• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

Instead of dealing with policies or zctions by Ms Harris, we see Magadolts and their dupes try to paint her as a radical. It is as if they have no idea what a radical is.

Last edited:
So, anyone see clips of Trump's interview with the National Association of Black Journalists? The Bulwark (never Trump former Republican outfit) posted a good summary with clips:

No candidate could survive this, but I bet his supporters loved it.

Interesting.

I tried watching your Bulwark thing, but the narration and opinions of those two guys was annoying. I watched a couple of the clips they showed... and then I got tired of it and just went and watched the un-narrated PBS video.

FYI - You'll want to skip to about an hour and 13 minutes in on the PBS version, that's where it actually starts. Why they posted over an hour of empty stage I don't know.

Anyway, some interesting take-aways from what I have watched. The audience doesn't seem to be nearly as incensed as the commentators on your video are. Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it. Granted, I'm not really looking for a comedian for president so I that's not really a selling factor for me. He definitely sucks at staying on topic and giving a concise answer - but he is generally respectful of both the interviewers*** and the audience as a whole. Now, like I said, I only made it half way, so perhaps he turns into a raving racist asshole during the second half.

I also need to go double check, but it seems like the first snip that Bulwark shows has edited out a lot of Trump's response, and they seem to be cherry picking bits to make it look worse. But I only watched theirs once, so perhaps I'm mistaken.

*** ETA - well, he's respectful of two of the interviewers, and takes several jabs at the other one.

Last edited:
Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it.
Mostly they were laughing AT him.
. He definitely sucks at staying on topic and giving a concise answer - but he is generally respectful of both the interviewers and the audience as a whole.
logorrhea ain’t pretty. A respectful interviewee wouldn’t talk over and shout down the interviewer.
Not sure what you watched. Did you pick up any new info about Dems’ border policy?
perhaps he turns into a raving racist asshole during the second half.
Nope - same raving racist asshole as in the first half.

I also need to go double check, but it seems like the first snip that Bulwark shows has edited out a lot of Trump's response, and they seem to be cherry picking bits to make it look worse. But I only watched theirs once, so perhaps I'm mistaken.

*** ETA - well, he's respectful of two of the interviewers, and takes several jabs at the other one.
You must have a very different definition of respectful. Oh, and those laughs weren't "ha ha, he's funny" but rather "ha ha, can you believe he's saying this shit?"

This was an unmitigated disaster for Trump.

So, anyone see clips of Trump's interview with the National Association of Black Journalists? The Bulwark (never Trump former Republican outfit) posted a good summary with clips:

I saw that. you beat me to posting it. It's his vitriol towards journalists in general turn up to eleven because they are black and female,

Interesting.

I tried watching your Bulwark thing, but the narration and opinions of those two guys was annoying. I watched a couple of the clips they showed... and then I got tired of it and just went and watched the un-narrated PBS video.

FYI - You'll want to skip to about an hour and 13 minutes in on the PBS version, that's where it actually starts. Why they posted over an hour of empty stage I don't know.

Anyway, some interesting take-aways from what I have watched. The audience doesn't seem to be nearly as incensed as the commentators on your video are. Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it. Granted, I'm not really looking for a comedian for president so I that's not really a selling factor for me. He definitely sucks at staying on topic and giving a concise answer - but he is generally respectful of both the interviewers*** and the audience as a whole. Now, like I said, I only made it half way, so perhaps he turns into a raving racist asshole during the second half.

Holy fuck! Ridiculous Trump apologia. The veracity of your denial of Trump support is skating on thin ice.

then adding that they're trying to steal not just American jobs, but "black jobs."
Apparently all job are "black jobs" now. Wutta fucking moron...
If I wanted to be fired by the end of tomorrow, I'd go into the office and ask the head of our crisis management team (who was formerly an intelligence analyst at the Pentagon) if she was doing a "black job" and worried that it would be taken from her by a migrant worker.

And that's the thing that's baffling. If Trump said any of this in a meeting with a manager at just about any job, he'd be walked out the door by security.

In a real world no candidate could survive this, but in the unreal fantasy world the USA has turned into that statement changes the could to should (as your post below states).
You mean the one who said he wasn't taking political donations because he was so rich? That one?
I should have said "no other candidate could survive this."

I went back and watched the whole fiasco. It's arguably worse than just watching the clips. His "pivot" away from racist attacks on Harris was to return to his "classic hit" of calling anyone brown coming into the country as a criminal, then adding that they're trying to steal not just American jobs, but "black jobs." Racism on top of racism. He also doubled down on his promise to pardon the J6 rioters who attacked cops, hemmed and hawed over whether or not a cop who shot an innocent black woman should be given immunity, and repeatedly attacked one of the moderators. The Harris campaign is likely pretty happy about this, as it coincides with their debut of her "say it to my face" slogan. I'm willing to bet they're thinking "it sucks we only have 3 months to keep repeating this stuff, because in a normal campaign this would last us a whole year."

Oh, and he just came out on Trump Sociopath and claimed that he "crushed it."

then adding that they're trying to steal not just American jobs, but "black jobs."
Apparently all job are "black jobs" now. Wutta fucking moron...
Hopefully, as a result of November 2024, starting in January 2025 POTUS will be a "black job" and also a "woman's job", and the USA will be able to repair most of the immense damage Trump and MAGA have done (added to what President Biden has achieved of course, despite many obstacles).

The audience doesn't seem to be nearly as incensed as the commentators on your video are. Trump gets a surprising number of laughs throughout it.
OMG! They were laughing at him, not with him.
Yes. That was very obvious. Especially when he commented that some of the journalists there were black. Really?!? At the National Association of Black Journalists?? Did he even know where he was?

The scary part is that this seems to be coordinated and the far right news media is running with this crap.

I want to thank Emily Lake for the video of yhe actual event. I have to give Mr Trump credit for actually showing up. But his performance in the 1st 15 minutes was atrocious. He walked onto the stage like a reluctant child. He was rude and disrespectful because he did not shake the hands of 2 of the 3 journalists. He was rude to the 1st journalist . He whined about yhe delay. He accused them of getting there under false pretences. He referred to ns Harris by her 1st nsme. And to top off the numerous groaners, he claimed that she (Ms Harris) used to be Asian snd then suddenly she became Black.

If the Dems use just those instances in ads, he won’t get any votes from black women.

I was wincing at his performance.

On the one hand, her voting record is there in black-and-white, and compared to her fellow senators, she is clearly at the far left during her whole role as a senator
I am unaware of the votes she cast that reflect far right views. I’m open to learning, but my opinion might vary from yours. 😝

I am considerably left of you, but have drifted pretty far right since SDS days. I’m pretty sure - or biased - that Harris is a straight shooter conservative populist by 1960s measure.

I also don't support completely unfettered abortions, because at some point a fetus is a baby.
That’s not in question within legal circles. What is in question, is who gets to say where ”some point” lies.
Is it up to patients, medical professionals or politicians?
One advantage of keeping goddam politicians out of it is that doctors and patients know exactly what’s going on with the pregnancy, whereas politicians are by necessity required to apply blanket solutions in complete ignorance of a woman’s or her fetus’ specific medical evaluation.
Third trimester optional abortions are vanishingly rare.
Not worth putting smelly old white men in every gynecologist’s exam room.

/derail
Apologies…

The Root, of course, had a few takes:

Did Black Journalists Get Played by Inviting Trump to Its NABJ Convention in Chicago? Trump's treatment of Black America and journalists raises questions on 'both-siderism' in news

Claiming to have improved employment and rescued HBCUs that Trump says were collectively “stone-cold broke,” he boasted that “I’m the best person for the Black population since Abraham Lincoln.” His comments drew groans, sighs and laughter from attendees, who had stood in what one called a “ridiculously long” line snaking into a ballroom filled to capacity, as protesters demonstrated outside the building.“
NABJ got played,” one journalist said before Trump’s appearance. “If you look at what Trump immediately said on social media, it was clear what his intention was — to embarrass Kamala Harris. He doesn’t denounce violence against journalists; he has aligned himself with folks who wish Black people harm.”
Trump claimed that he was invited to the convention “under false pretenses” since President Joe Biden had been scheduled to appear in person before bowing out of the campaign. With the tight turnaround, Harris was unable to appear in person and will likely speak to NABJ in September.

Back
Top Bottom