• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Post Your Own Wildlife Photography

Not a great shot but a lucky shot! A pair of Peregrine falcons are nesting in a box on top of the library tower at Umass. A chance shot of one flying out of the nest box.

2024 05 14 11 31 38.JPG

I was standing around about here when I took the photo. The box is on the top right of the tower.

2024 05 14 11 32 44.JPG

There is a falcon-cam if anyone is interested.

Out for a bike ride at the state park and I got pictures of a Northern Water Snake crossing the pond.

It looks quite large. It's riding high in the water. I wonder if they can suck air into their bodies to float so high.

It made me laugh when I looked at the Wiki story on these nonvenomous snakes.

"The common watersnake can grow up to 135 cm (4 ft 5 in) in total length (including tail)." Made me wonder where you start to measure the tail from on a snake :)

2024 06 13 13 15 41.JPG

Out for a bike ride at the state park and I got pictures of a Northern Water Snake crossing the pond.

It looks quite large. It's riding high in the water. I wonder if they can suck air into their bodies to float so high.

It made me laugh when I looked at the Wiki story on these nonvenomous snakes.

"The common watersnake can grow up to 135 cm (4 ft 5 in) in total length (including tail)." Made me wonder where you start to measure the tail from on a snake :)

View attachment 46420
From its anus.

You are welcome. :)

Leave it to Chester to find wildlife. He was going nuts on the front window birdie-vision (if we filled the feeders (too many squirrels)). But he was very excited and was pawing the window.

2024 06 16 12 10 54.JPG

We took a look at what had Chester so excited. There is a blue jay nest right outside the window in the rhododendrons. That looks like it's a hatched chick.

2024 06 16 12 10 48.JPG

I went out to the front step. Mommy or Daddy is now sitting on it. I guess to protect it from predictors since I think it's already hatched. There are loads of gray squirrels, chipmunks, grackle and other critters that I think would eat a chick if it had the chance. I've even seen coopers hawks in those bushes.

2024 06 16 12 41 14.JPG

IMG_1463.jpeg
We gots pelicanz!
Saw five white pelicans while walking Wonder (the dog) around a small lake.
Hard for me to understand how they can make a living here … this lake is at about 7500’ altitude and 75% of it is too shallow for a pelican to dive in. Yet, they look real healthy …

Back
Top Bottom