• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Proud Boys - what are they?

I don't know why you have so much trouble with the concept of racial bigotry. Denying its existence is really part of the problem, and that plays very well in the rhetoric game that racial bigots have come to use these days.
WTF. Do you really have such a serious problem with reading comprehension? Hell yes there is bigotry, prejudice, and racism among people of all races. However political disagreement is not any of those things.

I never said that it was. Quite the opposite. That you felt it necessary to make this point in response to sohy's very reasonable offer to use some word other than "racism" suggests that you thought she was thinking of mere political disagreements as racism. If all you meant to say is that some people misconstrue political disagreements as racist, that has nothing to do with what she was talking about.

When we lived in Raleigh, NC, my husband worked with a Black guy who was always putting down other Black people. Yes. Black people can be racist in regard to their own. Members of this forum have accused White people of being racist toward other White people, so why would anyone think that some Black people don't hate people who share their own physical characteristics.
This seems to be a good example of how the word, racist, has been so overused and misused that it has become almost meaningless. Blacks, like whites, can have differing political views. Having a different political view is not racism regardless of the race of the person holding an opposing political view.

When the political view is that one race is generally superior, then it's still racism even when it's a view held by a member of the presumed inferior race. By definition, racism isn't about the individual. Thus, racism allows for exceptions to the general racist presumed rule. Thus, an individual can exempt themselves from the racism they believe in. Also, they don't even need to exempt themselves, but can and some do include themselves as being inferior.

For much of human history, women have espoused sexist ideology and coercively imposed it upon their daughters. Via constant coercive influence from birth they came to sincerely believe their sex and they themselves were inferior and should rightfully be ruled over and dominated by (in their home and all public/political spheres) their betters. There are still many women like this today, even in the US, and almost all of them are Republicans, b/c most women who respect themselves enough not to believe they are inferior and made only for reproduction wouldn't support a party that aggressively promotes such values. Which is why almost 100% of the increase in women in Congress over the past 20 years has been Dem women. The GOP has almost the same small # % of women in Congress as they did in the 1980's.

Yes, he looks black enough to question white supremacy part.

If he doesn't subjectively view himself as black, then his ancestry is meaningless. Odds are members of the KKK have "black" blood. And plenty of Hispanics view blacks as inferior, so he could easily have an allegiance with 99% of white racists who comprise the Proud Boys. And their ranks would likely go out of their way to use a token non-white as a "leader" as a smoke screen for white supremacy that they prefer to present as merely "science".

Not to mention, white supremacy is about groups not individuals, and people often view their own incidental group as having some trait that they are an individual exception for. And people often even view themselves a inferior b/c they view their group as inferior. Women have been coerced into holding this ideology for centuries, and up until recently a huge % of women thought they deserved not to be allowed to vote. Bottom line is that a tiny % of token non-whites among the Proud Boys in no way contradicts the clear evidence of the white supremacy that is at the core of the "movement", just as it is with the "alt-right" movement more generally, and with Trump cultism.

Also, the Proud Boys are also rabidly misogynistic and homophobic, and there is plenty of those sentiments among non-white males who could easily overlook the racism to bond with others willing to be hateful towards women and LGBTs.

Also, the Proud Boys are also rabidly misogynistic and homophobic, and there is plenty of those sentiments among non-white males who could easily overlook the racism to bond with others willing to be hateful towards women and LGBTs.

Ejl3YrCXkAEpMqo

Ejl3YrCXkAEpMqo

and don't forget the many Proud Boy responses of “Fags,”, “Can’t stand gay people...should be illegal.”, and numerous attacks on George Takei who started the co-opting of the #ProudBoys

McInnis in a photo op where he used a mass murder to promote anti-muslim and anti immigrant bigotry doesn't negate the Proud Boys attacks on anything outside of the macho hetero male gender role.

And here is Mcinnis on why he opposes gay marriage: "I was for gay marriage, but I got duped by the left. At first I thought at least they are trying to normalize and assimilate, but it turns out the gay marriage is just an attempt to deligitimize Catholicism and Christianity."

So, he was only initially for it b/c he thought gay people need to be made more normal, but is now willing to deny them this basic right out of some tinfoil hat theory that they just want to attack Christianity.

And I noticed you didn't even pretend to deny the misogyny of the Proud Boys.

Ejl3YrCXkAEpMqo

and don't forget the many Proud Boy responses of “Fags,”, “Can’t stand gay people...should be illegal.”, and numerous attacks on George Takei who started the co-opting of the #ProudBoys

McInnis in a photo op where he used a mass murder to promote anti-muslim and anti immigrant bigotry doesn't negate the Proud Boys attacks on anything outside of the macho hetero male gender role.

And here is Mcinnis on why he opposes gay marriage: "I was for gay marriage, but I got duped by the left. At first I thought at least they are trying to normalize and assimilate, but it turns out the gay marriage is just an attempt to deligitimize Catholicism and Christianity."

So, he was only initially for it b/c he thought gay people need to be made more normal, but is now willing to deny them this basic right out of some tinfoil hat theory that they just want to attack Christianity.

LOL. As you were easily wrong about the gay thing, why assume your authority about anything else Proud Boys? They’re just a group to counter the commie antifa. That’s it. Ron’s world is so weird.

OPqPI

LOL. As you were easily wrong about the gay thing, why assume your authority about anything else Proud Boys? They’re just a group to counter the commie antifa. That’s it. Ron’s world is so weird.

OPqPI

I wasn't wrong about "the gay thing". McInnis using a mass shooting at a gay club to help promote xenophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry isn't evidence that the vast majority of Proud Boys are not anti LGBT. He said "Fuck you Islam" then kissed a alt right pundit who is gay, then wiped his mouth in disgust and shaking his hand to rid it of the gay germs. Those who claim that as evidence that the Proud Boys rank and file are not overwhelmingly anti-LGBT are either grossly dishonest or dumb as a stump. He was promoting his other bigotries with an gesture of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" staged stunt.

And his own words prove he is not supportive of LGBT rights and views them as in need of normalization.

Besides, McInnis is one man and not even associated with them any more. The Proud Boys make sure not to have any official stances so they can dishonestly deny their agenda. So, of course they don't have any official anti-gay position and homosexuality is not their primary target. Efforts to fight against racial and gender equality is their primary target. But such bigotries are correlated at extremely high levels (far higher than IQ and income or race BTW), so there is only a tiny % of the population who hold the Trump-cult perspectives on race and gender equality who aren't also anti LGBT and homophobic. This is b/c the underlying causes of these mental diseases are almost identical.

The fact that they and aggressively and openly support a president who opposes gay rights and seeks support from and gives praise to organizations that treat homosexuality as inherently immoral is overwhelming evidence of where they stand as a group on homosexuality.

Finally, your token black also doesn't counter their "white pride" rhetoric that proves white supremacy is at the heart of the movement. That's no different than a KKK member showing he has a white servant and claiming he's not black b/c a black person is willing to serve his agenda. The camera is zoomed in on that one guy precisely b/c a group shot would show he's surrounded by white men.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abramb...-gay-men-have-taken-over-proudboys-on-twitter

The Proud Boys took none too kindly to this, filling up Parler with the type of hateful messages that got them kicked off Twitter in the first place. Much of the action was carried out by the Proud Boys’ official account on the app, which has 60,000 followers. Enrique Tarrio, the Proud Boys’ chairman, said in a separate Parler post that the left was attempting to turn the group’s name into “a slur” and that the gay pride campaign with #proudboys was an attempt “to drown out the voices of our supporters.”

A screenshot posted on Parler of the tweet from the Canadian Armed Forces in the United States received some of the strongest reaction and was widely shared on Parler.

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?????” wrote one user, @Tanamir, in reply to the screenshot.

“Fags,” was another response, from @Ryanha5150. “Can’t stand gay people…should be illegal.”

In an effort to ridicule Takei, another Parler post was a meme of the actor holding up the OK sign, a gesture white supremacists use to identify themselves to each other. The image isn’t meant to suggest Takei is a white supremacist. (He’s not.) It’s a statement that the Proud Boys can—and will—use his image to carry out their own propaganda.

One user, @Jettrail, replied to the meme and wrote, “There is a solution.” Along with that line, @Jettrail posted an image full of Nazi regalia—swastikas, bright Reich red. The image also contains several lines of text encouraging people to follow the Final Solution, the Nazi idea that led to the extermination of six million Jews during the Holocaust.

This thread got awfully silent

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DyTXpnFpZU[/YOUTUBE]

It's almost as if the "left" (sic) thinks accusing people of being "teh ghey" is a slur.

The left doesn't think that but the proud boys do. That's why it works.

Frankly, I'm kind of amazed someone has to explain that to you.

George Takei just registered theproudbouys.gay.

It's almost as if the "left" (sic) thinks accusing people of being "teh ghey" is a slur.

Who's accusing?

No one is pointing a finger and saying, 'you nazis are gay'

Unashamedly gay men, Pride marchers, are calling themselves Proud Boys. Kinda silly, if it's a slur, to slur yourselves.

So this news story made me think of this thread. And then it made me laugh my ass off

For those of you who are easily confused by racist dogwhistles, or baffled by the concept that a political group might choose to obscure their less popular beliefs, the current leader of the tactical wing of the Proud Boys is keen to explain what this group truly is.

You got to give one thing to Donald J. Trump, his legitimization of white nationalists has made them more bold and therefore hella easier to spot!

“We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization,” Chapman wrote after using other bigoted language. “We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race.”

Chapman also wrote that he has renamed the group the Proud Goys, referring to the Jewish term for non-Jews that neo-Nazis have tried to appropriate and use to symbolize their anti-Semitism.

So this news story made me think of this thread. And then it made me laugh my ass off

For those of you who are easily confused by racist dogwhistles, or baffled by the concept that a political group might choose to obscure their less popular beliefs, the current leader of the tactical wing of the Proud Boys is keen to explain what this group truly is.

You got to give one thing to Donald J. Trump, his legitimization of white nationalists has made them more bold and therefore hella easier to spot!

“We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization,” Chapman wrote after using other bigoted language. “We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race.”

Chapman also wrote that he has renamed the group the Proud Goys, referring to the Jewish term for non-Jews that neo-Nazis have tried to appropriate and use to symbolize their anti-Semitism.
Should we wait for the usual deniers to chime in to see if now it's ok to call them nazis? ;)

Should we wait for the usual deniers to chime in to see if now it's ok to call them nazis? ;)

Just so you know, they won't appear until you broach the subject of whether it is alright to finally start punching them, so that they can gush over how terrible we are for suggesting ViOlEnCe to the people who just want to "peacefully" show "juden" to "the door", and by peaceful I of course mean "in pieces", and by "the door" I mean "the door to the oven".

Back
Top Bottom