• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

No Means Yes If You Know How To Spot It

It is a disparaging label applied to a rape victim. Is it really that difficult?
First of all she is only an alleged victim. Neither the university nor police found evidence to conclude that she had probably been raped.
As to disparaging, I disagree. It merely describes what she is doing.

Pull the other one. That one's tired. You meant it as a sarcastic insult and no one would mistake it for anything else. Since she is not a member of this forum, you are free to apply any label you wish. Although we do place restrictions on labels applied to one another around here, there is no way to prevent anyone from demonstrating their deficiencies. You have made yourself plain.

It was him saying some non-PC things about women. And I do believe that the harsh response to such a non-event was certainly influenced by that old rape accusation.
It was about an icon known for his athletic achievements and directly related to a College football team detaining the National Championship, who was YELLING out on Campus a line loaded with obscenities at a time there was heavy traffic of students, many of them absolutely shocked that their icon could be that stupid to act like a complete moron, once more compromising the name and reputation of the FSU Football team. To my knowledge FSU male students are not penalized fort "saying non PC-things about women".Contrary to you, I have had ample encounters and socialization with FSU students in the last 3 years that I know that when students get together and talk "non PC" in between themselves (versus YELLING out obscenities on Campus),they are not subjected to any penalties.

Now, to help you revise your " I do believe....." :

http://espn.go.com/college-football...clemson-tigers-shouting-obscene-phrase-public

"As the university's most visible ambassadors, student-athletes at Florida State are expected to uphold at all times high standards of integrity and behavior that reflect well upon themselves, their families, coaches, teammates, the department of athletics and Florida State University," the joint statement said. "Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

The joint statement also said Winston would undergo "internal discipline."

On Tuesday, Florida State students began flooding Twitter as several witnessed the reigning Heisman Trophy winner allegedly stand on a table in or in the immediate vicinity of the student union and yell obscenities, mimicking a popular Internet video. The phrase is of a sexual nature.

As to a "harsh punishment" : his team ended up being the party most affected by the absence of their leading QB while his replacement struggled throughout the Noles/Clemson game. To note that right before the kick off, Winston showed up in his entire uniform, helmet on as if he was ready to come on the field. Coach Jimbo Fisher sent him back to change while Jimbo is not the type of guy who will put up with a "prima dona " attitude.

Your " I do believe..." is indeed nothing but ...a belief.

The point remains that Winston never encountered any penalties or suspensions ordered by the FSU administration based on his having been accused by a female student of a rape. Predictions are that the FSU recently initiated investigation under Chapter 9 will not result in any penalties either or suspension. I seriously doubt that the statement from the Leon County State Attorney confirming that "there is not enough evidence to prosecute the case" would be contradicted by the outcome of the FSU investigation.

Interesting how the scene of his yelling obscenities in the vicinity of the FSU student union was downplayed by you by describing it as " him saying some non PC things about women". How "yelling obscenities" became " his saying...".

More evidence that Derec's claim is baseless:

Columbia University fielded complaints against 10 undergraduate students for sexual assault last academic year, but the Ivy League school punished none of them.

According to the Huffington Post, Columbia disclosed such information for the first time since coming under fire for improperly handling sexual assault on campus. Of the 10 disciplinary cases regarding rape or an equivalent crime, four are still open.

http://www.universityherald.com/art...school-punished-no-one-for-rape-last-year.htm

If Derec's claim were accurate, we should have more expulsions than not. At Columbia, we have NONE.

There were two cases withdrawn by the complainants, and four are still open.

All this shows is that Columbia hasn't joined the witch hunt.

Untested rape kits aren't a matter of "nobody cares", but politicians not budgeting enough money.

Not really. Budgets handed down from legislators typically do not have line items for rape kits, etc. Nor should they need to do. If local police departments place testing of rape kits at a lower priority than say, parking tickets, then I guess that it isn't too hard to draw a conclusion that 'nobody cares.'

Here's the budget for the local police. Note the level of detail:

http://www.lvmpd.com/Portals/0/Finance/FY2014-2015_FinalBudget.pdf

Not really. Budgets handed down from legislators typically do not have line items for rape kits, etc. Nor should they need to do. If local police departments place testing of rape kits at a lower priority than say, parking tickets, then I guess that it isn't too hard to draw a conclusion that 'nobody cares.'

Here's the budget for the local police. Note the level of detail:

http://www.lvmpd.com/Portals/0/Finance/FY2014-2015_FinalBudget.pdf

Right: the LVPD developed a very detailed budget. Note this was not a budget handed down, line by line, by the legislature, state of Nevada or city of Las Vegas. Policy makers don't care, or don't care enough.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/rape-allegation-against-u-of-florida-quarterback-is-dropped/87777

The Chronicle said:
The woman who accused a quarterback on the University of Florida’s football team of sexually assaulting her has withdrawn her complaint, according to a statement issued on Friday by the university.

Well, I hope they expel this fucker of a quarterback then. Since women lie about rape, the fact that she's saying that she wasn't raped means that he's a rapist.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/rape-allegation-against-u-of-florida-quarterback-is-dropped/87777

The Chronicle said:
The woman who accused a quarterback on the University of Florida’s football team of sexually assaulting her has withdrawn her complaint, according to a statement issued on Friday by the university.
Yes..that is UF, in Gainesville. The Gators QB was first indefinitely suspended from games. Gators got their QB back. Not that it will improve their pathetic season. hehehehehe (that was a jab from a Seminole fan). Cannot wait for the Seminoles to cream the Gators on November 29th.

Back
Top Bottom