• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

Has anyone ever actually seen Trump laugh? I don't mean the little "hehheh" he does after he insults someone, but an actual laugh.
He's a maladjusted and insecure non-year-old. They don't laugh either. Arizona's Mark Kelly was talking about this very thing. Does anyone remember Leon Panetta? That mofo laughed all the time.
Just ran across this. I haven't read it yet but I thought it was apropos.

Has anyone ever actually seen Trump laugh? I don't mean the little "hehheh" he does after he insults someone, but an actual laugh.
He's a maladjusted and insecure non-year-old. They don't laugh either. Arizona's Mark Kelly was talking about this very thing. Does anyone remember Leon Panetta? That mofo laughed all the time.

The last two paragraphs and the summary.

Few true enjoyment smiles. By contrast, Donald Trump rarely looks happy. Smiles that occur when someone is really enjoying themselves involve not only zygomaticus major, AU12, but also constriction of the muscles around the eyes (orbicularis oculi ) especially in the lateral area that create crow’s feet (FACS AU6; Ekman et al., 1990). Even in contexts when he should be most happy—in the midst of adulation from his base during a rally—we see posturing, but not joy. I have never seen him laugh. Perhaps he laughs and enjoys himself on the golf course—I hope it is so!—but I am not privy to close-up shots of his face in the midst of a golf game.

Taken together, what does this all mean? As I implied earlier, facial expressions and other displays of emotion do not tell us their causes: We need to consult context. Considered across their many contexts and repeated display, Trump’s facial repertoire suggests these things to me about the 45th President of the United States:

• He has a great deal of fear under the surface.
  • He tries to position himself as superior to others, whether he truly sees himself that way or not.
  • He is rarely happy.

The last two paragraphs and the summary.

Few true enjoyment smiles. By contrast, Donald Trump rarely looks happy. Smiles that occur when someone is really enjoying themselves involve not only zygomaticus major, AU12, but also constriction of the muscles around the eyes (orbicularis oculi ) especially in the lateral area that create crow’s feet (FACS AU6; Ekman et al., 1990). Even in contexts when he should be most happy—in the midst of adulation from his base during a rally—we see posturing, but not joy. I have never seen him laugh. Perhaps he laughs and enjoys himself on the golf course—I hope it is so!—but I am not privy to close-up shots of his face in the midst of a golf game.

Taken together, what does this all mean? As I implied earlier, facial expressions and other displays of emotion do not tell us their causes: We need to consult context. Considered across their many contexts and repeated display, Trump’s facial repertoire suggests these things to me about the 45th President of the United States:

• He has a great deal of fear under the surface.
  • He tries to position himself as superior to others, whether he truly sees himself that way or not.
  • He is rarely happy.
As a side note.
Darwin made some amazing observations about the muscle used when smiling.
Even if you force a smile it can make you feel better!

Once again, with Trump every accusation is a confession.

Omarosa Manigault Newman called out Trump during an appearance on CNN’s Laura Coates Live Wednesday night, saying that she distinctly remembered him identifying as Swedish, “because he didn’t want to acknowledge that his father was German and his mother was Irish, and he thought that that would play better to those who were patronizing his businesses.”

“So can we call the question, his past of self-identifying as first Swedish, then German, and then Irish whenever it’s convenient?”

So Trump turned Irish, but he was always German?

Once again, with Trump every accusation is a confession.

Omarosa Manigault Newman called out Trump during an appearance on CNN’s Laura Coates Live Wednesday night, saying that she distinctly remembered him identifying as Swedish, “because he didn’t want to acknowledge that his father was German and his mother was Irish, and he thought that that would play better to those who were patronizing his businesses.”

“So can we call the question, his past of self-identifying as first Swedish, then German, and then Irish whenever it’s convenient?”

So Trump turned Irish, but he was always German?
Someone should look into that.

Back
Top Bottom