• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

The audience doesn't seem to be nearly as incensed as the commentators on your video are. Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it.
OMG! They were laughing at him, not with him.
Yes. That was very obvious. Especially when he commented that some of the journalists there were black. Really?!? At the National Association of Black Journalists?? Did he even know where he was?
I'm genuinely baffled that you did not understand the obvious humor involved in that statement. I'm baffled that you're expressing outrage.

“outrage” is a bit of a stretch when interpreting my comments. Please don’t project onto me what you may be feeling about others.
If the venue had been one that was NOT entirely a black audience, I sincerely doubt he would have said it. It's funny *because* of the venue. And despite the many people insisting they were all laughing at Trump, I credit that room full of black journalists with having more of a sense of humor than you seem to give them credit for.

Perhaps it was actually a joke. Unfortunately having listened to him enough I can’t honestly tell if when he is joking. Most of his “jokes” are so unfunny that I wouldn’t know if you didn’t point it out.

Look - if your position was that it was crass or tasteless, I'd get your point.

He’s definitely crass and tasteless.

Like I said, I don't think "comedian" is a selling point for a president. And I completely understand the perspective that this was a poor choice of venue to make that sort of a joke.

Good political judgement would seem to be a positive selling point for a president. He doesn’t have that here.

But to act like he was unaware of his audience, or that it wasn't intended as humor... well that's just a willful blind spot on your part. By his intonation, body language, and delivery, it was clearly intended to be funny. And I think that the audience understood the humor.
As I said, I have listened to him enough to not be able to tell if he’s joking or not. Was thinking that injecting bleach or UV inside a body to cure Covid a joke? Was saying that Kamala suddenly became black a joke? Was saying that Christians will never have to vote again a joke? Saying he wants to a dictator for a day, was that a joke?

Last edited:

But to act like he was unaware of his audience, or that it wasn't intended as humor... well that's just a willful blind spot on your part. By his intonation, body language, and delivery, it was clearly intended to be funny. And I think that the audience understood the humor.
As I said, I have listened to him enough to not be able to tell if he’s joking or not? Was thinking that injecting bleach or UV inside a body to cure Covid a joke?
No. He thought scientists should look into it. That is what he said. Jokes are delivered in different ways than exposures of utter ignorance.
Was saying that Kamala suddenly became black a joke?
No. He is desperately trying to convince black voters that Kamala Harris is trying to use her identity for political purposes, that they shouldn't support her because she doesn't identify with them. It couldn't possibly be a joke as the alt-right media were following up on it immediately and there were article screen shots at a campaign rally that day regarding Harris and her race. It is desperate!

When someone cannot bring themselves to say the plain truth, when someone can only prevaricate at the suggestion of doing so, yeah, it's a pretty big sign of apologia for the alternative, that they either do not believe that which is the truth or that they have outright disdain for the fact they refuse to speak.

It's like the good old fashioned "vampire test" rules. Were we to find ourselves in a world where vampires were real (and were bound to "the old rules"), it would be a regular occurrence after sundown to expect people to enter a home uninvited on occasion.

Similarly, we are in a world where humans, for whatever reason, tend to have a very hard time saying things they believe the opposite of, especially when saying that thing SHOULD be really easy. People will do all sorts of things to say something other than exactly the opposite of what they believe.

Some people do this by saying "both sides", some people don't by saying "people are saying". Sometimes they say it by clamming up and just never returning to the topic.

I could tell people all day long "Trump is a racist, rapist, pedophile, and criminal". I could do it as easy as breathing, nearly. It's nearly reflexive and requires no effort.

I haven't met anyone yet who has a hard time saying that except for MAGA hats.

So, when someone expressed some abnormal difficulties in saying what should be very easy, it is much like in vampire-world where we all just expect each other to take the occasional trip into a friend's house uninvited: we get to see through a fairly simple and straightforward test whether someone is drinking the Tang as it were.

It is very much a form of apologia, albeit a weak and mealy-mouthed sort, the sort that comes from tacit omissions rather than bald faced lies or loud claims. It is an apologia meant to pull people over slowly, and in many cases it is a form of apologia that works to merely avoid topics, avoid taking positions, or to avoid saying what their position is.

Still, it is a form of apologia nonetheless and can be exposed readily by asking someone to say something an easily verified truth that goes against "the party line" of those who readily reject the truth in favor of their own cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:
Incidentally, Kamala Harri's VP appointment will almost certainly be a white male (there are several very good candidates). This is because she would want a balance, so no woman and no black man. This could be called a DEI selection, and is of course strategic.
Of course, the difference is that unlike in the cartoon the successful candidate will not be chosen merely because of their race and gender.
That is also true of most alleged DEI appointments, such as that of Kamala Harris herself as VP. Whilst race and gender may be criteria, they are not most important, that is merit (on the Democrat side anyway, not so much on the Republican side, as they seem to have a terrible pool to select from, hence J.D. Vance).

Instead of dealing with policies or zctions by Ms Harris, we see Magadolts and their dupes try to paint her as a radical. It is as if they have no idea what a radical is.
And when they engage in such nonsense attacks it makes it clear they don't have any valid gripes. Being the target of such nonsense should be seen as a positive thing.

FYI - You'll want to skip to about an hour and 13 minutes in on the PBS version, that's where it actually starts. Why they posted over an hour of empty stage I don't know.
Live event--You pretty much have to start the streaming in advance and I don't think they can edit it out.

then adding that they're trying to steal not just American jobs, but "black jobs."
Apparently all job are "black jobs" now. Wutta fucking moron...
If I wanted to be fired by the end of tomorrow, I'd go into the office and ask the head of our crisis management team (who was formerly an intelligence analyst at the Pentagon) if she was doing a "black job" and worried that it would be taken from her by a migrant worker.

And that's the thing that's baffling. If Trump said any of this in a meeting with a manager at just about any job, he'd be walked out the door by security.
Well, I could see her job being a black job, but how could a migrant get a TS/SCI clearance in order to do such a job? :)

And taken in totality, there's no meaningful distinction between that and the generalized term "open borders".
That’s YOUR subjective take and IMHO it’s patent bullshit.
Take for example Warren’s plan to re-make CBP and ICE.
You probably don’t know it but those agencies were radically transformed from basically humanitarian ops, into what amount to torture and death squads by Donald Trump. That’s not hyperbole. They need to be re-transformed to do precisely what Warren specifies.

There is no indication that border security will be relaxed by any standard except Emily’s, let alone any mention of Open Borders.
Emily, is “medium.com” a usual source for you?

My Uncle Donald Trump Told Me Disabled Americans Like My Son ‘Should Just Die’

But don't worry, I'm sure there's somehow a positive spin on this and Trump isn't nearly as terrible as we think he is! (sarcasm)

"You see...he was just joking! The Donald has a hilarious sense of humor! That's just Trump, and if you don't get the joke you're just a sad liberal cuck who hates America!"
Has anyone ever actually seen Trump laugh? I don't mean the little "hehheh" he does after he insults someone, but an actual laugh.

My Uncle Donald Trump Told Me Disabled Americans Like My Son ‘Should Just Die’

But don't worry, I'm sure there's somehow a positive spin on this and Trump isn't nearly as terrible as we think he is! (sarcasm)

"You see...he was just joking! The Donald has a hilarious sense of humor! That's just Trump, and if you don't get the joke you're just a sad liberal cuck who hates America!"
Has anyone ever actually seen Trump laugh? I don't mean the little "hehheh" he does after he insults someone, but an actual laugh.
Of course not, that would be gay. The only emotion a real man feels is rage.

He's a maladjusted and insecure non-year-old. They don't laugh either. Arizona's Mark Kelly was talking about this very thing. Does anyone remember Leon Panetta? That mofo laughed all the time.

That doesn't mean it's actually happening. Do you think there are obstetricians out there who would actually abort and kill a nine month unborn baby just because mom says so? I've only heard of one such person and he went to jail for a very long time.

You've fallen for the propaganda.
Excellent point-out.

thebeave said:
Regardless, if only 1% of OB/GYNs in those seven states actually would approve and are doing it, that still adds up. So, I would say the answer to your question is most certainly "yes".

Adds up to what? :rolleyes:

He's a maladjusted and insecure non-year-old. They don't laugh either. Arizona's Mark Kelly was talking about this very thing. Does anyone remember Leon Panetta? That mofo laughed all the time.

Yet when Kamala (or for that matter, Hillary Clinton) laughs, the right wing characterizes it as "cackling."

Every. Single. Time.

When a strong woman (perhaps sporting a pantsuit) has run for office on the Democratic side of things, the play from the right wing has often been to call them "shrill." JD Vance's characterization of them as "childless cat ladies" is not new. Even when a prominent liberal woman has children, they try to make the "shrill, cackling" thing stick anyway.

They couldn't really bring that against Michelle Obama (as she didn't have a "cackling" laugh, had two kids, and was a strong black woman) so they went with the racism or - in something which I'm sure is not unfamiliar to our educated readers - the suggestion that she is in fact a man. In fact I'm at a loss to identify the last liberal woman politician the right wing showed any modicum of respect for.

Back
Top Bottom