• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

There really are only two ways to "migrant invasion". Deportation doesn't stop the "flood", it just changes the faces. Either kill them as they try to enter or make the USA a shittier hole than the one they are trying to escape.
There's another way to stop illegal immigrants. Give as many green cards as we're willing to give jobs. That's the heart of the issue, American people will give millions more jobs than documents.
Tom
I got another idea. Owning a business is a privilege like driving a car, not a right. If you can't play by the rules you don't get to own one.

If you hire illegals the first time is a big fine, the second time an even bigger fine. Third time the government takes your business away from you. If law enforcement dealing with illegals can tell who is illegal or not and deport them then the government could come up with a way for a business to tell who has the legal right to work here or not.

Not sure how you decided that 2.7% was a defensible number to use regarding California Black women for the role of Senator for Newsome’s pick.
I got it from this wiki article. Latest numbers say that the black population of Calfornia is ~5.4%. That means that about half of the adult black population, or ~2.7% will be black women. But I am not hung up on the exact figures.

Including an additional 1.2% who identified as having partial African ancestry, the figure was 7.0%. Wikipedia
Doesn't matter. Even if we go by those numbers, black women are only ~3.5%. That means that Newsom excluded ~96.5% of the population just for having the "wrong" skin color and plumbing.
Obviously Newsome
Why do people insist on spelling his name with an extra "e"?
would have been happy to select someone with partial African ancestry,
Going back far enough, we are all of African ancestry.

It is so interesting to me that people will still call Harris unqualified through the “DEI pick” slur. Her qualifications (DA, AG, Senate, VP) are clearly and objectively better preparation than either Trump or Vance.
I think she is obviously qualified on paper. But she also was clearly chosen because of her race and gender, which I do not think is right. The DEI criticism is accurate.

So the message seems to be, Look how bad Harris is - and GOP couldn’t even aspire to being as good as that!
Paper qualifications are not the end-all-be-all. I think there were better options for the Dems if they could look past the unpardonable sins of being born male or non-black.

And further, for derec in particular, It is so interesting to me that you have stated that you plan to vote for Harris because, you say, she is indeed obviously a better choice than Trump.
"Less bad choice" is perhaps a better phrase than "better choice". Trump is obviously horrible. But KH makes me nervous as well. During the 2020 campaign (that did not even survive until the advent of that calendar year) she showed incredibly poor judgment. She also staked some far left positions - e.g. banning fracking, offshore drilling as well as private insurance. Biden already allowed the Democratic Party to lurch left. Will she move it even further?
She also makes me nervous on Gaza.

So I take that to mean you think Trump losing is a goal worth achieving. But then you spend days and days denigrating the candidate that you hope (I presume!) people will vote for. It’s as if you are warring between your desire to see Trump defeated, and you are willing to personally act to make that happen, and an inability to refrain from sabotaging that objective due to a need to publicly put down Harris.
Just because I do not think Trump is a good choice does not mean I have to refrain from criticizing Harris.
I also think I should be free to criticize the process that just gave the nomination to her and did not allow any sort of competition. I think that was deliberate - Dems protected KH from competition by stage managing Biden's exit to be this late. This may backfire on the Dems, just like the attempted Hillary coronation in 2016 backfired. For all the fawning over "brat summer" and "coconuts" by the mainstream media, I think Kamala Harris is a poor candidate.
Against a more formidable opponent than Trump, she would fail. She only has a chance because of how bad he is.

I honestly don’t know why a person would do that. You’re not the only one I see do it. But it puzzles me. Why sabotage the effort that you say you want to achieve? What if people hear you and listen to your denigration of Harris and decide to vote for Trump because of your message? That goes against your earlier claim that you are not a Trumper.
I do not think it is healthy to shut down debate just because she is running against Trump. No dissent allowed? Resistance is futile; you will be assimilated into the KHive? Really?

Last edited:
Except that Orange Manboy's DEI credentials are Discrimination, Exclusion and Intimidation.
That fits actually existing DEI as well:
Discrimination - against white and male candidates
Exclusion - since nobody who is not a black woman was even considered for SCOTUS justice and running mate by Biden or for Senate by Newsom
Intimidation - by accusing everybody who points out that Kamala Harris was chosen by race and gender of "racism" (see thread title)

I think its better to pick someone who is female or black because they are female or black than pick a white man for vice president like Nixon did Ford because he had evidence Ford had an affair with an East German spy when he was a congressman and could blackmail him into a pardon. Just sayin.

Here is another one: Media Bias Chart Gallery - Public | Ad Fontes Media

It rates news sources on both ideology and "news value and reliability", using a continuous scale. The sources form an arch, from far left and low reliability, to centrist and high reliability, to far right and low reliability. There are some less-reliable centrist sources, but not many. The left seems a little bit more reliable than the right, but not much. There is no outlet on the left that is as low in reliability as the Alex Jones Show, not even on the far left.

Should you trust media bias charts? - Poynter - nice article explaining how they are constructed.

Now women like Amy "Mad Hatter" Klobuchar or Gretchen "mir graut's vor Dir" Whitmer would have been on the short list before the race riots happened, but not afterwards.
Amy Klobuchar the Mad Hatter?
Gretchen Whitmer - Google Translate translates "mir graut's vor Dir" from German to English as "I'm terrified of you"

What makes Derec cringe in fear of GW?

Trump Debuts Lackluster Nickname For Kamala Harris | HuffPost Latest News
“From the moment we take back the White House from Crooked Joe Biden and Kamala ― I call her ‘Laughing Kamala.’ You ever watch her laugh? She’s crazy,” he said, according to a clip of the speech shared online. “You can tell a lot by a laugh. No, she’s crazy, she’s nuts.”

But, he added: ”She’s not as crazy as Nancy Pelosi — Crazy Nancy.’”

Libs of TikTok on X: "They want this woman to be President (vid link)" / X - with lots of clips of KH laughing

Kamala Harris' 'habit of laughing' whenever the pressure is on has 'certainly jarred with people' - YouTube - clip with KH laughing starts at 1:45

Mad: she is known to have an anger problem.
Klobučar == hatter.

Gretchen Whitmer - Google Translate translates "mir graut's vor Dir" from German to English as "I'm terrified of you"
It's from Goethe's Faust. "I recoil from you" may be a better translation - a mix of fear and revulsion.
Margarete aka Gretchen said:
Dein bin ich, Vater! Rette mich!
Ihr Engel! Ihr heiligen Schaaren,
Lagert euch umher, mich zu bewahren!
Heinrich! Mir graut's vor dir.

lpetrich said:
Just a play on her name. It always reminds me of reading Der Tragödie erster Teil in German class back in the day.

Last edited:
First black woman named to SCOTUS and people still get their panties in a bunch over it.
The problem is that Biden vowed to only consider black women for the position as part of his corrupt bargain with Clyburn, who delivered South Carolina to him in the primaries.
And from a practical standpoint do you think The Felon considered anything but white males? He's just as much a racist/sexist pick as Kamala Harris.
J.D. Vance Wins Trump Veepstakes. Here’s Everyone He Beat Out.

There were men, women, whites, blacks, asians, an hispanic and a disabled guy in his VP short list.
According to that article there were 17 people on the "short" list. Doesn't seem short for me.
:oops: I don't if you're just trying to waste my time again on stupid shit, or you really don't know. Aren't you some sort of college professor?

The term "short list" has an actual meaning.

Short List

: a limited list of important items or individuals
especially : a list of candidates for final consideration (as for a position or a prize)

If there's an actual, accepted limit as to how many people can be on a "short list" before it no longer qualifies as short, I'm not aware of it. Please do enlighten. Otherwise, please just bug off from now on.

I think its better to pick someone who is female or black because they are female or black than pick a white man for vice president like Nixon did Ford because he had evidence Ford had an affair with an East German spy when he was a congressman and could blackmail him into a pardon. Just sayin.
Popular governor of a battleground state to solidify the EVs there and positively help neighboring battleground states. Gov. Cooper does none of those things. I think it has to be Gov. Whitmer, who provides additional beneficial demographics. The question is who (Whitmer, Shapiro, or Kelly*) has the best campaigning chops.

I missed the"Pence is a DEI pick" and "Biden is a DEI pick" threads. Anyone got a link?
Indeed! VP Quayle and VP Pence were selected because of their race and conservative religious views, especially Pence who was added to balance the adulterous serial cheater. Oh.. but it isn't a diversity problem as long as they be the right color and religion.

Mad: she is known to have an anger problem.
Uh oh... an angry woman. Jebus! It 202fucking4. Can we drop that complaint? Or misogyny just going to have be accepted for another century.
Klobučar == hatter.
That is a multi-cultural reference and therefore you are now labeled "woke".
lpetrich said:
Just a play on her name. It always reminds me of reading Der Tragödie erster Teil in German class back in the day.
No, it isn't a play on the name. It isn't just a joke. You aren't fooling anyone.

Misogynoir is a term for racism against Black women.

mi·sog·y·noir mə-ˌsä-jə-ˈnwär

: hatred of, aversion to, or prejudice against Black women

During [Ketanji Brown] Jackson's hearing, a national audience got to witness misogynoir in action, the crossroads of misogyny and racism that's a lived experience familiar to the judge and so many Black women. --- Renée Graham

Misogynoir is rampant in ways that may not even be realized. The hashtag #SayHerName was created in 2014 to highlight misogynoir and how stories of Black women and girls often go overlooked, unnoticed and untold.—Janice Gassam Asare

"The real root of misogynoir is how people perceive and treat Black women and understand them to be worthy of respect and care—that's something that has to change at the structural level of our society, not just the individual behaviors."—Moya Bailey

Source of above quote, for reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misogynoir#:~:text=mi·sog·y,and so many Black women.

The hatred is so deep that even someone in this here pool of confusion went on and on and on in at least one thread regarding the fact that VP Kamala Harris can laugh. Perhaps this man knows no laughter; perhaps this man prefers the sound of Donald Trump's laughter, or, maybe Don Jr's laugh, or Eric's laugh. Does Melania Trump laugh in public? Does anyone like it, if so?

I feel that the Trumpster and his ilk are totally wrong about this. I believe that LAUGHTER is the BEST PRESIDENT.

The thing I like most about VP Kamala Harris is her willingness to listen, to take in new information and ideas, and to evolve in her position regarding different matters, such as incarceration and cannabis laws, for example. These aren't the only topics, just two important ones.

I am also glad that she knows how to LAUGH at humor and absurdity. I'm glad she knows happiness and joy. I love Black Joy.

It is my understanding that Trumpsters and some Republicans are now mocking Kamala Harris because she ... knows how to have a good time without getting taken to court over it? Has a happy marriage and a loving spouse who supports her? Oh my GOD is that woman laughing??

NASTY WOMEN LAUGH. NASTY WOMEN VOTE. Don't forget that Donald Trump coined the phrase in an attack on Kamala Harris herself.

lol :D :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Kamala Human Laughter.jpg

OH NO, HUMAN LAUGHTER!

First black woman named to SCOTUS and people still get their panties in a bunch over it.
The problem is that Biden vowed to only consider black women for the position as part of his corrupt bargain with Clyburn, who delivered South Carolina to him in the primaries.
And from a practical standpoint do you think The Felon considered anything but white males? He's just as much a racist/sexist pick as Kamala Harris.
J.D. Vance Wins Trump Veepstakes. Here’s Everyone He Beat Out.

There were men, women, whites, blacks, asians, an hispanic and a disabled guy in his VP short list.

And yet, somehow, an ignorant, cruel, sadistic, racist, woman-hating man-boy, much like the Orange Slob himself, won the veepstakes. Go figure, huh?

I note that Barack Obama and Kamala Harris have some things in common.

Both Barack Hussein Obama and Kamala Devi Harris don't use their middle names, and their first two names reflect non-European cultural heriage -- Arabic for BO and Asian Indian for KH. However, KH's last name is not only European, but Anglo.

Barack: Arabic: "blessing"
Hussein: Arabic, diminutive of Hasan: "handsome"
Obama: Luo (Nilotic; East Sudanic): "crooked, bent"

Kamala: Sanskrit: "lotus"
Devi: Sanskrit: "goddess"
Harris: short for Harrison, "son of Harry" -- Harry: diminutive of Henry, Harold, ... (inherited Germanic)

Both of them have mixed ancestry, with one or both parents being immigrants. BO's father Barack Hussein Obama Sr. is from the Luo ethnic group in Kenya, and his mother Ann Dunham is largely Anglo.

Family of Barack Obama - "Obama's maternal heritage consists mostly of English ancestry, with smaller amounts of German, Scotch-Irish, Welsh, and Swiss ancestry." - Ancestry of Barack Obama - his mother is mainly descended from the earlier European immigrants, those who came over in colonial and early-independence days.

Family of Kamala Harris her father has mixed West African and British-Isles ancestry and her mother is South Asian.

Of these people, only BO's mother is a "legacy American" (Tucker Carlson) or a "classic American" (Newt Gingrich), though some of KH's father's ancestors share ancestry with legacy / classic Americans.

I note that Barack Obama and Kamala Harris have some things in common.

Both Barack Hussein Obama and Kamala Devi Harris don't use their middle names,
a lot of people, if not most, don’t regularly use their middle names. That’s a completely unremarkable observation.

I don’t, except when required to do so, like for a driver license or airplane reservation.

Kamala: Sanskrit: "lotus"
Devi: Sanskrit: "goddess"
Harris: short for Harrison, "son of Harry" -- Harry: diminutive of Henry, Harold, ... (inherited Germanic)
LOTUS FOR POTUS t-shirts already on sale:

lotus for potus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom