• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

It keeps getting more interesting. It seems that Donnie Junior knew exactly what that meeting he invited Kushner and Manafort to was about. The story changes daily.

ETA I left out the part about him knowing that the information to be provided was from Russian intelligence.

People in their right minds know that when they invite people for a meeting they know what it is about.

They wanted dirt on Hillary, thought they'd get it from that meeting and knew it was coming from the Kremlin. This is all known and admitted .
Still no evidence of collusion, right WP? Only attempted collusion, which must be just peachy in the mind of a Russian troll.
And bear in mind, this is only a part of what is known to investigators.

People in their right minds know that when they invite people for a meeting they know what it is about.

They wanted dirt on Hillary, thought they'd get it from that meeting and knew it was coming from the Kremlin. This is all known and admitted .
Still no evidence of collusion, right WP? Only attempted collusion, which must be just peachy in the mind of a Russian troll.

If that's all it was it was a normal US election. To think otherwise is a symptom of Electoral Dysfunction. :)

If that's all it was it was a normal US election. To think otherwise is a symptom of Electoral Dysfunction. :)

So does any of the lying bother you?

If not, why?

If not, why?

Both sides are just as bad. Lies seem to be on the part of both sides, even if those asserting 'honestly believed what their sources told them was true.'

However the method of investigation using high profile media tends to backfire even if the target is guilty. Assuming a party to be guilty then a half-cocked assertion orchestrated through the media can also enable the investigated party to cover its tracks early before the smoking gun is discovered.

Actually it isn't normal for a US election. It's considered treasonous.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, why?

TR-L trains a Scientologist to lie.

It isn't attempted collusion, it'd be conspiracy to commit collusion with a foreign agent.

Donald Jr tweeted today:
Sociopath said:
Media & Dems are extremely invested in the Russia story. If this nonsense meeting is all they have after a yr, I understand the desperation!
The funny thing is that the Russian Lawyer says the meeting was only about the adoption laws. Which means Trump indicated he was conspiring to commit a crime, while the Russian says, it was an innocent meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, why?

They don't even do a good job of it. Our troll is reduced to parroting trumpian deflections - no matter what kind of heinous crimes they commit, there's always "Yabut what about HILLARY!!!???"

Sorry, bozo - that someone else may have committed a similar offense does not exonerate the one caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Hillary is not President.
What's obvious now, is that we have a President who tried to collude with the Russians (we don't know if or how well he succeeded, but the visible evidence is mounting), and that he and his entire staff have been lying about it from day one. By my count, it now comes to about a dozen meeting held with seven of Cheato's closest campaign officials, each meeting having been "forgotten" until the so-called "fake news" media came up with the "real news" news about each meeting. Then. even as they scream and whine about fake news, they admit to those meetings. But never until they are forced to do so by the very sources they decry as false... and this is only the tip of the iceberg being examined by investigators - the part that has become public.

I don't know everything about Hillary and Ukraine, but I know it's not relevant here, except as a diversion from shit that would have landed Hillary in jail if she had committed it. Go ahead, alien-boy; tell us that none of your "there is no there there" mouthpieces would have tried to raise hell if Hillary had been caught with even a tenth of this kind of red-handed lying and collusion with an enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, why?

As I mentioned both sides in the elections look for dirt on each other. I'm not sure how seeking it from a Russian or a German would be treasonous. Media and Politicians share the same trough which has not limit on size and location.

My understanding is treason is an act against a country and or head of state and perhaps as suggested if Russia is considered an enemy unless the candidate for Presidency is considered government.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, why?

They don't even do a good job of it. Our troll is reduced to parroting trumpian deflections - no matter what kind of heinous crimes they commit, there's always "Yabut what about HILLARY!!!???"

Sorry, bozo - that someone else may have committed a similar offense does not exonerate the one caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Hillary is not President.
What's obvious now, is that we have a President who tried to collude with the Russians (we don't know if or how well he succeeded, but the visible evidence is mounting), and that he and his entire staff have been lying about it from day one. By my count, it now comes to about a dozen meeting held with seven of Cheato's closest campaign officials, each meeting having been "forgotten" until the so-called "fake news" media came up with the "real news" news about each meeting. Then. even as they scream and whine about fake news, they admit to those meetings. But never until they are forced to do so by the very sources they decry as false... and this is only the tip of the iceberg being examined by investigators - the part that has become public.

I don't know everything about Hillary and Ukraine, but I know it's not relevant here, except as a diversion from shit that would have landed Hillary in jail if she had committed it. Go ahead, alien-boy; tell us that none of your "there is no there there" mouthpieces would have tried to raise hell if Hillary had been caught with even a tenth of this kind of red-handed lying and collusion with an enemy.

Seems to have been a lot of icebergs but the tips melted. This again is something that may well amount to nothing of importance. This was election time and both campaigns were combing the sewers for something to use.

This latest piece of news seems to show there is evidence of confusion rather than collusion.

This again is something that may well amount to nothing of importance.

That depends on whether the rethuglican congress believes that their constituents will still be swallowing their "Yabut WHAT BOUT HILLARY???" diversion as the 2018 midterms approach.
The FACT of attempted collusion is already well-established in the public domain. A reasonable person would be wondering how much deeper it runs for the actual investigators. But you're not a reasonable person in that regard, so sure - it's all about ... nothing.

I predict that the excuse will morph into "Yabut - collusion with Russians is a GOOD thing!" over the next few months.

You forgot me :)
WP isn't an apologist, he is a stooge, as is Will Wiley. barbos is the apologist.

Yup. Note how he thinks that the issue of the day is Russia colluding with Trump, rather than Trump attempting to collude with the Kremlin. Doesn't even TRY to defend that... but wants to make sure that Russia is nt perceived as the villain here.

http://electionlawblog.org/?p=93740

Hard to see how there is not a serious case here of solicitation. Trump Jr. appears to have knowledge of the foreign source and is asking to see it. As I explained earlier, such information can be considered a “thing of value” for purposes of the campaign finance law.

It is also possible other laws were broken, such as the laws against coordinating with a foreign entity on an expenditure. There could also be related obstruction, racketeering, or conspiracy charges, but these are really outside my area of specialization and I cannot say.

But there’s a lot for prosecutors to sink their teeth into. Pretty close to the smoking gun people were looking for.

WP isn't an apologist, he is a stooge, as is Will Wiley. barbos is the apologist.
What is worse, apologist or stooge?
Stooge. They have an agenda and will present anything to make a particular case. An apologist can simply be clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

http://electionlawblog.org/?p=93740

Hard to see how there is not a serious case here of solicitation. Trump Jr. appears to have knowledge of the foreign source and is asking to see it. As I explained earlier, such information can be considered a “thing of value” for purposes of the campaign finance law.

It is also possible other laws were broken, such as the laws against coordinating with a foreign entity on an expenditure. There could also be related obstruction, racketeering, or conspiracy charges, but these are really outside my area of specialization and I cannot say.

But there’s a lot for prosecutors to sink their teeth into. Pretty close to the smoking gun people were looking for.
This is hardly "the smoking gun". This indicates that the Trump campaign at least conspired to collude.

- - - Updated - - -

If not, why?

As I mentioned both sides in the elections look for dirt on each other. I'm not sure how seeking it from a Russian or a German would be treasonous. Media and Politicians share the same trough which has not limit on size and location.

My understanding is treason is an act against a country and or head of state and perhaps as suggested if Russia is considered an enemy unless the candidate for Presidency is considered government.
It is clearly against our laws whether you are aware of them or not. If both sides do it then both sides need to be put in jail.

Back
Top Bottom