• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

I missed the"Pence is a DEI pick" and "Biden is a DEI pick" threads. Anyone got a link?
While Pence wouldn't be called a DEI pick do you think that "white male" wasn't actually a requirement for who he picked? Same thing, other way around.
i think Pence was picked to balance the ticket because he was a conservative, devout Christian from a midwestern state which promited diversity on the ticket when compared to Trump. So he was a DEI pick just not yge usual kind.

Just incredible (and a little scary) what AI is now capable of .

Just incredible (and a little scary) what AI is now capable of .

I don't see anything impressive about a voice over with occasional bits of quote mining.

But I noticed that it's on Musk's media site.
Tom

I want to respond to some comments by @Emily Lake , but first some background about present-day American NATIONAL politics which Ms. Lake and some others do not understand.

Perhaps there are some states or cities in the U.S. where the Ds and the Rs are both reasonable parties, both seeking good solutions. This is how the American system has behaved, when at its best, for over a century, one party seeking liberal solutions (some say TOO liberal), the other party putting its faith in "conservative values." I don't belittle "conservatives" -- although I DO ask those who use the term in the context of NATIONAL politics to tell us what they think the word even means in today's climate.

But at the NATIONAL level the GOP has abandoned all claim to decency. To even call it "conservative" is an insult to true conservatives like Liz Cheney. The National GOP now most resembles a cult. It brings to mind the German party nearly a century ago whose motto was Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer. Except that the German Führer was a literate and intelligent man, who wrote his own long book and focused on plans (although very evil plans) for his country. The Führer Republicans pay homage to is only semi-literate, had to have his own inane book ghost-written, harasses and even rapes women, has been diagnosed as a malignant narcissist (symptoms include sadism, paranoia, and psychopathy), is a convicted felon. He embraces America's enemies, and spent much of his time as President organizing various grifts. Et cetera. He is a caricature of the worst villain in any James Bond film.

Yet GOP leaders, including almost all U.S. Senators and Representatives, have embraced this peculiar Führer.

It is absolutely nonsensical to view the upcoming national election as offering a choice between a Party of liberals and a Party of conservatives. Instead one side is hoping to salvage what remains of American democracy. The other seems hell-bent on repeating the experiment 90 years ago of another Führer.

One GOP Representative called to truncate a recess because "they needed to impeach Kamala Harris."

what will you do if Trump ends up winning? Are you going to be okay with it?
Are you suffering from some memory problem?
Fuck no! I can’t speak for anyone else, but you seem to be all alone in being okay with a rapist conman felon fraudster being President.
Yes. Emily is obviously a supporter but doesn't have the guts to come right out and say it. She worries about guys in women's spaces but supports a guy who entered a women's dressing room and raped a woman.
I know you're the forum owner and all, but I would expect that you are still bound by the same forum rules, and thus shouldn't be making up lies about members.

I've no idea whether Emily is a Trump supporter, or simply part of the ignorant and gulled entourage of present-day Trump-supporting Republicans. Some posts by Emily seem full of anger or even hatreds, and I've learned to ignore or only skim her posts. The post above caught my eye however, and I decided to click and see what this was all about. I found this:

Ever black person over 18 and eligible to vote better get out and do it this election. The stakes are too high.
Or what? Are you under the impression that black conservatives are "race traitors"? Do you hold the opinion that the only issue that black voters should ever care about is race?

The stakes are high for ALL Americans, but it's no secret blacks tend to vote D. For that reason I also encourage blacks to vote! 8-) If I could I would DISCOURAGE voting by shrill hate-filled people so ignorant that they think "conservative" is a useful description of the fascists who hope to gain power in November.

By the way who is the specific "black conservative" under discussion here? Are we talking about the one black man who appears a few rows behind Trump's right shoulder at so many of his rallies? IIRC at one point we learned how much the Trump campaign pays him for this.

Fuck no! I can’t speak for anyone else, but you seem to be all alone in being okay with a rapist conman felon fraudster being President.
Yes. Emily is obviously a supporter but doesn't have the guts to come right out and say it. She worries about guys in women's spaces but supports a guy who entered a women's dressing room and raped a woman.
I know you're the forum owner and all, but I would expect that you are still bound by the same forum rules, and thus shouldn't be making up lies about members.
I've no idea whether Emily is a Trump supporter, or simply part of the ignorant and gulled entourage of present-day Trump-supporting Republicans.
Emily Lake isn't a Trump supporter, but I'm near certain she'd vote in a manner that'd be beneficial for Trump and the Project 2025 movement.

First black woman named to SCOTUS and people still get their panties in a bunch over it.
The problem is that Biden vowed to only consider black women for the position as part of his corrupt bargain with Clyburn, who delivered South Carolina to him in the primaries.
And from a practical standpoint do you think The Felon considered anything but white males? He's just as much a racist/sexist pick as Kamala Harris.
J.D. Vance Wins Trump Veepstakes. Here’s Everyone He Beat Out.

There were men, women, whites, blacks, asians, an hispanic and a disabled guy in his VP short list.
According to that article there were 17 people on the "short" list. Doesn't seem short for me.
:oops: I don't if you're just trying to waste my time again on stupid shit, or you really don't know. Aren't you some sort of college professor?

The term "short list" has an actual meaning.

Short List

: a limited list of important items or individuals
especially : a list of candidates for final consideration (as for a position or a prize)

If there's an actual, accepted limit as to how many people can be on a "short list" before it no longer qualifies as short, I'm not aware of it. Please do enlighten. Otherwise, please just bug off from now on.
This is a PUBLIC forum for discussion and to express opinions. I made no claim of fact: I didn’t say it was not a short list. I didn’t ask for proof. I expressed my opinion as to its length. Either learn to deal with opinions you don’t like or please fuck off.

Last edited:

I'm not part of forum ownership or staff, so you are obviously not objecting to this, right?

you seem to be all alone in being okay with a rapist conman felon fraudster being President.

Are you NOT okay with a rapist conman felon fraudster being President? It wouldn't take a ton of energy to say so if that were the case.
I could have been mistaken but it's not a lie. Feel free to set me straight if you're NOT okay with The Felon being President.
You have asked that of others, and your reticence to address it yourself is... uh ... shall we say "troubling"?

Emily Lake isn't a Trump supporter

How can you tell?

Misogynoir is a term for racism against Black women.

mi·sog·y·noir mə-ˌsä-jə-ˈnwär

: hatred of, aversion to, or prejudice against Black women

During [Ketanji Brown] Jackson's hearing, a national audience got to witness misogynoir in action, the crossroads of misogyny and racism that's a lived experience familiar to the judge and so many Black women. --- Renée Graham

Misogynoir is rampant in ways that may not even be realized. The hashtag #SayHerName was created in 2014 to highlight misogynoir and how stories of Black women and girls often go overlooked, unnoticed and untold.—Janice Gassam Asare

"The real root of misogynoir is how people perceive and treat Black women and understand them to be worthy of respect and care—that's something that has to change at the structural level of our society, not just the individual behaviors."—Moya Bailey

Source of above quote, for reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misogynoir#:~:text=mi·sog·y,and so many Black women.

The hatred is so deep that even someone in this here pool of confusion went on and on and on in at least one thread regarding the fact that VP Kamala Harris can laugh. Perhaps this man knows no laughter; perhaps this man prefers the sound of Donald Trump's laughter, or, maybe Don Jr's laugh, or Eric's laugh. Does Melania Trump laugh in public? Does anyone like it, if so?

I feel that the Trumpster and his ilk are totally wrong about this. I believe that LAUGHTER is the BEST PRESIDENT.

The thing I like most about VP Kamala Harris is her willingness to listen, to take in new information and ideas, and to evolve in her position regarding different matters, such as incarceration and cannabis laws, for example. These aren't the only topics, just two important ones.

I am also glad that she knows how to LAUGH at humor and absurdity. I'm glad she knows happiness and joy. I love Black Joy.

It is my understanding that Trumpsters and some Republicans are now mocking Kamala Harris because she ... knows how to have a good time without getting taken to court over it? Has a happy marriage and a loving spouse who supports her? Oh my GOD is that woman laughing??

NASTY WOMEN LAUGH. NASTY WOMEN VOTE. Don't forget that Donald Trump coined the phrase in an attack on Kamala Harris herself.

lol :D :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 46936

OH NO, HUMAN LAUGHTER!
Maybe we should start a MALATA campaign: Make America Laugh At Trump Again.

First black woman named to SCOTUS and people still get their panties in a bunch over it.
The problem is that Biden vowed to only consider black women for the position as part of his corrupt bargain with Clyburn, who delivered South Carolina to him in the primaries.
And from a practical standpoint do you think The Felon considered anything but white males? He's just as much a racist/sexist pick as Kamala Harris.

There were men, women, whites, blacks, asians, an hispanic and a disabled guy in his VP short list.
According to that article there were 17 people on the "short" list. Doesn't seem short for me.
:oops: I don't if you're just trying to waste my time again on stupid shit, or you really don't know. Aren't you some sort of college professor?

Short List

especially : a list of candidates for final consideration (as for a position or a prize)

If there's an actual, accepted limit as to how many people can be on a "short list" before it no longer qualifies as short, I'm not aware of it. Please do enlighten. Otherwise, please just bug off from now on.
This is a PUBLIC forum for discussion and to express opinions. I made no claim of fact: I didn’t say it was not a short list. I didn’t ask for proof. I expressed my opinion as to its length. Either learn to deal with opinions you don’t like or please fuck off.
:rolleyes: Knock it off. Everyone can see through your obfuscation and sophistry. Its been your MO for years and many have called you out on it. As you are so fond of saying, "You're not fooling anyone".

In case you didn't notice, the article I got my info on Trump's diverse VP picks is from the liberal New York Magazine. Perhaps they are trying to persuade their readers to Trump's side? :hehe: I neither made up the "long" list of VP candidates or the content. I'm merely the messenger of the news that triggered you.

Last edited:

Short List

:rolleyes: Knock it off. Everyone can see through your obfuscation and sophistry. Its been your MO for years and many have called you out on it. As you are so fond of saying, "You're not fooling anyone".

In case you didn't notice, the article I got my info on VP picks is from the liberal New York Magazine. Perhaps they are trying to persuade their readers to Trump's side? :hehe: I neither made up the "long" list of VP candidates or the content.
I'm merely the messenger of the news that triggered you.
Thinking is not sophistry or obsfucation but I get why you feel it is. It is a Trump tactic to use the many people are saying” as evidence.

For example, if one thought about it, it is the rationale of the list makers not the list reporters that is most relevant. Apparently the idea that alleged “ liberals” might want to keep up on news escaped you.

This mini meltdown of yours suggests you are the triggered one not I.

Last edited:
Since Trump has committed all kinds of crimes I find it it ironic his picture will be posted in the federal courthouses again. Imagine being a criminal and sentenced to prison and you did something Trump did. He got to get away with it but you don't only because the Supreme Court, representing that highest peak of justice in this land, said that Trump was special and you are not.

Being on a list is different from being under consideration.
Often, people are included on a "short list" to appeal to a demographic from which the eventual selection will NOT be drawn, was never intended to be drawn and who know they are not under real consideration.

I've no idea whether Emily is a Trump supporter, or simply part of the ignorant and gulled entourage of present-day Trump-supporting Republicans.
Emily Lake isn't a Trump supporter, but I'm near certain she'd vote in a manner that'd be beneficial for Trump and the Project 2025 movement.
How is someone not a supporter of X, if they vote in a manner that benefits X?

In a democracy, ones vote is one of the most powerful ways one can support a candidate.

I'll just point out that if one constantly criticizes and vilifies one political party and then is completely silent about the misgivings of their opponents, it's pretty obvious where one's proclivities lie. Jimmy Dore is notorious for doing this for example but it's also why when on online forums I get accused of being a lifelong American Democrat I don't get upset. In the context of the discussion 99% of the time it's a distinction without a difference to my actual position so fuck it *shrugs*.

How is someone not a supporter of X, if they vote in a manner that benefits X?

In a democracy, ones vote is one of the most powerful ways one can support a candidate.
You know why. "Voting against their interests," is a common trope in politics. Sometimes when politicians and pundits say it, they're right. But only sometimes.

Democrats have been pleading for equitability, embracing diversity and trying to include marginalized groups for flippin ever.
Well... except for you know, prior to the civil war, and those pesky southern democrats in the 60's.
You understand now isn't 60 fucking years ago right?

Right?
And I presume YOU know that 60 years isn't "for flippin ever"?
Yea I do. I also know what idiomatic language is.

Along with insufferable pedantry. Maybe one day you will too.

just as *some* of the democratic party platform the elimination of the police and open borders.
Wrong. That is not anywhere in the Democratic party platform. There are a few extremists that say that sort of stupid shit but NOT the Democratic party. I bet you got that idea from right wing social media.
Extremists like... AOC, Rashida Tlaib, Kamala Harris, Cori Bush, and Joe Biden? All of whom expressed support for Defund the Police movements in 2020 and 2021. An idea I got from... the things they said and did.

Pointing out that the GOP wants to do stupid fucking things is fine - you're not telling me anything I don't already know. But it's not making me blind to the stupid fucking things that the Dems want to do.

Somewhere along the way, you (and others) seem to have jumped on board the train of thought that says anyone who points out the bad behavior of both parties is actually a closet racist-bigot-nazi-trumpster and that anything they say bad about the Reps is just some kind of special secret smokescreen to cover their inherent badness. You've completely lost sight of your own black and white view of the world, and you're blind to your own partisanship.

Back
Top Bottom