• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Remember When ...?

Remember when you had to wear your gym shorts to school under your pants? Remember the day you forgot?

Remember when you used to hide your winter boots (the one's with the buckles) in the neighbor's bushes so you could slide on the ice going to school? Remember the day walking home they were gone?

Remember when "That's it. I'm telling your father." meant something?

Growing up in a neighbourhood where I was the only one with a father, the neighbourhood kids got used to 'You wait till Mr B comes home!'. :D

dd_11.gif
Remember when Marcie died? And your first thought was, 'Whoa, where did she get the cool dragon?!'

Attachments

• 0046_10.gif
    0046_10.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 2
Remember when mom made you pluck chicken she decapitated because you crippled it after it attacked you when you were four. If not, whippersnapper.

i REMEMBER THE HEADLESS CHICKEN DANCE.

Remember when commercials had continuing characters? I remember wondering if those two selling the coffee were ever going to have sex... I don't find myself wondering about the insurance spokesperson's sex life. She's cute, but there's no sense of a life outside of the commercials...

Remember when Johnny Carson could joke about a toilet paper shortage and brought the country to its knees as frightened nation began wildly hoarding the stuff? There was an empty shelf in the paper aisle at the supermarket today and my first thought was 'Not again!' My second thought was, 'But, no, no one has that sort of power these days.'

Remember when Johnny Carson could joke about a toilet paper shortage and brought the country to its knees as frightened nation began wildly hoarding the stuff? There was an empty shelf in the paper aisle at the supermarket today and my first thought was 'Not again!' My second thought was, 'But, no, no one has that sort of power these days.'

Was Oprah talking toilet paper?

Thanks everyone, for reminding me how much younger I am than most of the user base.

All of my remember-whens are tame as hell compared to this Stone Age shit.

Like, remember when it took two dozen tries to get a game cartridge to load on the NES/Sega Master System? Or remember when smoking was cool? Of course you fucking do--chances are that even your kids remember that stuff.

Thanks everyone, for reminding me how much younger I am than most of the user base.

All of my remember-whens are tame as hell compared to this Stone Age shit.

Like, remember when it took two dozen tries to get a game cartridge to load on the NES/Sega Master System? Or remember when smoking was cool? Of course you fucking do--chances are that even your kids remember that stuff.

I remember the old Atari game console.. does that help?

I remember paying a quarter to play Pong in bars...
So, I was old enough to be in a bar when Pong was STATE OF THE ART!

Attachments

• 655c4d69826c4d37f062bd56bbe9c5c2.jpg
    655c4d69826c4d37f062bd56bbe9c5c2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
I remember smashing the red paper 'cap' for cap guns with rocks on the cement. Loved the smell of those things! I cannot imaging my child outside playing with one of those things now.

Remember when commercials had continuing characters? I remember wondering if those two selling the coffee were ever going to have sex... I don't find myself wondering about the insurance spokesperson's sex life. She's cute, but there's no sense of a life outside of the commercials...

We have Rhonda and Katut. That is very much alive and well in Australia.

I can remember having an ice box that had real ice.

I remember smashing the red paper 'cap' for cap guns with rocks on the cement. Loved the smell of those things! I cannot imaging my child outside playing with one of those things now.

I remember setting them off by scraping a fingernail over them, just to show how cool we were. Yep, we were idiots.

Remember smashing cans of pop so you could slide those cheap little firecrackers inside and POP them back up to full extension?

Remember how interesting it was that the cans always seemed to fold along the same creases no matter how many times you crushed them?

Remember your dad making you look up the word 'shrapnel' and memorize the definition?

Remember when whining about the size of the bandage did nothing to change his mind because 'you can turn pages in the dictionary with your left goddamned hand, as long as you still have it!'

Back
Top Bottom