• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

On Deck: 2022

Some more AOC:
That last one had this list:
Reason 1: We rely entirely on you.
Reason 2: Our last election was the second most expensive House race in the country.
Reason 3: We organize a lot of community-building programs, outside of traditional election work.

Ayanna Pressley has Subject: Another win for our movement: - Archive of Political Emails
On Thursday, President Biden used his authority to pardon thousands of people convicted of simple marijuana possession under federal law — a bold, meaningful step that will help address barriers to re-entry and set us on a path to healing.

This is another win for our movement. But there’s still much work to be done to transform our criminal legal system to center justice, equity, and decarceration.

It’s time to:

✅ Legalize marijuana

✅ Expunge records

✅ End the War on Drugs

Our work is unfinished, but we're making progress, and Ayanna is leading the fight for a fair, equitable, and just legal system – including the decriminalization of addiction, legalization of marijuana, fixing our broken clemency system, and more.

A $3 contribution from you today will power our work to advance justice and equity and continue building momentum for transformative criminal legal reform. Can we count on your $3 now?

Rashida Tlaib has Subject: Re: censored and fired for holding Israeli government accountable - Archive of Political Emails
Katie Halper, a reporter and the now-former co-host of Hill TV’s morning program, was fired for defending Rashida and for reporting that numerous human rights groups―including Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International―have described the Israeli government’s abuses against Palestinians as apartheid.

While Rashida and Katie showed courage in speaking truth to power, this blatant censorship by Hill TV of a respected journalist could have ripple effects across media outlets and our society. We need to show that when people stand up for freedom and human rights, we have their backs!

Pitch in today to send Rashida back to Congress to fight for the rights of all oppressed people at home and abroad.

Ilhan Omar has Subject: Add your name: It’s time to decriminalize marijuana - Archive of Political Emails saying that President Biden's pardons are only a first step.

Cori Bush has Subject: Watch: Cori’s Abortion Ad - Archive of Political Emails

Jamaal Bowman has Subject: Today is Indigenous Peoples' Day - Archive of Political Emails

Technically, civilians can arrest folks and even pull them over so long as they don't impersonate a police officer while doing it and meet specific requirements in the context.

That said, see bolding (mine).

Yay hooray! I got my Official Texas Mail In Ballot. I just filled mine out and it will go out with today's mail. Straight Democratic of course. And some bond issues. Dealing with parks, garbage and sewer issues. I voted yes to all. It may raise taxes which will cause many big salty tears of outrage from local Republicans if these pass. That fact made it easy to vote for these. Beto! Beto! Beto!

I did the same last week, but I dropped mine in the drop box at city hall.

So, the abortion story did cost Walker some support. For now.

I wonder how much was the abortion revelation verses his offspring's anger over Walker's response to it.

Today on "Jumping the Gun", the Democrats have won in a landslide. Georgia turnout for early voting for this mid-term, first day, was 131k... compared to 136k in the last general election. We know how that went. We know higher turnout generally supports the Democrats.

Today's jumping the gun conclusion, the Democrats win in a landslide in 2022. They gain 10 seats in the House and 3 seats in the Senate.

Please stay tuned for tomorrow's Jumping The Gun, where it is never too early to make broad and overgeneralized conclusions based on terribly limited data.

I am a genuine American Baby Boomer, and I approve this message!
I'm a long long ways away from "wealthy" but still must indulge in over-exuberant extravagances just to spend my lucre. I expect another big hike in my SocSec checks January. Thanks, Suckers!

Today on "Jumping the Gun", we discuss the utter desperation that is the Democrat condition and the blue tsunami that will wash over it. The GOP will take over the House and Senate, leaving Biden powerless to do much of anything but sign budget extensions and veto'ing legislation to repeal ACA, SSA, Medicare, Medicaid, and SNAP. With rising gas prices at the pump, Americans are pissed. Sure, the economy continues adding a million jobs every three to four months, but what matters is the economy is in recession now because gas prices are high. Biden has failed to deliver on his agenda of criminal reform like pardoning people in jail for non-violent marijuana crimes or signing off on infrastructure legislation that the previous President promised and presumably delivered. Nope, Biden's failures on these accounts, such as trying to address an epidemic of college loan debt is going to sink Biden because he has failed to do anything. The feeble minded man is also responsible for failing to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan.

We know this because of the tax and spend Democrats... high gas prices.

Polling isn't going in the right direction because of the above (which is effectively the GOP pitch). Despite being almost completely false, tight Senate races are seen across America, from Wisconsin to Ohio to Georgia to Arizona. And it doesn't seem to matter if a candidate has no actual political positions like JD Vance or Herschel Walker. They are in a position to join the blue wave, as the Democrats' polling numbers are not raising to that critical 49% level which is poll-ese for "good enough that they'll probably win". America has had it with failed job growth, failed foreign policy, failed everything... even if almost none of it has actually failed!

Biden and the Democrats are about to be washed away by an electorate that has had it with CRT, LGBT, and several other acronyms. They support a party that believes in austerity and letting America improve economically by doing nothing and letting the free market handle inflation.

They support a party that believes in austerity and letting America improve economically by doing nothing and letting the free market handle inflation.
Hey, it worked so well for the Truss administration in the UK.
The problem is that the Brits have been down that road so many times before, and yet they keep going, to ask again and again for more of it.

Today on "Jumping the Gun", the Democrats have won in a landslide. Georgia turnout for early voting for this mid-term, first day, was 131k... compared to 136k in the last general election. We know how that went. We know higher turnout generally supports the Democrats.

Today's jumping the gun conclusion, the Democrats win in a landslide in 2022. They gain 10 seats in the House and 3 seats in the Senate.

Please stay tuned for tomorrow's Jumping The Gun, where it is never too early to make broad and overgeneralized conclusions based on terribly limited data.

Suing your ass if it doesn't happen!

Will you kiss it if it does? ;)

Will you kiss it if it does? ;)
Gladly. And just to be clear… you’re not my type.

Back
Top Bottom