• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Orgasm without physical stimulation

Jolly_Penguin

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
Question about human physiology.....

As any teenage boy knows, it is possible.for a man to Orgasm and ejaculate in his sleep without any physical srimulation. Dont know if this also happens to women.

Is there something enabling that in the sleep state or can it happen while awake as well? Do masters of meditation pull this off?

As any teenage boy knows, it is possible.for a man to Orgasm and ejaculate in his sleep without any physical srimulation. Dont know if this also happens to women.

Is there something enabling that in the sleep state or can it happen while awake as well? Do masters of meditation pull this off?

Orgasm is an event in the brain. The body is just along for the ride. In dream state, the brain secretes a chemical which disconnects the muscle motor control circuits. You think you are running(or whatever), but technically, the body is paralyzed. Yes, it also happens to women, if they can be trusted to give reliable reports.

Yogis claim to have this power, but they cannot be trusted to give reliable reports.

It is probably possible for a drug to induce a waking dream state, where a person could have conscious control over the scenario, but it's also possible such a drug could cause irreversible changes in brain structure, similar to the way methamphetamine alters the dopamine receptors in the brain.

If such a drug is ever developed, it would be the end of life as we know it.

I am female and I have memories of waking up from the occasional 'hot and steamy dream' feeling completely satisfied. :D

It is possible to 'think' yourself to orgasm if you have the time and an uninterrupted venue. I have discussed this topic with a few other women so this is not just a personal aberration. :thinking:

I have heard of people being able to pull it off. I know nothing about the veracity of such reports.

I had an old girlfriend who could. She had to move her legs slightly, almost like a nervous thing. Other than that, no stimulation needed. I didn't really have any reason to doubt her veracity.

I am female and I have memories of waking up from the occasional 'hot and steamy dream' feeling completely satisfied. :D

It is possible to 'think' yourself to orgasm if you have the time and an uninterrupted venue. I have discussed this topic with a few other women so this is not just a personal aberration. :thinking:

Once a boy learns to masturbate and produce orgasms on demand, the wet dream/nocturnal emissions scenario is a fond memory. I know of no reason it is not the same for girls.

A memo from the TMI department: I remember the surprise of my first full fledged wet dream. It was incredibly realistic. Somehow my brain managed to manufacture a physical sensation I had never actually experienced. It opens a window on how much of sexual desire is hardwired into the brain and how much is cultural.

I have had dreams where my hand was in a flame and woke up to the thought, "This ought to hurt, but it doesn't." I am glad the same is not true for pleasurable feelings.

In the same manner that 'Right Brain Training' is used to increase one's learning and performance in sports, by reliving in the mind the 'perfect performance', one can recall a incident of extreme pleasure and relive same in the mind. The body will experience the remembered sensations, even without slight physical stimulation as mentioned in post #5. I contemplate that this may not be possible unless one has an excellent stored memory to draw upon and the ability to focus one's attention upon this memory to the exclusion of other distractions.

Rather gives a whole new meaning to the song "Memories", now doesn't it? :D ;)

In the same manner that 'Right Brain Training' is used to increase one's learning and performance in sports, by reliving in the mind the 'perfect performance', one can recall a incident of extreme pleasure and relive same in the mind. The body will experience the remembered sensations, even without slight physical stimulation as mentioned in post #5. I contemplate that this may not be possible unless one has an excellent stored memory to draw upon and the ability to focus one's attention upon this memory to the exclusion of other distractions.

Rather gives a whole new meaning to the song "Memories", now doesn't it? :D ;)

I'm not sure I have an "excellent stored memory" to draw upon, but the lack in quality is made up with quantity.

Yup, and I hate waking up from those dreams because there is no limit to my imagination in dreams.

I also cry/mourn in my sleep - don't know why. I tend to hold tears in when awake, but after my Mom and Dad died, I had vivid 'dreams' of weeping. I would wake up feeling cathartic like I had a good cry.

There are a few cases of women (no men that I know of), who have an orgasm every few minutes/hours spontaneously, without any external simulation or even thinking about sex. Its some sort of brain disorder. So, yes it is possible.

I am a woman. I have had orgasms which have awakened me from sleep. I have also awakened...how shall I say...in the aftermath. When I was much younger and I had an intense sex drive, I was also able to have orgasms by being in a quite, comfortable position and fantasizing without performing any manual stimulation. I can't do that any more but I still do have the sleep orgasm from time to time.

It has happened to me in the past. More so when I had gone for an extensive period of time without sex. Now that I have a regular sex life, I don't seem to be having the same sorts of dreams or experiences.

Besides, the real thing is much better than what I encountered in my dreams. ;)

I had an old girlfriend who could. She had to move her legs slightly, almost like a nervous thing. Other than that, no stimulation needed. I didn't really have any reason to doubt her veracity.

Since women can get off just from moving their legs I don't really think this counts as without physical stimulation.

Yes, it is possible to do without being asleep. For me it generally requires some level of sensory deprivation, and a lot of concentration. The feels are slightly different (more drawn out, much 'quieter'). It's almost entirely qualia and internal jiggering, though, so actually describing the 'what to do' would be entirely useless at best, beyond, 'calm, quiet place, naked(?), and try to remember how things you like feel, until you get it 'right' and you start feeling things.'

Something similar happened to me yesterday morning as I was lying in bed. It wasn't a physical orgasm, more of a sense of release and pleasure through my whole being.

It was an epiphany of sorts. A thought struck me to the core (a thought brought about by the uniting of various experiences), and I just felt immense pleasure at being alive.

There are a few cases of women (no men that I know of), who have an orgasm every few minutes/hours spontaneously, without any external simulation or even thinking about sex. Its some sort of brain disorder. So, yes it is possible.

This is a brain disorder I may not object to. It might interfere with work, however.

This is a brain disorder I may not object to. It might interfere with work, however.

There are many cautionary tales which warn about the consequences of getting that for which you wish.

Um, I don't think you'd want that. They've interviewed people who have this disorder, and they don't like it. It gets old quick and makes you rather non-productive. I think its actually considered a legitimate disability.

Back
Top Bottom