• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

You don't even get paid a whole lot
Take your four, five and you put it 'pon lock
Take your M sixty and put it 'pon lock
Take your uzi, put it 'pon lock

I should note that these are the names of guns,
US cops do not carry Uzis, much less M60s.
V8YAzrE.gif

and, the instructions to not fire the weapons. "Put (u)pon lock." Maybe he was giving Black cops a literal as well as figurative instruction, I don't know.
To what? Not use their weapons, even when necessary? To not use their weapons against black suspects, even when necessary?

We talked about it when it happened in this very thread, starting at post #1450.

NPR said:
Keenan Anderson, a 31-year-old high school teacher and father, was trying to get help after a traffic collision when he was chased, held down by multiple officers and tased for over 90 seconds as he begged for help.
Complete mischaracterization. He caused the DUI accident, tried to steal a car and resisted arrest. And what does his reproductive status have to do with anything?
"If you Taser someone with 50,000 watts of electrical energy six times ... is there really any wonder that moments later his heart will begin to flutter?" attorney Carl Douglas said at a news conference, the Associated Press reported.
50,000 Watts? No. It's 50,000 Volts. 50 kW would have fried him to a crisp. Instead, the tasering only motivated him to stop resisting (although he did rant about Cee Lo afterwards). He only died 4.5 h later.
Others involved in the collision said Anderson had caused it, Moore said during a news conference Wednesday. Moore also said that Anderson had committed a felony hit-and-run and that another person involved in the collision said Anderson tried to steal a vehicle.
This is more honest reporting. Unfortunately, it is buried deep in the article.
At Wednesday's news conference, Moore said only a "single taser activation" had occurred, elaborating later that he believed several attempts were ineffective and the officer used "a series of dry stuns" following the first full activation.
Moore also said the department has no preset limit on the number of times a taser should be used in a situation.
That would indicate that he was actively tased for less total time than claimed.
Justice advocates criticized the LAPD for releasing a preliminary toxicology report, which showed Anderson's blood samples tested positive for cocaine and cannabis. Melina Abdullah, a friend of Patrisse Cullors and co-founder of Black Lives Matter Los Angeles, described the focus on narcotics as an "assassination on Keenan's character after they've already stolen his body."
Why should not true information about a DUI suspects who caused an accident be released? How is the truth "assassination of Keenan's character"? At most it's "character suicide" - Keenan's own actions and choices besmirched his character.
Note also that this Melina Abdullah is a police abolitionist and an all-around extremist.
"Keenan was the one who flagged police down in the first place," she told NPR. "And then he was treated as the criminal, as most Black men are."
Well, he did break the law.
"I think what's most important for people to organize around right now is 'no cops at traffic stops,'" she said. "My cousin would be around right now if he hadn't had a police encounter. Professionals who know how to deal with a crisis should've been at that scene."
Her cousin would have been around right now if he wasn't high as a kite and if he hadn't caused that accident. "No cops at traffic stops" is idiotic. What does she want? No arrests for DUIs? That would make driving much more dangerous for all of us.
Karen Bass via NPR said:
"No matter what these investigations determine, however, the need for urgent change is clear. We must reduce the use of force overall, and I have absolutely no tolerance for excessive force."
This is a stupid statement. What the investigations determine is very important. If no excessive force was used, then police did nothing wrong.

There was also a video.

Again, the guy was high on coke, caused a car accident, acted erratic, tried stealing a car at the scene. Was tased, yes, but police did nothing wrong tasing him. He died long after getting tased, most likely due to effects of cocaine intoxication.
His survivors certainly do not deserve any damages, much less the ridiculous $50M demanded by the greedy relatives and their hearse-chasing lawyers.

lpetrich said:
One won't get much support from the community if one acts like that.
What about acting like Keenan Anderson did? Unfortunately for LA taxpayers, that city's voters made a poor choice electing Karen "Castro's Venceremos Brigade" Bass as mayor, and she will most likely pay the greedy family even though they do not deserve a cent.

Last edited:
KRS likens the police to slave overseers, suggesting that black cops, by joining a system historically designed to oppress us, aren't truly helping their own people.
KRS1 also cheered when 9/11 happened. So this idiotic take by him is on brand.
I don’t usually agree with his opinions. He has a habit of saying something really controversial to grab attention, then tries to explain it later. The problem is, even when he makes a good point, he often undermines it by tying it to something unrelated—like using the 9/11 attacks to talk about unequal treatment of Black people at the World Trade Center. While it may have brought attention to real issues, it mostly generated a narrative that isn't true about black people (at least not in my case).

The since-fired Florida sheriff’s deputy who fatally shot an Air Force senior airman in his home in May has been charged with manslaughter, authorities said Friday.

The charge was confirmed by Gregory Anchors, the chief assistant state’s attorney for Okaloosa County, who said the charge of manslaughter with a firearm carries a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.

Eddie Duran, formerly of the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, shot Air Force Senior Airman Roger Fortson multiple times on May 3, after Fortson opened the door of his Fort Walton Beach apartment. Fortson was holding a gun in his right hand that was pointed to the ground, body-camera video shows. Duran was responding to a call of a domestic disturbance from a resident in the apartment complex.

Anchors said a warrant had been issued for Duran’s arrest but that he was unsure when the former deputy would turn himself in. Duran did not immediately reply to a request for comment. His attorney did not immediately reply to a phone call and email seeking comment.

In my opinion, an officer should only use deadly force when they are genuinely confronted with it. Using deadly force merely because you feel threatened undermines the very purpose of the badge; there must be a real, imminent threat. That’s just how I see it—not all Americans agree. I've heard all the counterarguments: 'How could they possibly know? You’re not in their shoes, you can’t understand. They have a right to defend themselves before force happens! What, do you think they should wait to get shot first? This doesn’t happen often enough to justify giving criminals an advantage over cops! You're one of those defund the police people aren't you. All of which are again "Feelings" and not a challenge to the premise.

In my opinion, an officer should only use deadly force when they are genuinely confronted with it.
It has worked in England since 1829.

Suspects are rarely killed; Same for police. Typically, everyone survives to have their day in court.

There are, of course, exceptions; But those are very rare indeed.

Back
Top Bottom