• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

On the one hand, her voting record is there in black-and-white, and compared to her fellow senators, she is clearly at the far left during her whole role as a senator
I am unaware of the votes she cast that reflect far right views. I’m open to learning, but my opinion might vary from yours. 😝

I am considerably left of you, but have drifted pretty far right since SDS days. I’m pretty sure - or biased - that Harris is a straight shooter conservative populist by 1960s measure.
That's my impression as well.

The Root, of course, had a few takes:

Did Black Journalists Get Played by Inviting Trump to Its NABJ Convention in Chicago? Trump's treatment of Black America and journalists raises questions on 'both-siderism' in news

Claiming to have improved employment and rescued HBCUs that Trump says were collectively “stone-cold broke,” he boasted that “I’m the best person for the Black population since Abraham Lincoln.” His comments drew groans, sighs and laughter from attendees, who had stood in what one called a “ridiculously long” line snaking into a ballroom filled to capacity, as protesters demonstrated outside the building.“
NABJ got played,” one journalist said before Trump’s appearance. “If you look at what Trump immediately said on social media, it was clear what his intention was — to embarrass Kamala Harris. He doesn’t denounce violence against journalists; he has aligned himself with folks who wish Black people harm.”
Trump claimed that he was invited to the convention “under false pretenses” since President Joe Biden had been scheduled to appear in person before bowing out of the campaign. With the tight turnaround, Harris was unable to appear in person and will likely speak to NABJ in September.
Trump is a hard guy to question. He is the only politician I'm aware of that gets away with whining about being treated unfairly. As fair as playing them, I disagree. While his performance might play well with his base, his base isn't growing. Meanwhile there is a particular base with a good deal of growth potential for Harris, that Trump really managed to help convince to turn out.

I would suppose his largest failure (or perhaps most worrying statement) was in claiming illegal immigration was the primary threat to blacks, almost in an Old Europe divide and conquer mechanism for colonization. Getting the locals to hate each other instead of the colonizers who are pillaging.

You mean the one who said he wasn't taking political donations because he was so rich? That one?
I should have said "no other candidate could survive this."

I went back and watched the whole fiasco. It's arguably worse than just watching the clips. His "pivot" away from racist attacks on Harris was to return to his "classic hit" of calling anyone brown coming into the country as a criminal, then adding that they're trying to steal not just American jobs, but "black jobs." Racism on top of racism. He also doubled down on his promise to pardon the J6 rioters who attacked cops, hemmed and hawed over whether or not a cop who shot an innocent black woman should be given immunity, and repeatedly attacked one of the moderators. The Harris campaign is likely pretty happy about this, as it coincides with their debut of her "say it to my face" slogan. I'm willing to bet they're thinking "it sucks we only have 3 months to keep repeating this stuff, because in a normal campaign this would last us a whole year."

Oh, and he just came out on Trump Sociopath and claimed that he "crushed it."
Most of the pundits think he did that to please his base. I watched it live and had to laugh at his stupidity and nasty attitude. Once again, he claimed that he had done more for Black people than any president since Lincoln. He did his little number about immigrants taking Black jobs. When he was asked what Black jobs were, he said any job. This man is so obviously mentally ill and likely suffering from early dementia. I wish more people realized that, as it's so apparent. But, I know that once someone drinks the Kool-Aide, it's close to impossible to help them understand they are victims of a dangerous cult. I tend to think he met with the Black reporters because he wanted attention, since Harris is getting so much more attention than him. Narcissists need attention. He sure is getting plenty of attention over his idiotic, nasty performance, so I guess he's accomplished his goal. :confused:

Trump is a hard guy to question. He is the only politician I'm aware of that gets away with whining about being treated unfairly. As fair as playing them, I disagree. While his performance might play well with his base, his base isn't growing. Meanwhile there is a particular base with a good deal of growth potential for Harris, that Trump really managed to help convince to turn out.

I would suppose his largest failure (or perhaps most worrying statement) was in claiming illegal immigration was the primary threat to blacks, almost in an Old Europe divide and conquer mechanism for colonization. Getting the locals to hate each other instead of the colonizers who are pillaging.
That's because he and his worshippers are a bunch of scientific and logical illiterates who go day to day running on feelings and have no regard or respect for another groups desires or opinions or information. They're essentially a bunch of cokeheads salivating for their next fix.

Last edited:
He is the only politician I'm aware of that gets away with whining about being treated unfairly.
I would LOVE it if someone would force him to answer “why are you always always always complaining about the treatment you get, even while you’re insulting someone else?”

Did I actually say open borders?
See your post 344.

In the same post you stated that the Democratic platform, which has not yet been written, calls for “elimination of the police.” The Democrats have never called for any such thing, just as they have never called for open borders.
Thanks @pood . I had forgotten what the other half of the falsehood was.
*Some* of the republican party platform family values, just as *some* of the democratic party platform the elimination of the police and open borders.
the wiggle room I expect Emily to claim is “some”, reducing the violation to false equivalence rather than outright falsehood.
The FACT that the family values trope WAS the Republican part for decades doesn’t matter due to existence of a few (“some”) Dem nutbars.

*Some* of the republican party platform family values, just as *some* of the democratic party platform the elimination of the police and open borders.
the wiggle room I expect Emily to claim is “some”, reducing the violation to false equivalence rather than outright falsehood.
The FACT that the family values trope WAS the Republican part for decades doesn’t matter due to existence of a few (“some”) Dem nutbars.

There is no SOME of the platform. It is either in the platform, or it is not. These two things were NEVER in any Democratic Party platform, and certainly will not be this year. This is EXACTLY the kind of lie propounded by Fox News, which Emily claims not to watch.

This is EXACTLY the kind of lie propounded by Fox News, which Emily claims not to watch.

Talk radio, Faux Nooz, OAN, NewsMax, Xitter, TROOF Social… it’s multimedia, totally immersive environmental saturation messaging.
I’m fairly sure @Emily has no idea where she picked up those lies.
But apparently they jibed with her preconceptions, and so became “truth”, as in “truth social”.

Donald Trump falsely suggests Kamala Harris ‘happened to turn Black’

Former President Donald Trump falsely claimed Wednesday that his 2024 Democratic rival, Vice President Kamala Harris, “happened to turn Black” a few years ago, saying that “all of a sudden, she made a turn” in her identity.

Trump’s comments at a gathering of Black journalists in Chicago came when an interviewer asked him whether he agreed with Republicans on Capitol Hill who have characterized Harris as a “DEI hire.” Trump responded by questioning Harris’ heritage.

“She was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago, when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black. So I don’t know, is she Indian or is she Black?” the former president said.

But keep trying to claim Trump isn't racist, fucking idiots.

See your post 344.

In the same post you stated that the Democratic platform, which has not yet been written, calls for “elimination of the police.” The Democrats have never called for any such thing, just as they have never called for open borders.

Emily, it would be very useful if you could tell us what event or essay or information source caused you to acquire the idea that the Dem platform held either of these two principles (calling for eimination of police, calling for open borders).

I mean, it would be useful in this discussion, but likely it would be even more useful to you, personally to reflect on what caused you to begin thinking something was a fact when it is not, was not, and has never been, a fact. …And then not only forgot you said it, but were surprised that you said it.

I feel like this is exactly how the lie gets around the world twice before the truth even gets its boots on.

I might add that “eliminate the police” was never even synonymous with the “defund the police” movement that arose in the wake of the George Floyd killing. “Defund the police” mainly meant to reallocate some funding from police departments to social services that could better deal with distressed people than police could. “Eliminate the police” was pretty much never a thing, anywhere, much less in the Democratic platform.

See your post 344.

Actually it has been written. You can download a pdf here.
Even without reading it, I bet it says nothing about open borders and eliminating the police.

They don’t actually write the platform until the convention, though I’m sure they are drafting it prior to that.

Emily, it would be very useful if you could tell us what event or essay or information source caused you to acquire the idea that the Dem platform held either of these two principles (calling for eimination of police, calling for open borders).
I think this is an excellent idea.

Back
Top Bottom