• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

Cracks me up that the Republicans whined about the "secret hearings" that they always had access to, and when the Democrats came out and said "okay, now let's move on to the public hearings" the GOP still whined.

Key witness to the Ukraine phone call refused to show up to testify.

Witch hunt confirmed, guys. Plain as day. The lying cowards can't even testify.

When the mob boss says not to testify it doesn't mean the guy who won't testify is a liar.

Cracks me up that the Republicans whined about the "secret hearings" that they always had access to, and when the Democrats came out and said "okay, now let's move on to the public hearings" the GOP still whined.

Dems opened the door for the Republicans to start impeachment inquiries against a Dem President in the future for any insignificant reason.

Hope you guys enjoy it when the tables are turned!

Remember, you can't utter a peep of how unfair it is. :)

Key witness to the Ukraine phone call refused to show up to testify.

Witch hunt confirmed, guys. Plain as day. The lying cowards can't even testify.

When the mob boss says not to testify it doesn't mean the guy who won't testify is a liar.

What mob boss?

You don't watch much TV, do you? A mob boss is someone who uses euphemisms instead of plainly saying what he thinks. Like "Nice store, wouldn't want anything bad to happen to it" or "I hope you can let this go" or "I need you to do me a favour". A mob boss makes certain that their family and their "businesses" are so intertwined that there is no distinction. A mob boss insists on everyone who works for him to give him sycophantic praise all the time. A mob boss gets really upset and petty when people explain the reality of things to him. And a mob boss is always, always the victim.

Who does that remind you of?

What mob boss?
You don't watch much TV, do you? A mob boss is someone who uses euphemisms instead of plainly saying what he thinks. Like "Nice store, wouldn't want anything bad to happen to it" or "I hope you can let this go" or "I need you to do me a favour". ...
AOC in an interview early this year IIRC stated that the President is a very familiar type in NYC: a real-estate developer who may or may not have Mob ties, and one who is careful to make only indirect threats like these - threats with plenty of deniability.

Dems opened the door for the Republicans to start impeachment inquiries against a Dem President in the future for any insignificant reason.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?
4 YEARS to investigate a blowjob, and you think the DEMS are the ones who started penny ante bullshit?
HOW many investigations into Ben Ghazi?

OH! And how about stealing a Supreme Court nomination?

Yeah, the Dems are the ones being unfair in all this. Sure. Uh-huh. Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

I hope they had the sense to stop doing that after Liz Cheney made the speech condemning it. But the only Faux I watch is Chris Wallace on Sunday mornings.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?
4 YEARS to investigate a blowjob, and you think the DEMS are the ones who started penny ante bullshit?
HOW many investigations into Ben Ghazi?

OH! And how about stealing a Supreme Court nomination?

Yeah, the Dems are the ones being unfair in all this. Sure. Uh-huh. Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

You have to admit, blowjobs are far more serious than corruption, treason, betrayal, abuse of power and all THAT penny ante bullshit.
In fact that is the stated Rethuglican platform. If ANYONE is going to get any blowjobs, it has to be REPUBLICANS!!!

You have to admit, blowjobs are far more serious than corruption, treason, betrayal, abuse of power and all THAT penny ante bullshit.
Well, there is that.
It is a solid concern that we not have a president willing to lie about the extramarital sex he has had.

Trump has at least confessed to campaign finance violations on national television.

What Vindman's testimony shows us about Trump's idea of loyalty - CNNPolitics
Trump cast Vindman as a "never Trumper," despite also claiming that he never met the man. It's directly in line with the idea he's repeatedly pushed that a "deep state" of entrenched bureaucrats is out to get him. ...

He arrived on Capitol Hill in a dress uniform displaying a Purple Heart and declared himself an American patriot in his opening statement. ...

The vile attacks on his patriotism were dismissed even by Trump's Republican allies on Capitol Hill.

But Trump has a well documented history of either lashing out at or rejecting military men who tried to stand up to him. ...
Like John McCain.
But there is something underneath the attack dog mentality Trump turned on Vindman. As with his prior attacks on the "deep state," he demonstrated his complete disregard for the idea of public service and misunderstanding of the concept of loyalty.
Trump believes in loyalty to him, while military people have an ideal of loyalty to the nation. Did anyone ever try to explain to him that the American revolutionaries did not want to replace one monarch with another one?
The two worldviews -- loyalty to country versus loyalty to Trump -- have not worked well in close quarters.
Trump sprinkled his Cabinet with career military officers early in his administration and referred glowingly to "my generals." But Trump often equates the country with himself. All of "my generals" are now gone.
General John Kelly was his first Secretary of Homeland Security and second Chief of Staff. But when Kelly tried to impose order on the West Wing, Trump soured on him.
"I said, whatever you do -- and we were still in the process of trying to find someone to take my place -- I said whatever you do, don't hire a 'yes man,' someone who won't tell you the truth -- don't do that," Kelly said. "Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached."

Trump denied Kelly ever said any such thing. And White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."
He's now getting impeached.

Like John McCain.

Trump believes in loyalty to him, while military people have an ideal of loyalty to the nation. Did anyone ever try to explain to him that the American revolutionaries did not want to replace one monarch with another one?
The two worldviews -- loyalty to country versus loyalty to Trump -- have not worked well in close quarters.
Trump sprinkled his Cabinet with career military officers early in his administration and referred glowingly to "my generals." But Trump often equates the country with himself. All of "my generals" are now gone.
General John Kelly was his first Secretary of Homeland Security and second Chief of Staff. But when Kelly tried to impose order on the West Wing, Trump soured on him.
"I said, whatever you do -- and we were still in the process of trying to find someone to take my place -- I said whatever you do, don't hire a 'yes man,' someone who won't tell you the truth -- don't do that," Kelly said. "Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached."

Trump denied Kelly ever said any such thing. And White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."

Jumping the gun a tad aren't you?

Like John McCain.

Jumping the gun a tad aren't you?
There is impeachment which can lead to removal from office, even a banning from holding office again. These are different things.

Also,
Every Republican in the last week: We demand open, public hearings.

Dems: Ok, let's vote to have open impeachment hearings.

Every republican in the house: We vote no!

Back
Top Bottom