• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Profound Thoughts

A hotdog is pureed meat inside another animal's intestine.
Which means a hotdog continues being a hotdog after we eat it. We just become the casing for an entirely new hotdog.

Which means a hotdog continues being a hotdog after we eat it. We just become the casing for an entirely new hotdog.

Seems to me that we then become the hot dog.

How's that for some zen shit?

Seems to me that we then become the hot dog.

How's that for some zen shit?

Pretty zen, because by its becoming zen shit, we cease to be the hot dog.

But until it becomes zen shit, are we the hotdog? What is the sound of one arsecheek farting?

prettytty zen, because by its becoming zen shit, we cease to be the hot dog.
Do we? What's that line from Beverley Hills Cop? Let me look....
Detective Rosewood: Wow. You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he's got five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels.
Sergeant Taggart: Why are you telling me this? What makes you think I have any interest in that at all?
Detective Rosewood: Well, you eat a lot of red meat.
Maybe we exist as eternal hotdogs. Until cleansed in prep for a colonoscopy, anyway....then we start over....

"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain."

--James Baldwin

You can shake it,
You can squeeze it,
You can beat it against the wall,
But when you put it in your pants,
The last drop will fall!

We sometimes play, "What superpower would you like to have?"

But with my luck, i'd get teleportation and/or time travel, but STILL have this brain that cannot remember "I am going to the kitchen for a soda' for the time it takes to go to the kitchen.

So, there's me in Ford's Theater, wondering why the fuck I brought a gun to a production of Our American Cousin.

A skeptic isn’t certain that anyone else is right, while a cynic is certain that everyone else is wrong

When burying a body dig the hole about 2 feet deeper than you think you should. Trust me.

Roses are red, when
They bloom at least, dear.
Beware werewolf Jesus,
There's a full moon this Easter.

Roses are red, when
They bloom at least, dear.
Beware werewolf Jesus,
There's a full moon this Easter.

There's almost never a full moon at Easter. Easter falls on the first Sunday AFTER the "Paschal full moon", which is an ecclesiastical epoch based on the timing of the observation of the new moon, that can be up to two days different from the astronomical full moon. But only when the "Paschal full moon" falls on a date one or two days before an astronomical full moon, AND one of those days is a Sunday, can Easter coincide with a full moon.

This year Easter is about a week after the astronomical full moon, so not particularly close to full at all.

Back
Top Bottom