteah's parents who spelled her name backwards. That was her given name whether you liked it or not, and you disrespected yet another female victim because that it what you always do. And your mocking of a black male victim is also standard procedure for you. You mocked Trayvon's name too, as I recall. Your history of this is very very clear Derec. Don't bother trying to make your excuses because all of us are sick of it with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at the very least it fits. :)

That is true. <snip> fits.

< consistency edit>.

Last edited:
I guess this is the closest we will ever get to you admitting that your original claim was bullshit. :shrug:
Just because it doesn't apply (yet) to all universities in the US doesn't make the original claim bullshit. There are more than enough schools like OSU, UND, UGA and Vassar (and now all the colleges and universities in California) to more than crowd out places like Columbia.

It was NOT Rehteah's parents who spelled her name backwards. That was her given name whether you liked it or not,
That's my point. They gave her a name which is Heather spelled backwards.
and you disrespected yet another female victim because that it what you always do.
How is pointing that fact out "disrespecting"
And your mocking of a black male victim is also standard procedure for you. You mocked Trayvon's name too, as I recall. Your history of this is very very clear Derec.
If you look at the other threads throughout PD there is a lot of mockery for people in the news. Hell, some posters have mocked me (a clear violation of forum rules) on this very thread! But I guess that's politically correct since I am neither a woman nor a racial minority.

Don't bother trying to make your excuses because all of us are sick of it with you.
Then put me on ignore, why don't you.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rhea again.
Cheering on an insult. Classy!

- - - Updated - - -

Mattressgirl is an insult, unless that is your idea of sweet talk. In any case, it is another demonstration of your innate misogyny.
She has taken to carrying a mattress everywhere she goes. How is calling her mattressgirl misogynistic?
As for sweet talk, I wonder if having a mattress around at all times might send a wrong message to some Columbia students... :tonguea:

Mattressgirl is an insult, unless that is your idea of sweet talk. In any case, it is another demonstration of your innate misogyny.
She has taken to carrying a mattress everywhere she goes. How is calling her mattressgirl misogynistic?
As for sweet talk, I wonder if having a mattress around at all times might send a wrong message to some Columbia students... :tonguea:

It is a disparaging label applied to a rape victim. Is it really that difficult?

If you look at the other threads throughout PD there is a lot of mockery for people in the news. Hell, some posters have mocked me (a clear violation of forum rules) on this very thread! But I guess that's politically correct since I am neither a woman nor a racial minority.

You may notice that while I called you out on this poor behavior, I also defended you against poor behavior of others earlier in this thread. My apologies for the direct insult, it would have been more proper for me to direct the slur at your comment instead of at you personally.

That's my point. They gave her a name which is Heather spelled backwards.
and you disrespected yet another female victim because that it what you always do.
How is pointing that fact out "disrespecting"
That was her name, the name her parents gave to her. It doesn't matter one giant fuck whether you liked it or not, it was not yours to fuck with. You disrespected a dead woman by fucking around with her name. Don't pretend you were just innocently pointing out that it backwards it spelled "Heather". It was you disrespecting the victim and her parents. Own it.

And your mocking of a black male victim is also standard procedure for you. You mocked Trayvon's name too, as I recall. Your history of this is very very clear Derec.
If you look at the other threads throughout PD there is a lot of mockery for people in the news.
NOT of the VICTIMS - which is what you always do when the victims are female and/or black

Hell, some posters have mocked me (a clear violation of forum rules) on this very thread! But I guess that's politically correct since I am neither a woman nor a racial minority.
boo-fucking-hoo Derec. You get protected by the forum rules just like everyone else, so don't even try to pretend you are some sort of victim for the backlash you get for your crap.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rhea again.
Cheering on an insult. Classy!
Not half as classy as you are for your constant mocking of female/black victims

It is a disparaging label applied to a rape victim. Is it really that difficult?
First of all she is only an alleged victim. Neither the university nor police found evidence to conclude that she had probably been raped.
As to disparaging, I disagree. It merely describes what she is doing.

First of all she is only an alleged victim. Neither the university nor police found evidence to conclude that she had probably been raped.
As to disparaging, I disagree. It merely describes what she is doing.

excuses and bullshit

The "girl" is not a mattress, and calling her "mattressgirl" does not "describe what she is doing". *Merely* describing what she is doing would be "Female college student carrying mattress as performance art and protest". I think calling her "Emma" would be much easier.

The "girl" is not a mattress, and calling her "mattressgirl" does not "describe what she is doing".
Calling her "mattressgirl" doesn't imply that she is a mattress. It's not a superhero name, she hasn't been bit by a radioactive mattress from Sqornshellous Zeta.

I noticed you did not defend Bronzeage's assertion that she is an actual "victim" rather than "alleged victim".

*Merely* describing what she is doing would be "Female college student carrying mattress as performance art and protest". I think calling her "Emma" would be much easier.
That's unwieldy which is why I shortened it to mattress girl. Emma is even shorter though, and I have called her that as well, but I started using "mattressgirl" for variety. That is, until the white knight brigade came out in force.

Calling her "mattressgirl" doesn't imply that she is a mattress. It's not a superhero name, she hasn't been bit by a radioactive mattress from Sqornshellous Zeta.

I noticed you did not defend Bronzeage's assertion that she is an actual "victim" rather than "alleged victim".

*Merely* describing what she is doing would be "Female college student carrying mattress as performance art and protest". I think calling her "Emma" would be much easier.
That's unwieldy which is why I shortened it to mattress girl. Emma is even shorter though, and I have called her that as well, but I started using "mattressgirl" for variety. That is, until the white knight brigade came out in force.

I trust you will stick with "Emma" from now on. Or, if you really must have variety when referring to individuals, try "the Columbia student".

So again, Derec proceeds from the premise that a woman who claims to have been raped is "only" an "alleged victim" and must be assumed from the outset to be a lying whore who just wants to inflict her feminazi agenda on some unsuspecting and probably innocent man.

So again, Derec proceeds from the premise that a woman who claims to have been raped is "only" an "alleged victim" and must be assumed from the outset to be a lying whore who just wants to inflict her feminazi agenda on some unsuspecting and probably innocent man.
That's not what "alleged victim" means. It means we do not know with any degree of certainty whether she is telling the truth or not.

That's not what "alleged victim" means. It means we do not know with any degree of certainty whether she is telling the truth or not.

And you lean towards "not," because to your mind all women are guilty of false rape accusations.

And you lean towards "not," because to your mind all women are guilty of false rape accusations.

Wrong. I lean toward "undetermined" when that's the case, for example in "he said she said" situations.

Back
Top Bottom