• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

Holy fuck! Ridiculous Trump apologia.
Oh FFS. What "apologia" did you see? Honestly, are we at a point where if I don't parrot your opinion and toss out "OMG, he's such an incredible totally racist asshole the absolute worst fucking ever just irredeemable piece of shit" that constitutes apologia?

This is absurd.

Were you planning to tell us where you got the idea that the Democratic platform, which has not even been written yet, calls for open borders and eliminating the police? Were you going to comment on my earlier point that a couple of months ago, congress reached a bi-partisan deal to increase border security funding and tighten asylum rules, but the Republicans backed out after their Dear Orange Leader ordered them to?

The audience doesn't seem to be nearly as incensed as the commentators on your video are. Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it.
OMG! They were laughing at him, not with him.
Yes. That was very obvious. Especially when he commented that some of the journalists there were black. Really?!? At the National Association of Black Journalists?? Did he even know where he was?
I'm genuinely baffled that you did not understand the obvious humor involved in that statement. I'm baffled that you're expressing outrage. If the venue had been one that was NOT entirely a black audience, I sincerely doubt he would have said it. It's funny *because* of the venue. And despite the many people insisting they were all laughing at Trump, I credit that room full of black journalists with having more of a sense of humor than you seem to give them credit for.

Look - if your position was that it was crass or tasteless, I'd get your point. Like I said, I don't think "comedian" is a selling point for a president. And I completely understand the perspective that this was a poor choice of venue to make that sort of a joke.

But to act like he was unaware of his audience, or that it wasn't intended as humor... well that's just a willful blind spot on your part. By his intonation, body language, and delivery, it was clearly intended to be funny. And I think that the audience understood the humor.

I want to thank Emily Lake for the video of yhe actual event. I have to give Mr Trump credit for actually showing up. But his performance in the 1st 15 minutes was atrocious. He walked onto the stage like a reluctant child. He was rude and disrespectful because he did not shake the hands of 2 of the 3 journalists. He was rude to the 1st journalist . He whined about yhe delay. He accused them of getting there under false pretences. He referred to ns Harris by her 1st nsme. And to top off the numerous groaners, he claimed that she (Ms Harris) used to be Asian snd then suddenly she became Black.

If the Dems use just those instances in ads, he won’t get any votes from black women.

I was wincing at his performance.
All of those are valid criticisms.

Did I actually say open borders?
See your post 344.

In the same post you stated that the Democratic platform, which has not yet been written, calls for “elimination of the police.” The Democrats have never called for any such thing, just as they have never called for open borders.
Fair point. For clarification, however, I wasn't intending to say that the Democratic Party Platform is open border. I said that some democrats platform open borders. Different meanings of the word "platform". In the first, it's being used as a noun, which is not what I meant. In the second, it's being used as a verb, which was my intention.

Were you planning to tell us where you got the idea that the Democratic platform, which has not even been written yet, calls for open borders and eliminating the police? Were you going to comment on my earlier point that a couple of months ago, congress reached a bi-partisan deal to increase border security funding and tighten asylum rules, but the Republicans backed out after their Dear Orange Leader ordered them to?
I thought I posted a comment on that …
I do not believe Emily knows where she “learned” those things. They’re just out there in the ozone cloud where she and the Trumpers hang out.

They’re just out there in the ozone cloud where she and the Trumpers hang out.
Please stop saying false things about me.
Stop saying false things about the Dem platform.
I honestly believe you don’t know where you picked up that shit.
Set me straight if you can. Where/ how did you “learn” about the Dem platform?
Please forgive my ignorance; there is only one place I know of where those things are “common nollidge”.

Last edited:
You not knowing doesn't excuse you engagingin slander. Your ignorance isn't justification for you just making shit up.

Ahem...
Fair point. For clarification, however, I wasn't intending to say that the Democratic Party Platform is open border. I said that some democrats platform open borders. Different meanings of the word "platform". In the first, it's being used as a noun, which is not what I meant. In the second, it's being used as a verb, which was my intention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I posted a comment on that …
I do not believe Emily knows where she “learned” those things. They’re just out there in the ozone cloud where she and the Trumpers hang out.
Dude, chill. An IIDB newbie called you "pro-slaving" yesterday in another thread and you (and others) called them out on their ignorance and snap judgement. And rightfully so. Yet here you are doing a similar thing with someone who has been here a very long time. :confused2:

You not knowing doesn't excuse you engagingin slander. Your ignorance isn't justification for you just making shit up.
Where’s the slander? Lots of people are deluded due to exposure to trumpropaganda. Nothing personal about it, other than your reticence to be forthright about it.
Ahem...
I said that some democrats platform open borders.
Oh. Platform as a verb. Very creative. So it’s false equivocation rather than sheer mendacity. I stand corrected. (If you don’t get why it’s false equivocation, please ask, though that has been explained already)
I assume that the defund the police trope is of the same nature, given how Trump wants to abolish every LE agency that has caught him out (that’s pretty much all of them).

Thank you for the elucidation, if it can be called that.

Last edited by a moderator:
See your post 344.

In the same post you stated that the Democratic platform, which has not yet been written, calls for “elimination of the police.” The Democrats have never called for any such thing, just as they have never called for open borders.

“Platform” cannot validly be used as a verb, not under standard grammar. But whatever, tell us, pray, WHICH Democrats, specifically, support “open borders” and “eliminating the police.” Name then — even one.

Note that “eliminating the police” is not the same thing as “defunding the police.”

“Platform” cannot validly be used as a verb, not under standard grammar. But whatever, tell us, pray, WHICH Democrats, specifically, support “open borders” and “eliminating the police.” Name then — even one.
“People are saying that. Lots of people. That’s what they’re saying. Open borders, eliminate the police. Thousands of liberals are saying that. They keep saying it. It’s so unfair!”

That HAS to be the case. Otherwise equivocating it to the ACTUAL Republican platform is … uh … rather mendacious.

Last edited:
The audience doesn't seem to be nearly as incensed as the commentators on your video are. Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it.
Yes. That was very obvious. Especially when he commented that some of the journalists there were black. Really?!? At the National Association of Black Journalists?? Did he even know where he was?
I'm genuinely baffled that you did not understand the obvious humor involved in that statement. I'm baffled that you're expressing outrage. If the venue had been one that was NOT entirely a black audience, I sincerely doubt he would have said it. It's funny *because* of the venue. And despite the many people insisting they were all laughing at Trump, I credit that room full of black journalists with having more of a sense of humor than you seem to give them credit for.

Look - if your position was that it was crass or tasteless, I'd get your point. Like I said, I don't think "comedian" is a selling point for a president. And I completely understand the perspective that this was a poor choice of venue to make that sort of a joke.

But to act like he was unaware of his audience, or that it wasn't intended as humor... well that's just a willful blind spot on your part. By his intonation, body language, and delivery, it was clearly intended to be funny. And I think that the audience understood the humor.

I don't think you yourself understand what Trump thinks is "humor."

It's sort of the flip side of what was said above. He doesn't laugh with people. He laughs at them. His brand of "humor" is to mock and belittle people, and then pat himself on the back for "scoring" a point. He was mocking his audience. He's a bully who thinks that insulting his audience and belittling them is "funny." He's not only crass and tasteless. He's mean and utterly unaware of his shortcomings as a person. I did stand up for a couple years, so I have some insight here. A good comic pokes fun at themselves. Turns their travails into jokes. Makes their little quirks and neuroses a part of the act. You never, ever attack the audience. You can point out a heckler and take them down a peg, but the audience as a whole? You want to win them over. To laugh. Trump's "joke" wasn't a joke. It was an insult. He clearly thinks the black journalists in the room (except the one who was obsequious) are beneath him.

And again (and I've been in front of a few audiences at comedy shows), they were not laughing in a "ha ha, he landed a good one on us" way. It was "holy shit can you believe he said that?"

I don't think you yourself understand what Trump thinks is "humor."

It's sort of the flip side of what was said above. He doesn't laugh with people. He laughs at them. His brand of "humor" is to mock and belittle people, and then pat himself on the back for "scoring" a point. He was mocking his audience. He's a bully who thinks that insulting his audience and belittling them is "funny." He's not only crass and tasteless. He's mean and utterly unaware of his shortcomings as a person. I did stand up for a couple years, so I have some insight here. A good comic pokes fun at themselves. Turns their travails into jokes. Makes their little quirks and neuroses a part of the act. You never, ever attack the audience. You can point out a heckler and take them down a peg, but the audience as a whole? You want to win them over. To laugh. Trump's "joke" wasn't a joke. It was an insult. He clearly thinks the black journalists in the room (except the one who was obsequious) are beneath him.

And again (and I've been in front of a few audiences at comedy shows), they were not laughing in a "ha ha, he landed a good one on us" way. It was "holy shit can you believe he said that?"

This is Trump's type of "humor":

Well... there were several of them during the last election cycle.

I expect this is where you'll pull a bit of "no true scotsman" and insist that it's not "open borders" unless they use those specific words in that specific order. Then you'll just hand-waive away the combination of decriminalizing illegal entry to the US, not detaining illegal entrants and letting them move about wherever they like while they're here illegally, completely revising rules regarding what constitutes legitimate political asylum in order to allow anyone from a poorer country to be considered an asylum seeker, extending automatic citizenship to anyone who has been in the us illegally for a certain amount of time, extending full citizenship to anyone born on US soil along with their parents even if the parents entered illegally, and expanding significant protections and rights to people who illegally enter the country.

For consideration, read Warren's position:

A Fair and Welcoming Immigration System

All of those are positions upheld by multiple Democratic politicians. And taken in totality, there's no meaningful distinction between that and the generalized term "open borders". A set of policies that effectively eliminate the ability to refuse entry to anyone who wishes it, while simultaneously disallowing prosecution and deportation of those who entered illegally is not materially different from being an open border.

Well... there were several of them during the last election cycle.

I expect this is where you'll pull a bit of "no true scotsman" and insist that it's not "open borders" unless they use those specific words in that specific order. Then you'll just hand-waive away the combination of decriminalizing illegal entry to the US, not detaining illegal entrants and letting them move about wherever they like while they're here illegally, completely revising rules regarding what constitutes legitimate political asylum in order to allow anyone from a poorer country to be considered an asylum seeker, extending automatic citizenship to anyone who has been in the us illegally for a certain amount of time, extending full citizenship to anyone born on US soil along with their parents even if the parents entered illegally, and expanding significant protections and rights to people who illegally enter the country.

For consideration, read Warren's position:

A Fair and Welcoming Immigration System

All of those are positions upheld by multiple Democratic politicians. And taken in totality, there's no meaningful distinction between that and the generalized term "open borders". A set of policies that effectively eliminate the ability to refuse entry to anyone who wishes it, while simultaneously disallowing prosecution and deportation of those who entered illegally is not materially different from being an open border.
None of the cites you posted were for open borders. Frankly, this reeks of desperation after being called out for your failure about the Dem platform.

See your post 344.

Some Democrats? Evidence?

Back
Top Bottom